Page 494 of 494 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494
Results 7,396 to 7,399 of 7399

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I like the logo. Oddly enough I didn't even think of Kingdom Come when I first saw it.
    I think of Strange Visitor.

It's not exactly the same though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    1. There are no "Gunn cultists." His fans don't live and breathe by his work.

2. There is beautiful simplicity in this new logo. It's simply a hopeful version of the Kingdom Come Superman logo.
    To an extent, there definitely are Gunn cultists who think he can do no wrong and really tear into anybody with the gall to think he's not infallible. His fans have brigaded a lot of forums and while they're not as insane as the Snyder cultists, it's pretty obnoxious. I've had my head bitten off just for saying that his stuff isn't any more faithful to the source material than Snyder or that the animal killings in GOTG3 felt like cheap emotional manipulation to me. I literally had someone swear at me when I said I didn't think Yondu was portrayed sympathetically and was confused by everyone being so saddened by his death. So his fans can be just as toxic and unwilling to hear criticism and weirdly devoted as any other crappy fandom.

That said, I like the logo and am hoping for the best for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Don't plenty of the characters have a shield-like shape?

Kryptonian symbols seem very geometrical without embellishment. They don't look like this:

Of course it could just be "artistic interpretation" just like how it's an interpretation of the letter "S", but it doesn't really align with the modern Krypton that's been presented to us the past several decades. Gunn's symbol does seem more in line with the Kryptonian aesthetic to me is all I'm saying.

Isn't it allegedly the crest of the House of El? And not just a random letter? Or in some versions anyways...