Page 374 of 498 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 7462

Thread: DCU Movies

He is a huge lobo fan. Makes sense and he will be in makeup.

Question is will lobo be a full bad guy or anti-hero who fights than teams up with superman like in the superman cartoon? They still hated each other but teamed up to take down a threat to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Question is will lobo be a full bad guy or anti-hero who fights than teams up with superman like in the superman cartoon? They still hated each other but teamed up to take down a threat to both.
    Probably more anti-hero at least in the sense that he's lacking in scruples and will do anything for a job, but isn't averse to a team-up if it serves his interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

I imagine he'll be the standard out-for-himself, kick-ass bounty hunter - but with a moral code of his own who will likely do something that shows he has the potential to be more. Like Han "shoot first" Solo and Chew-"rip your arm off"-bacca in one.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-15-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Also dolphins. He loves dolphins .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC made fun of the Momoa/Lobo rumors in the last Halloween special:

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Ya beat me to it. It's actually not unusual for actors to take roles because they simply like the character. And I think he could pull it off. He's no great actor, but Lobo is something I think he could play.
    He is more suited to play Lobo than Aquaman, imo.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-15-2023 at 11:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Agreed. Jason is basically playing Lobo light as Aquaman right now.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Idk how you guys do it but after Conan the Barbarian I have NEVER watched a Momoa led movie.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-16-2023 at 09:16 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Momoa worked for what was needed for Aquaman.

before he was cast and the “badass” Aquaman became the norm the character was still seen as a joke - “the guy who talks to fish”. Yeah, comic book fans may have known that Aquaman was cool but the mainstream audience definitely didn’t. I don’t think a character has had a better image rehab than Aquaman and it’s mostly due to Momoa’s portrayal and overall look/charisma.

Now that he’s done with Arthur I’m looking forward to him finally fulfilling his destiny and stepping into Lobo’s boots.

Comic book fatigue has set in with moviegoers but I think Momoa as Lobo could really generate excitement. Hell, if there is a Superman vs Lobo fight in Legacy it would boost ticket sales.

I mean, in the Flash after credits scene does that seem more like Arthur or Lobo?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So does Aquaman I imagine ... I wish I had something clever to say about that connection, but it's a funny coincidence.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Because they'll likely be, you know, supporting characters in Superman's story.
    Don't care. It's going to be over twelve years since the last solo Superman movie. I want a Superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Momoa's character in Stargate: Atlantis was really close to Lobo as it was.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So do I. They are pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So do I. They are pretty awesome.
    You know it .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    See, one big reason I don't buy this "Momoa's going to play Lobo" thing is that, logically, why would Momoa accept what is effectively a massive 'demotion'.
    We've also been seeing articles that claim that Momoa is "actively engaged" in talks to play Lobo, despite the fact that that is literally impossible. So either those scoopers are wildly off about the dates of said negotiation or those reports are false.

For context: Jason Momoa cannot be "engaged in" talks to play Lobo because Jason Momoa along with the rest of SAG has been on strike since July. Neither he nor his reps can negotiate for him to act in a struck project even if said project would film in the future. Last I checked, Lobo is a character owned by WBD, one of the biggest studios in Hollywood. They're definitely not getting an interim agreement. And the strike doesn't seem to be ending soon given the state of negotiations...

It also seems like kind of a bad business decision since his Aquaman was literally the only DCEU film to make it into the billion dollar club. Does it make sense to try and cast him as another character with less name recognition before seeing how the sequel does first?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 10-16-2023 at 07:22 PM.