Page 198 of 497 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Also I hope DC has a backup plan in case Flashpoint tanks. Despite all the good news and jubilation over the first trailer that's the film I have concerns about. Not whether its good or bad but whether it can clear $800M
    Not sure what you mean. The plan is to reboot, and that’s happening regardless of how well the Flash movie does. Gunn’s plan doesn’t hinge at all on if the current slate flops or not, it’s Legacy that will make or break him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    holy ****!! it's the guy from cobra kai..i didn't know he was gonna be the beetle..and the kid just went power ranger
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-04-2023 at 11:28 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Anime is insanely popular with Gen Z! All my sisters are into anime! Like obsessed. So yeah it was definitely smart on Angels part!
    Anime is also quite popular with Millennials too (it was millennials that grew up with Toonami, Pokemon, and other first wave mainstream anime).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not sure what you mean. The plan is to reboot, and that’s happening regardless of how well the Flash movie does. Gunn’s plan doesn’t hinge at all on if the current slate flops or not, it’s Legacy that will make or break him.
    this movie is suppose to create the reboot. Just like how Flashpoint lead into the New 52. And Aquaman 2 comes out after it! They will release under James Gunn's watch. They might keep the same Supergirl as well.

If this movie completely bombs Warner execs will be looking sideways at everyone. Outside of The Batman and Joker films the last big hit was Aquaman in 2018 (which excelled internationally).

I know two films were dropped on HBO Max during the pandemic so we can't judge, but it is what it is. We've got two ignore them and Wonder Woman's being recast anyway.

James Gunn does not have an endless runway here. He needs a hit in one of the first three or four films that release under his management
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-05-2023 at 01:53 PM.
    The J-man

James Gunn does not have an endless runway here. He needs a hit in one of the first three or four films that release under his management
    Nah he's got plenty of leeway here. These films are releasing during his tenure, but they were not made under his management; they pre-date him coming in and were largely finished before he got his favorite coffee cup in the office, much less had hashed out exactly what to do with DC.

Anything that was already in the pipe when he came on won't reflect too badly on him. Once the stuff he planned out starts to hit, Waller and Superman and such, then his position will be riding on how successful it is. But nobody's gonna give him too much crap for movies the previous regime green lit and made.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The Suicide Squad bombed because of the omicron variant. It's crazy how people will talk about that movie (and WW84) and not mention that.
    Because that doesn't fit the narrative of "everyone hates DC movies because they're tangentially related to Zack Snyder..."

Extraordinary Member

this movie is suppose to create the reboot. Just like how Flashpoint lead into the New 52. And Aquaman 2 comes out after it! They will release under James Gunn's watch. They might keep the same Supergirl as well.

If this movie completely bombs Warner execs will be looking sideways at everyone. Outside of The Batman and Joker films the last big hit was Aquaman in 2018 (which excelled internationally).

I know two films were dropped on HBO Max during the pandemic so we can't judge, but it is what it is we've got two ignore them and Wonder Woman's being recast anyway.

Gal is actually in Aquaman 2 as well.

For an actress recently been rumored to have been fired from the DC Universe, Gal Gadot sure keeps showing up...Aquaman 2‘s use of Gal Gadot means that, despite the apparent cancellation of Wonder Woman 3, Gadot will be 2023’s most-prolific actress from the soon-to-be-defunct Zack Snyder era of the DC Universe. In fact, the only 2023 DC film that Gadot won’t likely appear in is the upcoming Blue Beetle movie. Anything is possible, however, so don’t be surprised if you see Gal Gadot’s face alongside Xolo Maridueña’s in the upcoming movie.
    But, yeah, unless they change the release date for Aquaman 2, alongside Momoa confirming that he believes that Aquaman "has a future in the DCU," that might be a strong indicator that Momoa is staying as Arthur.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-05-2023 at 08:12 AM.

I know two films were dropped on HBO Max during the pandemic so we can't judge, but it is what it is we've got two ignore them and Wonder Woman's being recast anyway.

You’d think so but this is DC so of course it’s never that simple. Per the leaks this does not connect to Gunn’s universe at all, except in that it establishes the existence of the Multiverse. But as of right now, Miller does not end up in the Gunnverse at the end. spoilers:
    Current rumor is that Calle and Keaton have been deleted from the ending, and Clooney shows up in their place. So even Miller can be easily tossed aside if the movie flops.
    end of spoilers

And the last DCEU movies don’t reflect on Gunn at all. He didn’t make them, he didn’t greenlight them, they’re Hamada’s films to take credit or blame for.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don't see how The Flash could lead to Gunn universe if no actors of that universe is cast to possibly show up over The Flash. Even cutting Keaton from the end would just make look the film even more tied to the Snyderverse without the Affleck/Keaton multiverse screw up that originally casted doubt on the extent of changes Barry could've caused.

As I understood, internally the movie had some tweaks with the removal of some actors from some scenes (Cavill/Gadot) after Gunn took over. Potentially there was some back and forth to remove other scenes. But weeks after January's reshoots, the movie tested again (because movies need to be tested after reshoots), and it was the same thing with no alternate ending from before.

At this point, I have no idea what to expect from the final film, but, in few weeks, the movie will have an advanced premiere at Cinemacon. That's what they'll show in theaters in June.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    holy ****!! it's the guy from cobra kai..i didn't know he was gonna be the beetle..and the kid just went power ranger
    Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle has always had that general vibe actually So this fits the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You spelled Guyver incorrectly...

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Do you mean Tokusatsu, like Kamen Rider or Super Sentai?
    Hahahaha, yeah, that's what I meant, Tokusatsu!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Nah he's got plenty of leeway here. These films are releasing during his tenure, but they were not made under his management; they pre-date him coming in and were largely finished before he got his favorite coffee cup in the office, much less had hashed out exactly what to do with DC.

Anything that was already in the pipe when he came on won't reflect too badly on him. Once the stuff he planned out starts to hit, Waller and Superman and such, then his position will be riding on how successful it is. But nobody's gonna give him too much crap for movies the previous regime green lit and made.
    In my experience, when the new guy takes over. The new CEO, President or whoever it may be. If things go wrong something tanks while he is in charge regardless if it was a project that predated him he will get the blame. The thought process being he could have done something to avert the catastrophe. Right or wrong that's how some will perceive it. Conversely, if those projects are smash hits he might not get all the credit. Detractors can always say it was his predecessor. Thems the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Gal is actually in Aquaman 2 as well.

But, yeah, unless they change the release date for Aquaman 2, alongside Momoa confirming that he believes that Aquaman "has a future in the DCU," that might be a strong indicator that Momoa is staying as Arthur.
    Oh wow I didn't know this

You’d think so but this is DC so of course it’s never that simple. Per the leaks this does not connect to Gunn’s universe at all, except in that it establishes the existence of the Multiverse. But as of right now, Miller does not end up in the Gunnverse at the end. spoilers:
    Current rumor is that Calle and Keaton have been deleted from the ending, and Clooney shows up in their place. So even Miller can be easily tossed aside if the movie flops.
    end of spoilers
    well I stand corrected I guess. Granted, I don't think Miller should play the Flash again, but people tend to surprise me so I was waiting to see how the movie performed. If this film makes like $2 Billion, he'd be back
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-05-2023 at 02:22 PM.
    The J-man

end of spoilers

And the last DCEU movies don’t reflect on Gunn at all. He didn’t make them, he didn’t greenlight them, they’re Hamada’s films to take credit or blame for.
    The rumored original ending to The Flash really wouldn’t make sense at all considering what will be happening with the DC movies going forward.spoilers:
    Having Barry end up in a new universe with Keaton’s Batman and Calle’s Supergirl and then apparently have Batfleck contact him from the Snyderverse calling for help and setting up a sequel.
    end of spoilersThe Flash could potentially be one of WB’s biggest most profitable movies of the year so it would be incredibly stupid to end it with a “to be continued” knowing full well that the storyline isn’t happening. If it’s as good as it’s hyped to be and they end it like that they’d have millions of people wanting to see what happens next only for WB and Gunn to tell everyone nope Affleck isn’t coming back, Keaton won’t be Batman anymore, and we’re probably going to cast a whole new Supergirl. I can’t imagine that will be good for business.

They have to find a way to leave it open but still have a potential conclusion to the Ezra Flash story.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-05-2023 at 02:49 PM.

Man, y'all are as sensitive about jokes at Batman's expense as WB execs.

Anyways, trailer looked alright-ish. Don't know if I'll see it in theaters with the rising ticket prices but looks like it could be good.