Page 269 of 497 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This implies the Barry Allen character had something to do with The Flash bombing and we should use its failure as an excuse to sweep him under the rug.

lmao, let a man dream damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Go back and read my post. I said Snyder is uncredited for directing a few action scenes. You deliberately removed context to make a strawman argument where you misrepresent the facts. I never said Snyder directed the whole movie. I always said he directed a few (noticeable for his style) action scenes.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan has uncredited scenes he directed MOS. I'm really failing to see any issues here. Patty Jenkins still has all the credit, she still directed the 'Crossing No Man's Land' scene, the key scenes between Diana and Steve and she directed the CGI finale.
    Nope, quote whatever logical fallacy you learned from the internet all you want. My point of contention is you have no evidence that Snyder directed any portion of WW. Your entire argument hinges on "well, it looks like it to me".

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    And tbh, compared to BvS, MoS actually has comparatively decent reviews. Hell, dude even tried to stop Snyder/Goyer from the neck breaking scene. You legitimately could say Nolan contributed more to MoS than Snyder did to WW which has reviewed better than any of Snyder's movies ever making it laughable to give him credit for it.
    Yeah, I do love the implication in these arguments of getting rid of Snyder ruined everything and ignores the high profile disaster that was BvS and the polarizing reviews and mild box office success of MoS.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    lmao, let a man dream damn it!
    Fair enough.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Gunn liked a tweet about Barry not being in his new DCU at the end of the film:

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/likes

The duality of man lol:

He should've just said to watch the films to find out lol.

https://bsky.app/profile/jamesgunn.bsky.social
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-19-2023 at 01:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Gunn liked a tweet about Barry not being in his new DCU at the end of the film:

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/likes

The duality of man lol:

He should've just said to watch the films to find out.
    Well, Keaton-Bat's said that some alternate worlds are similar and some are wildly divergent, so I guess you can just say some of the characters in the reboot are very similar in appearance and history to the ones in the DCEU. Kinda like how JK Simmons is apparently Jameson in numerous realities of the Marvel multiverse.

Well, hopefully The Flash didn't run himself out of the entire DC Movie Universe.

Time for Wally West to come save the day!!!!
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This implies the Barry Allen character had something to do with The Flash bombing and we should use its failure as an excuse to sweep him under the rug.

flawed or not... those movies were better than a lot of the superhero stuff lately.

Fantastic Member

I think I'm vastly more concerned with what people will be hired to write and direct these movies than I am which characters appear. I'd rather have a well written and directed Barry movie than a terrible Wally movie 10/10 times. So that's my major point of concern. And honestly as much as I want to be optimistic the more we learn the harder it is. I'd absolutely prefer Tom King not be in the writers room, he's kinda like the exact opposite type of person I would want in the mix to try and bounce back from the Snyder style "realism". Like Heroes in Crisis feels like it would be a Zack Snyder movie (Sucker Punch meets Man of Steel). So that was a bummer. I'm also not the biggest James Gunn fan, seen nearly everything he's done up til Guardians 2 and it doesn't resonate with me. But I wanted to give him a clean slate here and still do.

But I'm really not excited about the rumors of spoilers:
    The Authority being in Superman Legacy. It feels like relying on a crutch to have what will presumably be ANOTHER team of misfits written by Gunn. Maybe others will enjoy it more but I wish we could get a good Superman movie with Superman characters.
    end of spoilers

And Andrés Muschietti going from The Flash to The Brave and the Bold. I don't love either of his It movies and I don't like The Flash. I was hoping for a fresh start with Gunn in charge and this is not fresh. Interesting look to have the director of your latest flop at the helm of a pillar of the brand. And some of the interviews he's giving and excuses he is giving for the bad CGI are just not geniune. Like we get it man, stuff happened things changed time and money ran out. If you can't admit that because of corporate then don't be out here being like "it was intentional". It feels brazenly dishonest.

That brings me to "one of the greatest superhero movies ever made" just... don't say stuff like that.That's for people not involved in the making of the movie to say not WB employees. And when you say that and based on reviews and audience scores it's apparent that not many agree, it paints an unfavorable picture for everyone involved. It's now harder to get excited because the audience has already been let down once. Unforced error here. Makes everyone look bad. And if the Flash drops close to 70% next weekend, it now looks like you knowingly peddled lies to prop up an obvious disaster.

I would really like to enjoy this next decade of DC Films but man. It does not feel like the ground is firming up
    Last edited by Coop; 06-19-2023 at 05:58 PM.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

After seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 I was extremely confident in James Gunn running the DCU.

Now I'm not so much anymore.

Why couldn't he just keep the DCEU running? Why the need to do this convoluted soft reboot?

Just recast Miller and Affleck with different actors and keep the characters. Make Bruce a little younger and don't call attention to it.

Is it that important to have a younger Superman??

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I'd absolutely prefer Tom King not be in the writers room, he's kinda like the exact opposite type of person I would want in the mix to try and bounce back from the Snyder style "realism". Like Heroes in Crisis feels like it would be a Zack Snyder movie (Sucker Punch meets Man of Steel). So that was a bummer.
    Was this really said? WTF??

I personally think Gunn needs to step back from social media and interviews, or at least try to divide the responsibility for the upcoming projects. I understand he is passionate, but he isn't some kind of influencer, he needs to think about the business side as well. If Blue Beetle ends up being a flop, it won't look good on him and make people lose even more hope in the DCEU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Time for Wally West to come save the day!!!!
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    After seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 I was extremely confident in James Gunn running the DCU.

Now I'm not so much anymore.

Why couldn't he just keep the DCEU running? Why the need to do this convoluted soft reboot?

Just recast Miller and Affleck with different actors and keep the characters. Make Bruce a little younger and don't call attention to it.

Is it that important to have a younger Superman??
    The diminishing returns on every movie post the first Shazam shows that the DCEU doesn’t have goodwill with general audiences. A reboot is needed. And I mean a hard one.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The DCEU has had the same problems since BvS. The Flash movie seems to be the ultimate accumulation of all those issues with trying to fix it all in one go but to rather muted response after the general audience has already lost interest. It's been a constant cycle of trying to fix problems of past movies with the general audience not caring about these versions of the characters less and less each time around. They just don't feel at all invested in the universe WB tried to construct for the last 10 years with a handful of people intensely arguing about who should lead the direction of the movies. Maybe the first Wonder Woman movie broke through but the totality of everything WB has tried to do has been such a huge mess.

I get WB tried to cut corners and rush to a big team up movie without doing all the ground work a Marvel did, but I'll never understand the decision Snyder made in trying to adapt some version of The Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns for BvS that was the 2nd movie meant to open the DCEU. To me most of the failures of the DCEU can be traced back to BvS. It underperforming, ruining the first on screen meeting between Batman and Superman, starting so late in Batman's career, the overly dark tone that WB has been trying to course correct since, the Lex casting choice, and so on. They let Snyder start working on JL before BvS came out too and then were stuck in a situation of having him continue after back to back very divisive movies. I get there were other reasons he left the JL project because of his family, but WB really should have waited until BvS's response before giving Snyder a 3rd movie imo.

With the future of the DC movies under Gunn I really don't know what to expect. I fail to see why the audience should care about an Authority movie, or Creature Commandos and a Waller TV series. I get these properties have their small number of fans, but they don't have the power to change the audience's feelings towards DC on a larger scale. DC needs those foundational character movies like a Superman and Batman to really set the table for all the smaller projects later but the brands are all kind of tainted now. Maybe outside of The Joker, lol.

I agree with some in the thread that the Superman Legacy movie should be the opening project with the new Batman one shortly after to establish what the new universe is. Sort of what WB should have done at the start a decade ago, but then you have the complication of there being two different Batman movie projects going on at the same time which confuses things. Then if more of these projects before and around Superman Legacy are met with tepid response what do you? Maybe it is too far out to really say though.