Page 371 of 500 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 7489

Thread: DCU Movies

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Aquaman 2’ Flooded With Drama: Jason Momoa Allegedly Drunk on Set, Amber Heard Scenes Cut, Elon Musk’s Letter to WB and More: https://variety.com/2023/film/news/a...er-1235747775/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ‘Aquaman 2’ Flooded With Drama: Jason Momoa Allegedly Drunk on Set, Amber Heard Scenes Cut, Elon Musk’s Letter to WB and More: https://variety.com/2023/film/news/a...er-1235747775/
    The classic can't make DC movies without drama challenge.

Wow, I thought the Amber stuff would be the main issues.

Astonishing Member

In fact, none of the stars cast by Zack Snyder for 2016’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and 2017’s “Justice League” — including Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller and Momoa — will reprise their roles in the new DC universe in character. Momoa may return, just not as Aquaman. Sources say the actor has engaged in talks to play Lobo, either in the 2025 reboot “Superman: Legacy,” written and directed by Gunn, or in a standalone film.
    Yeah, Gal is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Yeah, Gal is out.
    What about Ray Fisher? The article doesn't mention if he stays or not. /S

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Yeah, Gal is out.
    B... but... this totally isn't a reboot! Gunn said he was honoring the past! He hinted he still wanted to work with Ezra as the Flash and said it was the best superhero movie he ever saw!

Yeah, saw this coming a mile away. If they're rebooting both Batman and Superman, I expect a complete refresh for the entire Justice League.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Less Mera makes me more and more not interested

Interesting that people working at WB believe it doesn’t really even matter who is in charge of DC right now since they expect to be sold to Universal in two years.

It would be comical if WBD get sold and the new guys in charge will shift DC direction again.

Universal's bosses: "What's this unified universe across multiple media? DC should be a multiverse with different creatives in charge of the different corners and media."

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    B... but... this totally isn't a reboot! Gunn said he was honoring the past! He hinted he still wanted to work with Ezra as the Flash and said it was the best superhero movie he ever saw!

Yeah, saw this coming a mile away. If they're rebooting both Batman and Superman, I expect a complete refresh for the entire Justice League.
    Hopefully this means Momoa is playing Lobo in the new universe. Also:
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Bad day for one particularly annoying poster.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

What about Ray Fisher? The article doesn't mention if he stays or not. /S
    If they're gone, I doubt he's been retained.

Extraordinary Member

It would be comical if WBD get sold and the new guys in charge will shift DC direction again.

Universal's bosses: "What's this unified universe across multiple media? DC should be a multiverse with different creatives in charge of the different corners and media."
    I would laugh SO much if that happened!

Universal doesn’t care about that, only money. If Legacy is a success then they’ll let Gunn do his thing. If not then his contract won’t be renewed. Same exact status quo as life under Zaslav.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I know people generally don’t like change but the lamenting of the death of the DCEU has gone off the rails.

The DCEU movies are the main reason why DC Comics is a punchline and the brand is in the toilet. Characters that should be generating millions are being shelved to let the stink wear off.

This is like Harley being devoted to the Joker even though he’s horribly abusive to her.

The vast majority of moviegoers clearly aren’t invested in the DC movies, so I don’t think changing the actors and rebooting storylines will matter much. People have rightfully brought up how easy it was for audiences to accept The Batman as a different continuity mainly because it was a great film. There weren’t people in theaters ripping their hair out because Commissioner Gordon and Alfred looked different than they did in Justice League.

So the real hurdle for Gunn isn’t the new continuity. He just needs to make a good movie. I think he can do it. Guardians of the Galaxy, a team that no one had ever heard of, now has a ride at Disneyland. He’s got a good track record.

The shared continuity across all media is a different story. I think that’s a horrible idea.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-10-2023 at 02:32 PM.