Page 486 of 497 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Maybe he’s putting together a JLD project? Or Deadman might be cameoing in Creature Commandoes/something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It took me a moment to figure out the mermaid emoji but I guess it’s a reference to Peacemaker since that was something Vigilante used when texting.
    Yeah Gunn is going straight to shooting Peacemaker S2 after wrapping Superman, I assume that’s what the emoji refers to (he’s not directing all the episodes for S2 just the opening this time I believe).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Production Weekly says Teen Titans will begin production in late 2025 and also attached the image and description of the first volume of Percy's Rebirth Teen Titans.

"The Teen Titans are further apart than ever before...until Damian Wayne recruits Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and the new Kid Flash to join him in a fight against his own grandfather, Ra's al Ghul.”
    Granted, PW doesn't always get the details right but James Gunn did like a few tweets asking him to use Wallace West back when he still used Twitter, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is indeed the line-up.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 03-22-2024 at 06:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Production Weekly says Teen Titans will begin production in late 2025 and also attached the image and description of the first volume of Percy's Rebirth Teen Titans.

Granted, PW doesn't always get the details right but James Gunn did like a few tweets asking him to use Wallace West back when he still used Twitter, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is indeed the line-up.
    I refuse to believe that line up

Be kind of funny if we get a reboot and we still get black Wally .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Hmmm got me wondering if Animated Raven's pale ash colored skin is a reference to that...
    To be honest, I thought Raven was of Indian descent when she was first introduced, back in the 1980s. Her and Jinx.

Honestly, after waiting all these years for another live action Robin, starting with Damian in the mantle is just anticlimactic.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Honestly, after waiting all these years for another live action Robin, starting with Damian in the mantle is just anticlimactic.
    ....we just had 3 like 2 years ago.

https://www.thetrailblazer.net/p/wed...-titans-smurfs

“This past week, DC Studios was revealed by The Hollywood Reporter to be developing a live-action feature film Teen Titans, centered on the team of teenage superheroes, for their franchise the DC Universe (DCU) from James Gunn and Peter Safran. Ana Nogueira, who wrote the pic Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow for the studio, is writing this film.”

“There have been a lot of ideas floated around since this film’s development was revealed as to what the team roster may be, and the recent issue of Production Weekly, which reports that production is set to begin in late 2025, may offer some insight into what the film may be centered on through its logline:”

“The Teen Titans are further apart than ever before...until Damian Wayne recruits Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and the new Kid Flash to join him in a fight against his own grandfather, Ra's al Ghul.”

“That description is taken directly from Teen Titans Vol. 1: Damian Knows Best, which was written by Benjamin Percy with art by Khoi Pham, Diogenes Neves, and Jonboy Meyers, and a cover by Jonboy Meyers. That comic was released in five parts from December 2016 through April 2017, as part of the “DC Rebirth” event, and makes up Teen Titans (Volume 6), which ran until January 2021. Gunn is no stranger to appreciating recent DC Comics storylines and using them in some fashion for the DCU, so it is quite likely that this one holds true, though I will note that Production Weekly does sometimes just include basic descriptions of the subject provided to them. The Kid Flash in that comic is none other than Wally West, who in that universe is the nephew of the Flash, Barry Allen.”
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member

I'm getting a DCAMU impression from this info.
    Though, it's a little bit early to have these details, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....we just had 3 like 2 years ago.
    Titans doesn’t…

You know what, I’ll rephrase. After waiting all these years for another movie live action Robin, it’s gonna sting not to have Dick in the role.

The possibility of us getting a Teen Titans movie without Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy and Raven is close to zero. The question should rather be who else will join the team.

You know what, I’ll rephrase. After waiting all these years for another movie live action Robin, it’s gonna sting not to have Dick in the role.
    I would have liked to see Dick as well, but realistically starting with Damian works out the best because it means we will (hopefully) get to see Nightwing, Red Hood and one (or several) of the Batgirls. It also helps to differentiate the new Batman from Matt Reeves' Batman.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 03-22-2024 at 12:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

Sadly, this is expected considering Damian's status as "the blood son".

He gets key roles in Elseworlds, he was basically the lead character of the entire DCAMU, and now he is going to be one of the most important characters in Gunn's DCU (one Batman movie as co-lead and one Teen Titans movie where he is the lead).

This is just the way it goes.

FWIW, Gunn debunked PW's description of Superman back in the day, so don't take it as gospel.

FWIW, Gunn debunked PW's description of Superman back in the day, so don't take it as gospel.
    James Gunn has also "debunked" things that turned out to be true, so it's either/or
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    James Gunn has also "debunked" things that turned out to be true, so it's either/or
    I mean, I think it would be pretty weird to use the exact same logline of a comic for a movie.