Page 96 of 499 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 7480

Thread: DCU Movies

I'm surprised they aren't doing a big fanDOME event. Is Gunn gonna announce it on his mastodon account?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I'm surprised they aren't doing a big fanDOME event. Is Gunn gonna announce it on his mastodon account?
    Press have apparently been invited to an event that revealed the slate tomorrow: expect various articles from multiple trades to report on the slate while a vid will be released on the official DC Twitter accounts.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure, but it seems like Batman and Robin might be a part of DCU slate, at least that's what some people who attended this event are heavily implying.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Jordon Peterson a.k.a Jorp a.k.a Kermit the Fraud is one of the patron saints of Incel culture and been embraced by elements of the far right. His pseudo intellectual stances make them feel justified in their sexism, transphobia, homophobia, etc. Hopefully Levi's praise of him is further back from before Peterson had his brain fried from the all meat diet/Benzo addiction/illegal Russian coma.
    He did give us a meme despite his woke = broke mindset.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm not sure, but it seems like Batman and Robin might be a part of DCU slate, at least that's what some people who attended this event are heavily implying.
    12 noon EST for full reveal.

Superman
    Batman and Robin
    Swamp Thing - Del toro rumoured
    Wonder Woman
    Stewart Lantern
    Booster Gold - TV
    Blue beetle

all hinted for chapter 1 of the DCU on twitter from people who attended event.

I hope there are more surprising and diverse additions. Plus ensemble projects that are not JL.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I absolutely agree he worked great there mixing it up with other capes and cowls and also in the comics at times. But live action is a different animal where there's only so much time to establish characters and tone, etc. And a guy in a trench coat is a difficult fit amongst super-powered people in my mind. ("Watchmen" was different with Rorschach since there was only one real superhuman) And I'd just rather see Vic investigate human crimes and explore the darkness of humanity rather than get mixed up in superhuman stuff. (and I'm assuming he isn't going to get as many chances or iterations as Batman)
    A show could manage both aspects better than a movie. I don't mind the grounded angle, I just prefer it outside of Marvel and DC comics. Grounded crime stories are better done outside the big two.

I don't mind a grounded story but I rather some otherworldly elements to it. I don't mind him dealing with the fallout of the other movies.

Mostly I just don't want him or any character defined by one style for too long.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-31-2023 at 08:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

Well...I must say I'm more psyched for this slate reveal than I have been for most DC films to be honest

Here's my final round of predictions:

-The 'Year Two' Superman film...obviously. This is the one project we know for sure is in the works
    -A Green Lantern film, probably Green Lantern Corps, either focused on John Stewart and/or multiple GL's
    -Green Arrow, either solo or with Black Canary
    -Wonder Woman, either a reboot or a soft-reboot with Gal returning
    -A Nightwing and/or Batfamily film (which may or may not feature Batman himself)
    -Legion of Superheroes, possibly a spin-off from the Superman film
    -A new Justice League film

Of this bunch, apart from Superman (which is 100% confirmed), I'm 90+% sure on a GL-related movie. I'd give a fairly high probability to Wonder Woman as well. And I think Gunn would definitely want to build to a new JL movie at the earliest, since that's the real goldmine that DC/WB has been missing. The rest are more speculative.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I think most projects will be set in a new universe, all main roles recast, but few projects will be set in the current DCEU universe: Peacemaker 2, the Waller show, etc. Or other universes, The Batman, Joker 2, etc.

So I'm hearing (unconfirmed rumors) that the announcements will drop around noon EST. Gonna make a couple last minute speculations, then check back later to see how close I was. Assuming Gunn makes the announcements in the first place anyway.

I'm expecting three or four "DCNew" projects to be announced, which will include at least one tv show, and my guesses are.....

Superman. Pretty much a given, and the thing is all but confirmed to be among the first of Gunn's movies.

Green Lantern. Probably with John, maybe with John and Hal in a buddy cop type of thing. Probably a movie. GL is one of the few big name IP without the stink of the DCEU on it and Reynolds' movie was over a decade ago, making the Lanterns one of the strongest options DC has for big names right now. We know a HBO show died in development hell, and I can easily see Gunn picking the idea up since it'd fit pretty easily with his past experience with the GotG while still being different enough to avoid being a rehash.

Legion. Spinning out of Superman and providing some context and scope to the new DCU. A relatively "safe" movie, as it won't impact the main canon if things go poorly; it's part of the canon but so far removed it's essentially stand-alone, and Gunn could take what works and what doesn't from that film and adapt everything that follows without complicating or contradicting the new continuity.

Jonah Hex. Because Yellowstone is popular, superhero cowboys should be popular too right? Plus Gunn likes the D-listers, it'd be something different from the typical DC/Marvel fare, and nobody remembers that failed Hex film from years back. Good place to explore DC's past and help establish the foundation. Likely a tv show.

Bonus guess: Booster Gold, because when this all started I said Booster's 52 Pickup story would be ideal for setting the stage of the new DCU, establishing that past films don't count and giving us a small taste of where the big names come from in the new canon. Probably a movie....but I think it'd be great as a show with an easy to swallow budget.

And I won't be surprised if we get confirmation that Peacemaker is getting a season 2 before the new stuff really picks up steam and gets rolling. Also won't be surprised if the new Reeve Batman movie is announced, though that's still supposed to be separate from the new DCU right?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

My body is ready.

Lot of stuff announced. Kinda meh on two Batmans at the same time but Robin will be cool. My main interest is in Superman: Legacy. Please nail it

Mighty Member

Last edited by Beantownbrown; 01-31-2023 at 10:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

NewSo....we aren't WONDER WOMAN. Her world is getting what it deserves in a high end tv series but where is Diana in all of this?

We're getting Supergirl before we see her meet Superman?

Jumping all the way to our 4th/5th Robin?

They seem all over the place still so it'll be a wait and see. But we really should've gotten a new WW movie.