Page 105 of 499 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 7480

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know that worked in the comics over decades, but I do not want to see Batman's movies so focused on Robin turnover and seeing them all evolve in pretty much the ways we've all already seen. It'd be like the Dirty Harry movies where he had a new partner each movie.
    We haven't really seen that on film before, though? I guess they just didn't want to waste time with an early years Batman again.
    That's only if you ascribe to the "Batgod" version of the character. (which never made sense because sure, he can take down the Authority and the JLA, but The Riddler and Penguin are constant thorns in his side. It's a lot easier to overlook in comics, but movies less so, imo)
    Well, if they're drawing from Morrison...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I saw someone speculate that Superman interacting with the Authority is what inspires the creation of the JL. Supes sees how out of control metas can be and forms a team strong enough to police the superhero community.
    This is the easiest way to introduce the Authority. I wonder if Superman will be in the movie ?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He has to be joking with this right? Surely?

So how many releases are you looking at per year?
    Safran: Probably two movies and probably two HBO Max series.

Are these 10 projects everything in chapter one?
    Safran: We haven’t announced everything in chapter one. There’s some stuff that comes beyond this. So let’s just say it just it’s too early to talk about that, but it becomes very clear what the story is.

Gunn: This is half of it.
    2 movies per year? And they announced 6 movies? That's a bit ridiculous imo. Should at least be 3. 2 DC Studio movies and an Elseworlds movie in between.

That would mean no Wonder Woman movie until 2028. Which is 100% unacceptable.

He also commented on the 2 WW movies
    And we have Wonder Woman and we have Wonder Woman [1984], which doesn’t even match what happened in Wonder Woman one.
    https://gizmodo.com/james-gunn-dc-sl...gue-1850051467

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We haven't really seen that on film before, though? I guess they just didn't want to waste time with an early years Batman again.
    I mean, it isn't exactly the best idea to explain how Bruce went through 3 to 4 kids as his time as Batman, with one dying under his watch, when they are trying to sell us a father and son relationship lol. They will have to skip one or two of them for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I mean, it isn't exactly the best idea to explain how Bruce went through 3 to 4 kids as his time as Batman, with one dying under his watch, when they are trying to sell us a father and son relationship lol. They will have to skip one or two of them for sure.
    I'll be surprised if we don't see Jason's Robin costume on full display in the Batcave .

I’m kinda confused with the status with the old actors…It makes WB look like hypocrites if they keep them.

Not for nothing, but are we sure Damian will even be referred to as "Robin" in the movie? If not, it could mean someone else is Robin.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-31-2023 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I’m kinda confused with the status with the old actors…It makes WB look like hypocrites if they keep them.
    I don't think it does. It only seems that way based on what other people have said. From what I've read, Gunn has only said that the story is what's important. I don't think he or WB actually made any statement about starting over with younger actors across the board.

So, this just happened--

Will this affect the upcoming dc films?

https://deadline.com/2023/01/wga-wes...ke-1235244477/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Um, Jordan Peterson is not "ring wing". He's a free speech absolutist, thanks to not being a big fan of "compelled speech" in Canada.
    Does the right wing start at the KKK for you? This person is very obviously right wing, and i am just talking about his own comment even without that extreme interpretation:
    Last edited by Rightoya; 01-31-2023 at 07:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So, this just happened--

Will this affect the upcoming dc films?

https://deadline.com/2023/01/wga-wes...ke-1235244477/
    No. James just so happens to be writing the first 2 things that come out and are in active development.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wonder Woman.....needs a movie in general. And an elseworlds animated series.
    Why should Wonder Woman need an elseworlds series? She first needs an animated series in general.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know that worked in the comics over decades, but I do not want to see Batman's movies so focused on Robin turnover and seeing them all evolve in pretty much the ways we've all already seen. It'd be like the Dirty Harry movies where he had a new partner each movie.

That's only if you ascribe to the "Batgod" version of the character. (which never made sense because sure, he can take down the Authority and the JLA, but The Riddler and Penguin are constant thorns in his side. It's a lot easier to overlook in comics, but movies less so, imo)
    100% on the Robin thing. It's not the comics where you can just go through Batman's history with the Robin's because you have 80 years to do it that you can pretend took 10-15. If they legitimately went through all the Robin's it would either be so highly condensed you'd have a new Robin each film or you'd never get through it. Especially when actors would age out of it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He has to be joking with this right? Surely?

2 movies per year? And they announced 6 movies? That's a bit ridiculous imo. Should at least be 3. 2 DC Studio movies and an Elseworlds movie in between.
    As someone who is starting to get a bit exhausted by the amount of Marvel content released every year, 2 movies and a few TV shows per year sounds entirely reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It really doesn’t. “Keep what worked and rebuild what didn’t” is what he said he was gonna do as soon as he was hired. We don’t even know for certain who is staying beyond Davis and maybe Momoa.

BANNED

Multiple Superman and Batman movies, but GL is stuck as a TV show. I hope it's good, but nothing here is especially interesting or exciting to me.

Legacy sounds like a subtitle for every bad fan film ever.

Whatever they say about the actors/characters/movies coming out this year isn't really to be taken seriously. They aren't going to say those actors are fired or those stories aren't being followed up on before they come out.