Page 120 of 497 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    You sure? Other than his Kryptonian origins, I thought that "Kal-El" was found by the Ellis Family, not the Kent Family, which is why Calvin's trajectory was different from Clark's (i.e. becoming the US President of his world, rather than a newspaper reporter).
    Well, yes, but he's still a variant of Kal El, son of Jor El and Lara, found by kindly farmers, arch enemy of Lex Luthor, etc. He uses a different human alias and his life went on a different course, but he's still just an alternate universe version of the main Superman. He's not a totally different person like Val Zod.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd be into a Val-Zod movie. You could make it a family drama between Val and his militant parents Dru and Ursa and radicalized brother Lor.

Unlike Clark he comes to Earth as an older teem which would lead to its own set of issues.
    Val Zod's parents were pacifists. Which, I guess, begs the question of why make his father Zod if he was so different from our Zod that it had no relevance. I think Val was a mismatch of undercooked ideas and he didn't really end up having much compelling about him besides his costume.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That's not why lol the people who unironically use "woke" as a pejorative don't care if it was a new character or a race swap. They'll complain just the same. We've seen this multiple times (Star Wars, for example.)
    If you're specifically referring to some of those shitty YouTube channels you may have a point. Otherwise the overall criticism had nothing to do with having POC in main roles, it had to do with the way the classic characters were treated in that trilogy. I maintain to this day if they didn't pull the switcheroo with Rey and Finn and actually made Finn the Jedi like they were falsely advertising him to be, perhaps we could've gotten a better movie out of it. But no, you must hate seeing POC in SW if you think Rose Tico is a bad character. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If you're specifically referring to some of those shitty YouTube channels you may have a point. Otherwise the overall criticism had nothing to do with having POC in main roles, it had to do with the way the classic characters were treated in that trilogy. I maintain to this day if they didn't pull the switcheroo with Rey and Finn and actually made Finn the Jedi like they were falsely advertising him to be, perhaps we could've gotten a better movie out of it. But no, you must hate seeing POC in SW if you think Rose Tico is a bad character. Whatever.
    No, I'm speaking more about the "normal" posters/general audience on various social media platforms who are on the anti-SJW bandwagon. The people those YouTube grifters cater too.

And nobody claims you "hate POCs" if you actually express your criticism as more than simply saying "the actress was a diversity hire" or "this sucks because of diversity." Or if, when an actress expresses the racist comments they've received, you don't call them a liar and insinuate their experiences aren't real. Unfortunately, a lot of fans don't do that.

No, I'm speaking more about the "normal" posters/general audience on various social media platforms who are on the anti-SJW bandwagon. The people those YouTube grifters cater too.

And nobody claims you "hate POCs" if you actually express your criticism as more than simply saying "the actress was a diversity hire" or "this sucks because of diversity." Or if, when an actress expresses the racist comments they've received, you don't call them a liar and insinuate their experiences aren't real. Unfortunately, a lot of fans don't do that.
    The fans with legit complaints towards that crappy trilogy who don't represent this stereotype vastly outnumber the type of individuals you're referencing. If you wish to go for the low hanging fruit, more power to you, but that's not what you usually tend to see across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Val Zod's parents were pacifists. Which, I guess, begs the question of why make his father Zod if he was so different from our Zod that it had no relevance. I think Val was a mismatch of undercooked ideas and he didn't really end up having much compelling about him besides his costume.
    You could fix that in an adaptation.

The fans with legit complaints towards that crappy trilogy who don't represent this stereotype vastly outnumber the type of individuals you're referencing. If you wish to go for the low hanging fruit, more power to you, but that's not what you usually tend to see across the board.
    I never claimed which was more prevalent. I merely said they exist. And yet you decided to downplay their existence/impact. For what? Simply say "Yeah, those fans suck" and leave it at that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd be into a Val-Zod movie. You could make it a family drama between Val and his militant parents Dru and Ursa and radicalized brother Lor.

Unlike Clark he comes to Earth as an older teem which would lead to its own set of issues.
    The info for val-zod's Relatives says his parents are Unnamed.

QUOTE-
    Unnamed parents (deceased)

He does not have a brother.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Val-Zod_(Earth_2)

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The info for val-zod's Relatives says his parents are Unnamed.

QUOTE-
    Unnamed parents (deceased)

He does not have a brother.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Val-Zod_(Earth_2)
    You'd simplify it in an adaptation...

I never claimed which was more prevalent. I merely said they exist. And yet you decided to downplay their existence/impact. For what? Simply say "Yeah, those fans suck" and leave it at that.
    Please spare me the part where you try to turn this around on me, you're the one who decided to generalize complainers as not caring whether it was about new characters or a raceswaps by giving SW as an example. All I did was provide a more nuanced take to your assessment about the type of criticism you referenced and now you're telling me I'm downplaying problematic fans for it? Why do people love to play these little games so much I'll never understand.

Please spare me the part where you try to turn this around on me, you're the one who decided to generalize complainers as not caring whether it was about new characters or a raceswaps by giving SW as an example. All I did was provide a more nuanced take to your assessment about the type of criticism you referenced and now you're telling me I'm downplaying problematic fans for it? Why do people love to play these little games so much I'll never understand.
    I didn't do any of that and SPECIFICALLY mentioned exactly who I was talking about lol it's right there for everyone to read. What you did was adopt a victim complex for some reason and decided to deflect from actual racists. But do you.

I didn't do any of that and SPECIFICALLY mentioned exactly who I was talking about lol it's right there for everyone to read. What you did was adopt a victim complex for some reason and decided to deflect from actual racists. But do you.
    When you provide a take that doesn't disagree but also doesn't entirely fit their own and they proceed to throw their buzzwords at you to try to make it look like you're the problem. Fun stuff. Ditto.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't he go power mad and start deliberately absorbing people at some point in that film? He was starting to get off on his powers?
    Are we talking about the man of tomorrow animated movie where parasite becomes godzilla?

The movie was tragic. the guy had a daughter and a wife.the guy didn't choose any of it.He had a decent life Sure,he was just cleaning guy.From protagonist's pov,a guy clark could empathise(funny giant kaiju) with that he failed to protect.

Bucky was also driven mad and killed people..Was he the villain?was cap wrong in protecting him?

Parasite's actions as he jumped in absorbed the nuclear energy and Clark's own altruism reached over xenophobia/fear- the villain.That paved way for the three alien visitors to actually have a life here.Ofcourse,lobo said "eff this joint".
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supes vs Lobo was more satisfying than Supes vs Parasite in my opinion.
    I supoose i would have loved to see a kaiju fight with superman..But,a godzilla type monster just has baggage.All things considered this was better ending
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-06-2023 at 12:30 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

When you provide a take that doesn't disagree but also doesn't entirely fit their own and they proceed to throw their buzzwords at you to try to make it look like you're the problem. Fun stuff. Ditto.
    I mean, your take is part of the problem. It's not really different than the "moderates" MLK talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Are we talking about the man of tomorrow animated movie where parasite becomes godzilla?

The movie was tragic. the guy had a daughter and a wife.He had a decent life Sure,he was just cleaning guy.

Bucky was also driven mad and killed people..Was he the villain?was cap wrong in protecting him?

Parasite's actions as he jumped in absorbed the nuclear energy and Clark's own altruism reached over xenophobia/fear- the villain.That paved way for the three alien visitors to actually have a life here.Ofcourse,lobo said "eff this joint".

I supoose i would have loved to see a kaiju fight with superman..But,a godzilla type monster just has baggage.All things considered this was better ending
    Parasite would be considered an antagonist instead of a villian.