Page 121 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 7324

Thread: DCU Movies

This will be very interesting to see play out.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Parasite would be considered an antagonist instead of a villian.
    An antagonist is "villain" with substance,layers and nuance.when a "hero" and "villain" becomes multi dimensional they become protagonists and antagonists.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Are we talking about the man of tomorrow animated movie where parasite becomes godzilla?

The movie was tragic. the guy had a daughter and a wife.the guy didn't choose any of it.He had a decent life Sure,he was just cleaning guy.From protagonist's pov,a guy clark could empathise(funny giant kaiju) with that he failed to protect.

Bucky was also driven mad and killed people..Was he the villain?was cap wrong in protecting him?

Parasite's actions as he jumped in absorbed the nuclear energy and Clark's own altruism reached over xenophobia/fear- the villain.That paved way for the three alien visitors to actually have a life here.Ofcourse,lobo said "eff this joint".
    I get he had a family but, again, it didn't seem like there was much self-reflection or care on his part when he went out of his way to absorb people or kill them while enjoying it like a proper Supervillain. People had legitimate reasons for being afraid of him. It made Clark defending him feel hollow.

We don't even know if Clark really got through to him because he probably would have gone after the nuclear energy anyways.
    I supoose i would have loved to see a kaiju fight with superman..But,a godzilla type monster just has baggage.All things considered this was better ending
    For me if you're going to do a Kaiju fight, you should make it dynamic and memorable and give it a good ending. I don't think MoT did that.
    Apparently he's worked on games before (Lollipop Chainsaw) so he's not a neophyte when it comes to game development, but I question the need for this.

And will they be able to pump up these movie tie-in games in consistent quality and releases? Is our barometer the Arkham games or the League of Super-Pets?

How busy are these actors going to be to be (supposedly) Having to provide appearances in movies while doing voicework in games and possibly cartoons?

Maybe they're trying to make the DCU more like how Disney is handling Star Wars where every piece is some form of canon but I question the need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    An antagonist is "villain" with substance,layers and nuance.when a "hero" and "villain" becomes multi dimensional they become protagonists and antagonists.
    Those aren't moral terms. In writing class a protagonist is just the character you follow while the antagonist is just the opposing force for the protagonist.

So you could do a story where the Joker has to outwit Jim Gordon and the cops. In that case the Joker is the protagonist if you tell it through his POV.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2023 at 01:39 PM.

Those aren't moral terms. In writing classes a protagonist is just the character you follow while the antagonist is just the opposing force for the protagonist.
    Parasite was straight up killing people and he seemed to enjoy trying to kill Supes and Martian Manhunter if I remember right. I feel like he was more than just an "antagonist."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Parasite was straight up killing people and he seemed to enjoy trying to kill Supes and Martian Manhunter if I remember right. I feel like he was more than just an "antagonist."
    I know but I'm just clarifying something for the other poster. I haven't seen the film so I'm just speaking generally.

That was a concept used in the Agents of SHADE comic, it’s not for the new show.

Astonishing Member

You could fix that in an adaptation.
    I'm just saying there's little that's interesting or consistent enough about the character to adapt. He was one of the crappiest alt-Supermen so I wonder how many people that say they want this even read that comic. He was probably the worst character in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I mean, your take is part of the problem. It's not really different than the "moderates" MLK talked about.
    Oh you're part of that crowd. Forget I said anything. This was useless to even be acknowledged.

President Superman is by far the superior alt-black Superman. Well, him or Sunshine Superman, but I'm easily siding with Super-Obama.

I'd happily take a movie about Calvin Ellis. Dude has a pretty interesting life, and it looks nothing like Clark's. Val-Zod is....fine. But he doesn't seem like much of a character (I blame the Earth-2 book going sideways). The idea of a pacifist Superman is interesting, but not enough to justify a movie ticket. Got no issue with Val showing up now and then, but I feel like he'd need some quality effort to snag my attention. Wish his fans the best of luck in seeing his profile increase but I dunno why anyone would want him when Calvin is on the table, not to mention all the main earth Supers like Conner, John, Nat, Kara, Karen, Clark himself, etc.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Considering King’s involvement and the fact he was co-writing the New Gods movie, I wonder if the New Gods will play a role in the first chapter.
    It is called Gods and Monsters after all…
    Maybe but it would also make sense for Gods to refer to superheroes and Monsters to supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm just saying there's little that's interesting or consistent enough about the character to adapt. He was one of the crappiest alt-Supermen so I wonder how many people that say they want this even read that comic. He was probably the worst character in it.
    I like the concept and more has been done with less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    President Superman is by far the superior alt-black Superman. Well, him or Sunshine Superman, but I'm easily siding with Super-Obama.

I'd happily take a movie about Calvin Ellis. Dude has a pretty interesting life, and it looks nothing like Clark's. Val-Zod is....fine. But he doesn't seem like much of a character (I blame the Earth-2 book going sideways). The idea of a pacifist Superman is interesting, but not enough to justify a movie ticket. Got no issue with Val showing up now and then, but I feel like he'd need some quality effort to snag my attention. Wish his fans the best of luck in seeing his profile increase but I dunno why anyone would want him when Calvin is on the table, not to mention all the main earth Supers like Conner, John, Nat, Kara, Karen, Clark himself, etc.
    I wasn't choosing one over the other.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2023 at 07:32 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get he had a family but, again, it didn't seem like there was much self-reflection or care on his part when he went out of his way to absorb people or kill them while enjoying it like a proper Supervillain. People had legitimate reasons for being afraid of him. It made Clark defending him feel hollow.

We don't even know if Clark really got through to him because he probably would have gone after the nuclear energy anyways.
    There was nothing left of him to self reflect..Just like there is barely any control bucky had.what?i saw no enjoyment.The guy was in pain,hunger..etc.

Even if that is true that parasite would have jumped in to absorb.There is no element of choice there ,just like his predicament in entirety.So him being a "villain" would be wrong..He is more like a tragic monster created by people.

If that's not true the whole thing is just "bottom feeder" stereotype where blue collar guys are treated as parasites of the society.That would be yeesh!

Also, it's same reason the whole superman is superman cause ma,pa,space ma and pa crap is ****.These guys make a tool out effing superman.

It was pretty memorable for me..It just was'nt goldenage superman vs artic giant kinda fight.
    Those aren't moral terms. In writing class a protagonist is just the character you follow while the antagonist is just the opposing force for the protagonist.

So you could do a story where the Joker has to outwit Jim Gordon and the cops. In that case the Joker is the protagonist if you tell it through his POV.
    You mean protagonist and antagonist.True.they aren't.
    But from my perspective reading american comics,It's just villains and heroes aren't about morality either.From what i understood it's about pop culture Zeitgeist,popularity...etc.More over an antagonist or evena protagonist does certain disagreeable things to much of the audience.A villain is all about doing just that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-07-2023 at 03:33 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"