Page 136 of 500 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 7491

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I never thought I’d see the day that a Disney made Marvel movie would go Rotten.

It’s apparently estimated to open with $280 globally and could end up with $600-700 million total since it really doesn’t have any major competition for a while.

I think they can ride that Avengers goodwill for a long time despite having some mediocre films lately. Marvel is still one of the most beloved and trusted entertainment brands in the world. They have Guardians 3 and Into the Spider-verse (with Sony) coming up so they’ll be fine.

The only way I can see the brand really take a major hit is if they totally screw up the X Men, which I don’t think they’ll do.
    I don't know people really hate 'political stuff' these days and X-Men haa that in spades.

They don't really seem to mind "political stuff" in entertaining movies. The Black Panther movies make colonizer jokes every five seconds and people love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I don't know people really hate 'political stuff' these days and X-Men haa that in spades.
    Do people actually hate "political stuff" or do we just give too much credence to terminally online complainers on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Do people actually hate "political stuff" or do we just give too much credence to terminally online complainers on social media.
    People hate "Politic Stuff" when it clashes with their politics other wise they don't care. Funny how that works lol

I say if you want to tell a story with a political message and it fits the characters and the story go for it and if you end up pissing some people off then you probably did a good job.

She looks like a crazy madwoman in love.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not.

Ant-Man solo movies have always been the weakest link of the MCU and Ant-Man 3 had a lot of production problems including most of the crew getting infected by a virus (not COVID) and the movie didn't offer much besides Johnathan Majors being awesome as Kang. Like, that's literally the only thing they talked about it. Early rumors suggested that Scott might have an ego after the events of EG but they don't really explore that.

MCU has a huge quantity over quality problems plus a growing problem of fan service at the expense of good story telling (see: Dr Strange 2).
    I think they were always more smaller scale than the weak links, especially in comparison to how people viewed the first few Thor movies, but it seems like their attempt to "go big" didn't really work out, unfortunately.

Incredible Member

Personally, I don't like to see ANY film project fail, simply because we may not like the actors in the film, or the plot/story, or who is behind the camera, whether they be director or producer. My enthusiasm for a film are for the stage hands, caterers, grippers, set designers, special effects artists, stunt people, etc. who are employed by the studios. They get the shaft as much as the people at the top, and that's sad.

As for ANTMAN 3, well, I seriously doubt that there will be a sequel after this latest outing anyway, considering that the Marvel films are a three-movie deal anyway. Still, I think the reviews are reflective of another issue: Marvel Films fatigue. That, coupled with this insistence in not headlining their bigger characters, well...we're tired. Simply put, Marvel has become the equivalent of any other overplayed genre, and people are too bored to overlook the flaws in the films they are producing now. Unfortunately, this might affect the performance of DC films. But, here's hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Personally, I don't like to see ANY film project fail, simply because we may not like the actors in the film, or the plot/story, or who is behind the camera, whether they be director or producer. My enthusiasm for a film are for the stage hands, caterers, grippers, set designers, special effects artists, stunt people, etc. who are employed by the studios. They get the shaft as much as the people at the top, and that's sad.

As for ANTMAN 3, well, I seriously doubt that there will be a sequel after this latest outing anyway, considering that the Marvel films are a three-movie deal anyway. Still, I think the reviews are reflective of another issue: Marvel Films fatigue. That, coupled with this insistence in not headlining their bigger characters, well...we're tired. Simply put, Marvel has become the equivalent of any other overplayed genre, and people are too bored to overlook the flaws in the films they are producing now. Unfortunately, this might affect the performance of DC films. But, here's hoping...
    Does Marvel need another break?

I'm seeing a lot of positivity in regards to DC film, even if, the company hasn't really shown anything to redeem itself from Black Adam's failure. It's disappointing that people only like DC now that they think the MCU is dying You should be able to enjoy things by itself.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of positivity in regards to DC film, even if, the company hasn't really shown anything to redeem itself from Black Adam's failure. It's disappointing that people only like DC now that they think the MCU is dying You should be able to enjoy things by itself.
    Sounds like this might be more of a "How I See it..." thing than a "How It Actually Is..." thing.

Because, to me?

People seem way more excited about Gunn correcting disinformation than anything that is actually solid as far as the films go.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sounds like this might be more of a "How I See it..." thing than a "How It Actually Is..." thing.

Because, to me?

People seem way more excited about Gunn correcting disinformation than anything that is actually solid as far as the films go.
    Yeah, I took a break from DC news for months because I knew the disinformation was going to be rampant. I thought Gunn clarified a lot of things, but apparently not enough
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    DC was wise not to put everything under one banner. so let say the Snyder DCEU goes down in flames. there is still Matt Reeves The Batman, Phoenix Joker, their small DC CW show that has a cult following.

MCU was all under one banner, if MCU is dying it means the entire Marvel is dying. The entire DC universe can not die because they have separate functioning parts that are not tied to each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Does Marvel need another break?
    I will say marvel should take a 7 year break and reboot again. recast Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor, Hulk and Black Widow.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    I will say marvel should take a 7 year break and reboot again. recast Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor, Hulk and Black Widow.
    Never Happen, Disney needs Revenue and their big plans for most of it originally was Marvel and Star Wars. Star Wars has already had to take a step back from theatrical movies due to how badly Rise of Skywalker damaged the brand. So it was decided Marvel would pick up the slack. Marvel did have a Hiatus from 2019 to 2021 because of the Pandemic and without a national crisis that never would of happened either. I'd like Marvel to simply go down to 2 movies a year and only 1 Disney plus show but even that's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Never Happen, Disney needs Revenue and their big plans for most of it originally was Marvel and Star Wars. Star Wars has already had to take a step back from theatrical movies due to how badly Rise of Skywalker damaged the brand. So it was decided Marvel would pick up the slack. Marvel did have a Hiatus from 2019 to 2021 because of the Pandemic and without a national crisis that never would of happened either. I'd like Marvel to simply go down to 2 movies a year and only 1 Disney plus show but even that's never going to happen.
    I don't think it was Rise of Skywalker, it was the lackluster performance of Solo and the negative reception to Last Jedi that caused Disney to change their approach to Star Wars.

Feige has recently talked about quantity over quality and the lackluster quality in some of their projects. Meanwhile, Iger is taking about more Marvel content. The compromise seems to be movies being released as they are, less tv shows but more episodes of what they do release, hence Daredevil getting 18 episodes. To me, 3 movies and two shows a year is fine.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Abrams JLD project is dead

Safe bet that applies to the Zatanna movie too. I expect Gunn will be using Swamp Thing to kick off the DC Magical side of things. DCU Constantine will probably appear there too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/