Page 137 of 499 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 7482

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Abrams JLD project is dead

Safe bet that applies to the Zatanna movie too. I expect Gunn will be using Swamp Thing to kick off the DC Magical side of things. DCU Constantine will probably appear there too.
    Sucks for Zatanna, she deserves solo content, but I'm kind of over the JLD.

I'd assume that everything that was in development and wasn't mentioned recently is dead.

Safe bet that applies to the Zatanna movie too. I expect Gunn will be using Swamp Thing to kick off the DC Magical side of things. DCU Constantine will probably appear there too.
    To think Scarlet Witch is more popular because Zatanna hasn't been on film shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    To think Scarlet Witch is more popular because Zatanna hasn't been on film shame.
    Well, Wanda has kind of been tarnished in the MCU.

Mighty Member

James Gunn Opens Up About ‘Superman: Legacy’

“He’s a big old galoot. He is a farm boy from Kansas who is very idealistic,” Gunn said during the DC Studios presentation . “His greatest weakness is that he’ll never kill anybody and doesn’t want to hurt a living soul. And I like that sort of innate goodness about Superman as his defining characteristic.”

The DC Studios co-head added that Superman: Legacy is not an adaptation of the popular DC Comics arc All-Star Superman, but takes inspiration from the Grant Morrison run. His movie adapts the parts of the comic book that see Superman balancing his strength with his morality.

James Gunn is writing Superman: Legacy and expected to direct the movie, according to recent reports. It is currently slated to hit theaters on July 11, 2025. The movie sees Superman balancing “his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing” and his “embodiment of truth, justice and the American way and kindness in a world that thinks of kindness as old fashioned.”

DC Studios is casting a new Kal-El for Superman: Legacy, as the DC Universe movie explores the early years of the Last Son of Krypton, around the time he first starts working at the Daily Planet in Metropolis. As such, Henry Cavill is not returning as the DC Comics hero.

I'm not judging any films until I actually see them especially after Black Adam which I thought would be decent but was way worse then I thought despite having a good cast and good cinematography. Terrible script and mediocre directing.

for Flashpoint I'm really just interested in the Batmen and Supergirl
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I think we might see some elements from “Whats so funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way”. Especially with The Authority being one of the upcoming projects.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think we might see some elements from “Whats so funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way”. Especially with The Authority being one of the upcoming projects.
    Yeah I think it could be inspired by that story more than All-Star Superman. I don't get why people think the latter will be the main inspiration just because Gunn tweeted about it.

I think they just need to be careful that they don't fall into the stereotypes of Superman that he's so "nice" that he's passive and ineffectual, and easily walked around by other characters (particularly Batman).

Even Reeves' Superman wasn't a pushover.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

With all the "is this the downfall of Marvel" talk....I just saw Ant Man 3....and it was still better than 90% of what the DCEU has given us so they arent down for the count yet.

Thats been the biggest waste of money for WB. He hasnt given them barely anything, he spends their money, they say "dont like it" and he gets a very easy paycheck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they just need to be careful that they don't fall into the stereotypes of Superman that he's so "nice" that he's passive and ineffectual, and easily walked around by other characters (particularly Batman).

Even Reeves' Superman wasn't a pushover.
    Yeah, I'm worried we're going to get "simple, naive farmboy" Superman, which is such a shallow rendition of the character. I agree with Morrison's take where he said that Superman isn't a pacifist, but a brawler. I always think of Superman as being like a Captain on Star Trek. He's an intelligent person with high ideals and ethics and he will avoid violence whenever he can, but when he has to fight, he's one tough son of a gun. He's got a temper. He's not this milquetoast Pollyanna. He's not a killer or a brute, but he's not to be screwed with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    With all the "is this the downfall of Marvel" talk....I just saw Ant Man 3....and it was still better than 90% of what the DCEU has given us so they arent down for the count yet.
    People say this every time a Marvel movie doesn't get a Fresh RT score or doesn't have a record-breaking opening weekend. It's odd.

what is JJ Abrams even doing at WB? His career seems to be over after the last Star Wars film and uh, its not really his fault.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

At least it's got to be better than Love and Thunder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, I'm worried we're going to get "simple, naive farmboy" Superman, which is such a shallow rendition of the character. I agree with Morrison's take where he said that Superman isn't a pacifist, but a brawler. I always think of Superman as being like a Captain on Star Trek. He's an intelligent person with high ideals and ethics and he will avoid violence whenever he can, but when he has to fight, he's one tough son of a gun. He's got a temper. He's not this milquetoast Pollyanna. He's not a killer or a brute, but he's not to be screwed with either.
    I feel like he's only a brawler when he absolutely has to be (like against Doomsday or Mongul), otherwise he's way too efficient and precise that I'd generally call him a brawler.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least it's got to be better than Love and Thunder.
    I loathed Love and Thunder. I liked this one, it was far from their best but still easily enjoyable.