Page 165 of 497 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Again, do you have an actual source for that or is this just you speculating? Because you haven’t offered any concrete proof and have just been making random statements.

Gunn himself has said that some characters are remaining. So, I’d find it very hard to believe that they’d ONLY keep Ezra Miller and nobody else…
    All anyone is doing here is speculating, including you. Unless you’ve got a source showing that Gadot is confirmed to be playing WW in the DCU? And no Gunn saying he didn’t fire her or that he’s not getting rid of everyone except the Suicide Squad doesn’t count. No, your belief that it “makes sense” to keep her or that’s she’s “too iconic” to get rid of doesn’t matter either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it really rotten though? I can't imagine it's that bad.

It will probably settle somewhere in the 50s.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think there’s a really good chance that Wonder Woman will be recast. They’re going to have a new Superman and Batman, Ezra is more trouble than he’s worth so The Flash will be recast, and Momoa is done with Aquaman after the Lost Kingdom. its better to start with a whole new Justice League.

Levi’s Shazam is definitely not going to be carried over now.

Besides Gunn’s Suicide Squad-verse and possibly Blue Beetle, he’s gonna have a pretty clean slate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All anyone is doing here is speculating, including you. Unless you’ve got a source showing that Gadot is confirmed to be playing WW in the DCU? And no Gunn saying he didn’t fire her or that he’s not getting rid of everyone except the Suicide Squad doesn’t count. No, your belief that it “makes sense” to keep her or that’s she’s “too iconic” to get rid of doesn’t matter either.

Or maybe the high 40's like eternals and ant-man 3.
    Who knows maybe lower.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-16-2023 at 04:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I said it’s looking that way. You’re phrasing it as fact. Maybe you should say “I think” in front of your statements to avoid confusion.

Also, if he’s already confirmed that (1) he’s not taking the path of recasting everyone except TSS, and (2) he’s already confirmed that Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck are 100% out, then that doesn’t leave many option left for the people he’s planning to have stick around. There’s only Jason, Gal, the Shazam family, and Ezra left. It has to be one of them. And tbh, it would look REALLY bad for the studio if they kept Ezra Miller but booted the rest.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-16-2023 at 04:04 PM.

Good lood DC can't catch a break.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I said it’s looking that way. You’re phrasing it as fact. Maybe you should say “I think” in front of your statements to avoid confusion.

Also, if he’s already confirmed that (1) he’s not taking the path of recasting everyone except TSS, and (2) he’s already confirmed that Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck are 100% out, then that doesn’t leave many option left for the people he’s planning to have stick around. There’s only Jason, Gal, the Shazam family, and Ezra left. It has to be one of them. And tbh, it would look REALLY bad for the studio if they kept Ezra Miller but booted the rest.
    I sincerely doubt Miller is sticking around. They were VERY noncommittal and diplomatic about Ezra's future because they have a movie to promote and that's it. I wouldn't trust much of Gunn's comments about any actors that have movies coming out. A few months ago, Gunn was acting like Affleck was all jazzed to direct a DC movie and now we know that was a load of BS.

I think some of Gunn's pet characters/actors and MAYBE Blue Beetle will stay, but there's no real reason to think Gunn is keeping anybody else.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I sincerely doubt Miller is sticking around. They were VERY noncommittal and diplomatic about Ezra's future because they have a movie to promote and that's it. I wouldn't trust much of Gunn's comments about any actors that have movies coming out. A few months ago, Gunn was acting like Affleck was all jazzed to direct a DC movie and now we know that was a load of BS.

I think some of Gunn's pet characters/actors and MAYBE Blue Beetle will stay, but there's no real reason to think Gunn is keeping anybody else.
    Well, we do know that he just recently met with Gadot and has recently announced that he and his team are trying to find more opportunities to use Wonder Woman. So, we’ll see if the Wonder Woman he’s taking about is Gal, I guess.

Plus, I guess if The Flash turns out as good as the studio obviously thinks it’ll be, it might be harder for them to justify moving on from Miller. That statement they released was non-committal but that works both ways: it doesn’t mean that they have to keep them but it’s also the studio not choosing to fire them in this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Good lood DC can't catch a break.
    if they made a better film this wouldn't have happened. I've seen some fo the clips and all the trailers and it didn't look great. Frankly I'm not loving how Shazam's been characterized by DC of late. People think that Captain Marvel/Shazam is just this goofy but if you go back to the original comics the show, and really old films he was never really depicted like that

I watched Black Adam on HBO and it wasn't a good film. It was well cast the costumes looked cool, the fight scenes were okay, but the story and the script was just terrible. I expected mediocrity but it was truly underwhelming. For Shazam 2 I'm just going to see it on streaming or a long plane ride.
    When that tanked I had no hope for this incarnation of the DCU.

Flashpoint will probably do okay because it's got Batman in it, but even he couldn't save the Justice League.

The movie to keep an eye on is Aquaman 2. The first Aquaman did amazing internationally and performed really well in China, netting $1B at the global box office.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    if they made a better film this wouldn't have happened. I've seen some fo the clips and all the trailers and it didn't look great. Frankly I'm not loving how Shazam's been characterized by DC of late. People think that Captain Marvel/Shazam is just this goofy but if you go back to the original comics the show, and really old films he was never really depicted like that

I watched Black Adam on HBO and it wasn't a good film. It was well cast the costumes looked cool, the fight scenes were okay, but the story and the script was just terrible. I expected mediocrity but it was truly underwhelming. For Shazam 2 I'm just going to see it on streaming or a long plane ride.
    When that tanked I had no hope for this incarnation of the DCU.

Flashpoint will probably do okay because it's got Batman in it, but even he couldn't save the Justice League.

The movie to keep an eye on is Aquaman 2. The first Aquaman did amazing internationally and performed really well in China, netting $1B at the global box office.
    Regarding Shazam you’re in luck with Waid’s upcoming series, he’s leaning more towards the older Captain Marvel take where Shazam has the Wisdom of Solomon and is a lot more serious and mature compared to the Levi incarnation or the Johns reboot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

So, I just got out of my screening and, call me crazy, I actually kind of dug it. Though, I GET why some critics don't like it. It treads a LOT of the same old plot points that several superhero films have tread before. Plot points that I'm pretty sure many critics are tired of seeing over and over again. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that superhero fatigue might be setting in.

The movie was also cringeworthy in the amount of cheese it had in several spots. However, it did have a lot of good moments, several of which had me smiling in the theater.

Also, what I said about the CGI earlier was dead on accurate.

And can I say, I think they did the humor in this film VERY well. In some of these CBMs, especially as of late, the humor just seems tacked on and out of place. Here, it seemed like it was organic and true to the characters.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-16-2023 at 11:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    James Gunn 100% confirms he’s directing Superman Legacy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesGunn...5Es1_&ref_url=
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    ...he’s talented and has a strong track record of making critical and successful movies based on comics. I’m all for him doing Superman...
    Likewise. And I couldn't be more psyched!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I much prefer the classic depiction of the character where Captain Marvel doesn't have a kid's mind (due to the wisdom of Solomon). I loved the "Monster Society of Evil" depiction where Captain Marvel was a warrior spirit and not some goofy character.
    I loved, loved, LOVED MSOE, but one thing that still rubs me the wrong way is how Billy and Marvel are essentially two separate people sharing the same body. That just never sat right with me. That said, the rest was spectacular.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I much prefer the classic depiction of the character where Captain Marvel doesn't have a kid's mind (due to the wisdom of Solomon). I loved the "Monster Society of Evil" depiction where Captain Marvel was a warrior spirit and not some goofy character.
    Ironic because that very topic is touched on in the movie.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Shazam! 2 was forgettable but good. The after credits scene that ties it to a recent flop makes it look even more of a relic of the past regime/dead universe than the film actually is.

I'm probably going to feel the same for the next DC releases.

WB/DC really needs The Flash to hit big at this point.