Page 166 of 500 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 7496

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    WB/DC really needs The Flash to hit big at this point.
    They have to have a team of people who full-time jobs are just watching Ezra Miller 24/7.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235355326/

The upcoming superhero movie The Flash has been done and locked for several months now as it awaits its June 16 release. It has many fans inside the studio, including new DC co-head James Gunn, who called it “probably one of the greatest superhero movies ever made.”

Now, it has a fan outside the studio walls: actor, superstar and cinema-saver Tom Cruise.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Cruise has seen the movie and loved it so much that he cold-called the movie’s director, Andy Muschietti, to rave about it.
    Thats some big praise there for the film. Also--

A conversation with Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav led to a private screening for Cruise at his Beverly Hills home.
    Cruise got to watch it at home send by the head of wb himself? Thats some hollywood power there!

Flash is probably going to do extremely well. Aquaman 2 however is going to flop hard unless the rumors about the test screenings are bunk. Looks like Gunn had a lucky break with the long gap between Aquaman 2 and Superman Legacy, only Joker 2 in between and that’s not really the same fare as the template cape flicks. Hopefully the gap gets people excited for DC’s reboot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Cruise got to watch it at home send by the head of wb himself? Thats some hollywood power there!
    The guy basically saved their industry, they at least owe him this much.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the post-credit scene makes me think that the chances of a full reboot are not really likely. Or at the very least would be very hard to rectify with the end of FOTG. And again, Gunn already confirmed that that wasn’t the route they were going anyway. Like, I get some people here really really want a full, wipe-the-slate-clean reboot. But we already had the guy in charge of the studio himself say that that is not what he’s planning.

Here’s the explanation of the post-credit scene for those who want to know:

https://collider.com/shazam-fury-of-...nes-explained/
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-17-2023 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think there’s a really good chance that Wonder Woman will be recast. They’re going to have a new Superman and Batman, Ezra is more trouble than he’s worth so The Flash will be recast, and Momoa is done with Aquaman after the Lost Kingdom. its better to start with a whole new Justice League.

Levi’s Shazam is definitely not going to be carried over now.

Besides Gunn’s Suicide Squad-verse and possibly Blue Beetle, he’s gonna have a pretty clean slate.
    Momoa is staying

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Momoa is staying
    Yeah the question is “in what role?” Already been said he wouldn’t play two roles so if he’s really been recruited for Lobo, Aquaman 2 is his final movie as Arthur. If Aquaman 2 gets similar reception as Shazam 2 that just makes it easier to end that incarnation of Aquaman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Yeah, the post-credit scene makes me think that the chances of a full reboot are not really likely. Or at the very least would be very hard to rectify with the end of FOTG. And again, Gunn already confirmed that that wasn’t the route they were going anyway. Like, I get some people here really really want a full, wipe-the-slate-clean reboot. But we already had the guy in charge of the studio himself say that that is not what he’s planning.

Shazam is about to be a big flop. I wouldn't really use anything in this about what will happen in the future. At this point, it's clear that the DCEU is straight up radioactive. It's been several flops in a row. You know it's bad when the only hits from the brand are coming from other continuities (The Batman and Joker).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Likewise. And I couldn't be more psyched!

I loved, loved, LOVED MSOE, but one thing that still rubs me the wrong way is how Billy and Marvel are essentially two separate people sharing the same body. That just never sat right with me. That said, the rest was spectacular.
    It bothered me, too, until the end reveal about Marvel being basically a version of Billy. My preference is just that Captain Marvel is an idealized adult version of Billy with greater wisdom and maturity, but still the same character underneath.

BANNED

According to Gunn, he had nothing to do with that scene and Sandberg said it was originally supposed to be members of the JSA but it fell through last minute.

Gunn says a lot of things. It's not a full reboot because he's keeping his own projects. He's not keeping anyone else. He's acting like he might because it's his job to promote these movies and he's not going to come out and say he's ignoring all of these movies unless he specifically had a hand in their creation. Sometimes corporate heads lie or mislead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Shazam is about to be a big flop. I wouldn't really use anything in this about what will happen in the future. At this point, it's clear that the DCEU is straight up radioactive. It's been several flops in a row. You know it's bad when the only hits from the brand are coming from other continuities (The Batman and Joker).
    Well, if The Flash ends up being as good as everyone says, then that kind of reverses that trend. That movie is pretty much a love letter to the DCEU. And I don’t know if we can write off everything that happens in this movie even if it’s expected to perform badly. This isn’t like Black Adam where they snuck in the Henry Cavill cameo last minute and it was still a battle between The Rock and James Gunn for control.

spoilers:
    The scene has two characters from a James Gunn DC project coming to recruit Levi’s Shazam at the behest of a character that we know Gunn is writing a show for.
    end of spoilers

So, at least at this moment (it may change later, who knows), it seems like Gunn has plans for Levi.

BANNED

Well, if The Flash ends up being as good as everyone says, then that kind of reverses that trend. That movie is pretty much a love letter to the DCEU. And I don’t know if we can write off everything that happens in this movie even if it’s expected to perform badly. This isn’t like Black Adam where they snuck in the Henry Cavill cameo last minute and it was still a battle between The Rock and James Gunn for control.

spoilers:
    The scene has two characters from a James Gunn DC project coming to recruit Levi’s Shazam at the behest of a character that we know Gunn is writing a show for.
    end of spoilers

So, at least at this moment (it may change later, who knows), it seems like Gunn has plans for Levi.
    I know what the scene is. Both Gunn and the director said it was filmed before Gunn was in charge and wasn't Gunn's idea. Shazam is, unfortunately, going to bomb. Gunn has no plans for it.

As for Flash, I've been following the production of that obsessively for years and I do believe it's going to be very good, but I doubt Miller will be kept. Ezra is more trouble than he's worth and that role can be recast. I think they're a very talented actor and I was once a defender of them, but grooming allegations are very hard to come back from.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 03-17-2023 at 08:51 PM.

We saw @ShazamMovie 2 Wednesday and it was epic! STAY TUNED TO THE VERY END!
    (Love ya @JamesGunn the after credits scene was *mwah!)

Thanks but that was done long before I came around. That’s all @ponysmasher
    https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

It was Hamada’s plan not Gunn’s. Guess this was meant to set up Shazam joining the League alongside Supergirl, Batgirl, WW, Keaton Batman, etc. Probably will end up as much of a dead end as Black Adam’s post credit scene.

Couldn't they removed that scene? It is just going to cause more confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Couldn't they removed that scene? It is just going to cause more confusion.
    Only if people actually go to Shazam 2 to see it. My guess is they left the door open to port Shazam over if FOTG did well… which it doesn’t look like it will. What’s one more end credit that goes nowhere for DC at this point?