Page 176 of 497 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member

Again, one actor being recast does not translate to reboot. The MCU has had multiple recastings.
    Daredevil and kingpin in the main mcu are enhanced or have powers(low level superhumans) like the comics.
    The netflix mcu versions are not.
    The current Daredevil and kingpin are different versions.

Daredevil: Born Again Will Reportedly Add a New Avenger to the MCU
    Will Daredevil: Born Again Include Karen Page?
    To date, Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio are the only Daredevil cast members confirmed to appear in Born Again, which is not a direct continuation of its Netflix predecessor.
    https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-born-a...-tiger-report/

Marvel Studios' upcoming Daredevil: Born Again is reportedly going to follow in the footsteps of the Netflix series with a TV-MA rating.
    Daredevil: Born Again, the upcoming soft-reboot of Netflix and Marvel's Daredevil series, will be going after the equivalent of television's R rating, according to an industry insider.
    https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-born-a...ng-report-mcu/

cbr Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Part-II/page575
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...art-II/page575

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Welp, the Rock sabotaged Shazam 2, looks like we can all agree its his fault and make a Shazam 3
    Zachary Levi Weighs In on Dwayne Johnson’s Nixing of ‘Black Adam’ Post-Credit Scene: ‘The Truth Shall Set You Free

So the Rock wouldn’t allow the JSA themselves to show up in Shazam to recruit Billy. Maybe Gunn tried to help them out by allowing them to use Harcourt and Economos as last minute replacements?

The Rock not wanting Black Adam to have anything to do with Shazam really screwed both franchises. In the words of the Joker “you get what you $&%ing deserve.”

Black Adam as the villain for the Shazam sequel could have been big (or at least much bigger than what we got). Then spin it off into a solo flick about his redemption. Instead he wanted to get the immediate spotlight and become the focal point of the DCU.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-21-2023 at 05:39 PM.

This isn't the kind of Shazam/Black Adam rivalry I was hoping to see...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This is funny. The DCEU literally can not go a movie without drama. Just wipe it clean. Hit reboot. And hope new slate of actors can gel better. To many people trying to grab for power.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    This is funny. The DCEU literally can not go a movie without drama. Just wipe it clean. Hit reboot. And hope new slate of actors can gel better. To many people trying to grab for power.
    Seriously. It’s why I shake my head in disbelief when people so adamantly argue against a reboot. This whole mess needs to be put out of its misery.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Daredevil and kingpin in the main mcu are enhanced or have powers(low level superhumans) like the comics.
    The netflix mcu versions are not.
    The current Daredevil and kingpin are different versions.
    What are you talking about?? Matt had all of his enhanced senses in the Netflix series. There was one scene where he literally could tell someone’s wound opened up because he could taste copper in the air. I also distinctly remember seeing his radar senses. I don’t understand the attempt at rewriting history.

If you seriously think that this isn’t at least in some way a continuation of the previous series, especially when the same stars are returning in the roles, I don’t know what to tell you. If they really wanted this to be different from the Netflix DD, they would have cast someone else to play Matt Murdock. Either way, this conversation is moot.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-21-2023 at 06:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Seriously. It’s why I shake my head in disbelief when people so adamantly argue against a reboot. This whole mess needs to be put out of its misery.
    It’s not arguing against a reboot. It’s just literally repeating what Gunn himself has been saying about what his plans are.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-21-2023 at 06:03 PM.

Somewhere out there Vin Diesel is smiling right now.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I honestly I'm not sure the Rock have boosted Shazam 2 that much. It makes at best $600M?

We're they going to hire a better writer for a better script and a better director while they were at it?

DC just needs Aquaman 2 and Flashpoint to do well
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I honestly I'm not sure the Rock have boosted Shazam 2 that much. It makes at best $600M?

We're they going to hire a better writer for a better script and a better director while they were at it?

DC just needs Aquaman 2 and Flashpoint to do well
    There’s a slightly better chance the movie would have been profitable rather than WB getting two DC movies that bombed and lost millions of dollars.

The Flash will probably make a ton of money but Aquaman 2 sounds like it’s going to be embarrassing.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-21-2023 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Robbie, Davis and the rest of the Suicide Squad characters have stayed out of the drama and have been in their own pocket universe so don't see the harm in keeping them around.

Ditto for the Blue Beetle cast though this seems to be the worst year for poor Jaime's film to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Robbie, Davis and the rest of the Suicide Squad characters have stayed out of the drama and have been in their own pocket universe so don't see the harm in keeping them around.

Ditto for the Blue Beetle cast though this seems to be the worst year for poor Jaime's film to come out.
    Sorry I should have clarified, I’m totally fine with the Suicide Squad section of the universe staying. I was more referring to the main Justice League heroes and their supporting characters. The stuff referred to as the “Snyder-verse”.

Extraordinary Member

What is bothersome to me is that people still have this irrational hatred toward Zack Snyder to the point where they vilify him and blame him and associate any faltering of DC films to him. To be clear, I'm not a Snyder-stan. I can take or leave a lot of his films. But the guy has not been a part of the DCEU since 2016, only coming back in 2021 to release his version of Justice League, a version which actually got much better critical reception than the version we did get in theaters. Even without Gunn, he wouldn't have a hand in the DCU's future, so like chill.

Also, regardless of whether you like Snyder's films or not; regardless of whether you thought some of the movies fumbled both under him and after he left; that's not really reflective of the actors in those roles. Actually, if Snyder did anything right, it would be most of his casting choices. Almost all of his choices to play the JL have been lauded over how much they fit their characters. It would be different if everyone hated those actors in their roles, but newsflash: they don't. People still do love Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Momoa as Aquaman and Levi as Shazam and Robbie as Harley Quinn (though, its notable that Snyder wasn't the one who cast those latter two). Like, so many people loved Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman to such an extent that there were industry rumblings of her getting a Best Actress nomination for the first movie when it came out. So, you can't really blame Gunn for seeing that and potentially wanting to tap into it. That's part of why he's opting for only a soft reboot, not a full one.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-22-2023 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Somewhere out there Vin Diesel is smiling right now.
    Fast and furious fans tried to warn us.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"