Page 2 of 497 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: DCU Movies

Incredible Member

I don't really care for Shazam 2 using original villains, but they're definitely easy on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Love how they put Rachel Zegler on the forefront. lol Hollywood is doing the same thing with her they did with Jennifer Lawrence a decade ago, trying to turn her into an overnight sensation by forcing her into a bunch of big productions simultaneously. Lawrence at least had the talent to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Love how they put Rachel Zegler on the forefront. lol Hollywood is doing the same thing with her they did with Jennifer Lawrence a decade ago, trying to turn her into an overnight sensation by forcing her into a bunch of big productions simultaneously. Lawrence at least had the talent to back it up.
    And she's not even playing an actual comic character...

Mighty Member

Look forward to a KC film. Easier said than done of course.
    What would you like in it?

Zach Snyder? Routh or Cavill supes? Keaton or Affleck bats? Tom Hardy Orion. Trans Harlequin joker daughter.
    Josh Brolin Gog. Other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    You can't do stories about versions that have been around for decades when they've barely been around a decade.
    I don't see why not. Novelists, filmmakers, and other storytellers have always given us characters with long backstories in standalone books/movies/what have you; in fact, that's the way it normally works. A skilled storyteller should be able to give us backstory and context efficiently and move on from there. Akira Kurosawa didn't make a separate movie about each samurai before he made Seven Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I still don't see how they can do Kingdom Come. They barely have a universe established. They're making the same mistake Snyder made with DKR. You can't do stories about versions that have been around for decades when they've barely been around a decade.
    Setup isn't the problem as these films and tv shows are very loose. They are their own comic run than an adaptation.

I didn't watch TDKR, I watched the next arc in Zack Snyder's run. Civil War and Age of Ultron had very little to do with their comic stories.

Even if James Gunn adapted it, it would be very different from the actual story.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-02-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Kingdom Come isn't happening anytime soon, if at all. Not every photo he tweets means its happening.

To reiterate:

Even if Kingdom Come were actually being planned as their big 10 year end cap, I very much doubt they'd be spoiling that already before the new regime has announced a single film. It'd be like if Marvel had announced they were adapting Infinity Gauntlet in 10 years before they'd even cast the lead for the first Iron Man movie.

Extraordinary Member

Update on a talk from the last dceu thread.
    Here some talk about RT audinece score vs cinemascore and other websites.

Original AnalysisIt’s time to ignore the Rotten Tomatoes Verified Audience Score (self.boxoffice)

[–]Significant-Chart-24 45 points 27 days ago quote-
    Unfortunately, any release with minimal controversy or that is part of some kind of online war tends to have unreliable ratings on this type of site. In some comic groups I'm in, people were trying hard to pretend that Black Adam was a success to discredit professional critics for giving good ratings to things like she hulk and other media they considered woke. Of course these people are very few and don't have the power to change the box office at the end of the day but their online presence is very strong.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...toes_verified/

and
    CinemaScore, Rotten Tomatoes, and movie audience scores, explained
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/8/1...etacritic-imdb
    Last edited by mace11; 12-03-2022 at 12:01 PM.

New Blue Beetle poster.

#BlueBeetle - only in theaters August 18.

New Blue Beetle poster.

Isn't this the first poster? It's a cool one anyway.

New Blue Beetle poster.

Looks pretty cool. It has a Transformers vibe which I guess works for an alien tech suit scarab.

So they’re still sticking with the plan to have 4 movies come out in 2023 and only 1 in 2024.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-03-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Looks pretty cool. It has a Transformers vibe which I guess works for an alien tech suit scarab.

So they’re still sticking with the plan to have 4 movies come out in 2023 and only 1 in 2024.
    They’re not greenlighting anything new until after Zaslav has given the thumbs up for Gunn and Safran’s plan.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

New Blue Beetle poster.

That looks amazing !