Page 218 of 499 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 7482

Thread: DCU Movies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently Snyder revealed recently that he wanted DCEU Kara to be the founder of the Amazons Nowhere to go but up from that.

I expect both Wondy and Flash won’t be getting movies for a while because Gunn wants to put distance between the DCEU incarnations and whoever comes next, but we will get Wonder Woman and Flash cartoons in the meantime. We already know he’s getting an animated WW show up and running, a Flash cartoon makes just as much sense.
    I hope that's not the case. We get overlapping Batmen (not that I don't like Batman), but Green Lantern gets one movie over a decade ago and is only now being brought back (as a streaming show, ugh), Flash finally gets a movie only to have it derailed by the star being a crazy person, and Wonder Woman gets one good movie before getting benched.

I'm all for using lesser known or more obscure properties, but it's hard for me to get too excited for the new DCU if most of the main League (including some of my favorites) aren't going to be involved and it's going to basically be the zillionth reboots of Superman and Batman mixed with a bunch of d-list characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Who said that? Mr. Gunn himself said so when I met him for drinks last week.
    Your lack of actual information said it.

/conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Your lack of actual information said it.

/conversation.
    No, he did. For real. Mr. Gunn's a cool dude once he gets a few drinks in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I hope that's not the case. We get overlapping Batmen (not that I don't like Batman), but Green Lantern gets one movie over a decade ago and is only now being brought back (as a streaming show, ugh), Flash finally gets a movie only to have it derailed by the star being a crazy person, and Wonder Woman gets one good movie before getting benched.

I'm all for using lesser known or more obscure properties, but it's hard for me to get too excited for the new DCU if most of the main League (including some of my favorites) aren't going to be involved and it's going to basically be the zillionth reboots of Superman and Batman mixed with a bunch of d-list characters.
    That's been something I've been worried about since Gunn took over.

I mean, I feel like some of it is out of his hands...like Flash with Ezra and how well it will do, Aquaman looking like it might be very divisive and Mamoa's own reservations, it might make it difficult to immediately follow it up with new versions.

Astonishing Member

According to a Deadline reporter a casting announcement for Superman won’t be potentially reached until July.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's been something I've been worried about since Gunn took over.

I mean, I feel like some of it is out of his hands...like Flash with Ezra and how well it will do, Aquaman looking like it might be very divisive and Mamoa's own reservations, it might make it difficult to immediately follow it up with new versions.
    I feel like, with Flash at least, they can just do a soft reboot/recast and keep going, especially since it's a new continuity so they aren't really beholden to much from Miller's version. I feel like they can just do that kind of Keaton to Kilmer style quasi-sequel with Flash. Unless the movie bombs and they just drop the character for the foreseeable future.

I think you can get away with Aquaman being absent for a while, but its just very hard for me to imagine a DCU without WW and some version of Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    According to a Deadline reporter a casting announcement for Superman won’t be potentially reached until July.

Just in time for SDCC.

I feel like, with Flash at least, they can just do a soft reboot/recast and keep going, especially since it's a new continuity so they aren't really beholden to much from Miller's version. I feel like they can just do that kind of Keaton to Kilmer style quasi-sequel with Flash. Unless the movie bombs and they just drop the character for the foreseeable future.

I think you can get away with Aquaman being absent for a while, but its just very hard for me to imagine a DCU without WW and some version of Flash.
    Not having Aquaman ain't quite a bright idea, especially since he has the best Box Office in the DCEU, WB have been quite stupid in not exploiting the success his movie generated. Had it been a Marvel movie they would have milked it till the last cent they could get out of it. If the second movie does well, it will be twice stupid.

Not that I would be surprised, from WB I expect everything, if they gonna focus on lesser known characters, seems they haven't learned their lesson from Shazam. Before focusing on lesser known characters, first you put your major ones on sound footing than try and push the lesser known.

Well they started pre-production in 2019 and then the pandemic took a bat to everyone’s plans. The original release date was 2022 (probably would have been 2021 if not for COVID) and then got pushed back because of all the WB craziness.

They did do an Aquaman animated series though.

I don’t know if Aquaman would be nearly as marketable without Momoa.

Wonder how the upcoming WGA strike is going to affect things.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    ..Gadot is 37 and there's no Wonder Woman project in the near future except prequel about Amazons when she wasn't even born, also she was a part of Shazam 2, which bombed tremendeously hard...
    I'm not gonna try and re-litigate your other assertions, but...why did you feel the need to only point out Gal Gadot's age and not any of the others when most of them are in fact older than her and we had Robert Downey Jr. playing Iron Man into his 50s?? Like...Jesus Christ on a cracker, dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Not having Aquaman ain't quite a bright idea, especially since he has the best Box Office in the DCEU, WB have been quite stupid in not exploiting the success his movie generated. Had it been a Marvel movie they would have milked it till the last cent they could get out of it. If the second movie does well, it will be twice stupid.

Not that I would be surprised, from WB I expect everything, if they gonna focus on lesser known characters, seems they haven't learned their lesson from Shazam. Before focusing on lesser known characters, first you put your major ones on sound footing than try and push the lesser known.
    I would normally agree, except it's sounding more and more like this is Momoa's last go as Aquaman and I feel like it would be jarring to reboot so soon when Momoa's Arthur is so well liked and ingrained in the minds of the general audience. I feel like Miller as Flash isn't as popular a casting and even if the new Flash movie is a hit, people will be way more accepting of a recast/reboot there.

Gadot's Wonder Woman was also successful, but I feel like Aquaman's presence in the DCU isn't absolutely necessary in the way Diana's is. And I say this as somebody that really likes Arthur.

The most successful Justice League adaptation replaced him with Hawkgirl. I like Aquaman a lot, but I don't think you necessarily need to have a new Aquaman movie right out the gate. I also haven't ruled out the possibility of there being something in the works for Wonder Woman and Aquaman that they just haven't announced yet so as not to undercut the remaining projects featuring the previous iterations of those characters (since Gadot's Wonder Woman still had Shazam 2 and Flash coming up at the time of the initial slate reveal).

I would normally agree, except it's sounding more and more like this is Momoa's last go as Aquaman and I feel like it would be jarring to reboot so soon when Momoa's Arthur is so well liked and ingrained in the minds of the general audience. I feel like Miller as Flash isn't as popular a casting and even if the new Flash movie is a hit, people will be way more accepting of a recast/reboot there.

Gadot's Wonder Woman was also successful, but I feel like Aquaman's presence in the DCU isn't absolutely necessary in the way Diana's is. And I say this as somebody that really likes Arthur.
    I think Gunn wants conic accurate character Blonde Aquaman, Clay Made Wonder Woman etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The most successful Justice League adaptation replaced him with Hawkgirl. I like Aquaman a lot, but I don't think you necessarily need to have a new Aquaman movie right out the gate. I also haven't ruled out the possibility of there being something in the works for Wonder Woman and Aquaman that they just haven't announced yet so as not to undercut the remaining projects featuring the previous iterations of those characters (since Gadot's Wonder Woman still had Shazam 2 and Flash coming up at the time of the initial slate reveal).
    I think we're in a much more different cultural space with Aquaman than we were back when the DCAU adapted the League that I think is a factor to consider.

But I do think they're probably scrambling to figure out their Wonder Woman plans...or at least I hope they are.