Page 228 of 504 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 7552

Thread: DCU Movies

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash is getting shown at a bunch of fan screenings around the world since May 1st (starting with Italy and Norway). Next week, there'll be some fan screenings in the US, you can check if there's one in your area in this thread: https://twitter.com/heroesunbound/st...62578665697286 or here: https://1iota.com/show/1546/the-flash---screening

They are showing the same cut as Cinemacon with a disclaimer of it not being the final version of the movie, so: unfinished VFX, missing after-credits scene (assuming there'll be one in the new version of the film). Doubt they are hiding the full ending spoilers:
    and the "different" Bruce Wayne of the new epilogue will be fully revealed in the final film instead of being only a voice and off-screen presence like in the current screenings.
    end of spoilers It would be a weird and unusual move after showing the film also to the press.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash is getting shown at a bunch of fan screenings around the world since May 1st (starting with Italy and Norway). Next week, there'll be some fan screenings in the US, you can check if there's one in your area in this thread: https://twitter.com/heroesunbound/st...62578665697286 or here: https://1iota.com/show/1546/the-flash---screening

They are showing the same cut as Cinemacon with a disclaimer of it not being the final version of the movie, so: unfinished VFX, missing after-credits scene (assuming there'll be one in the new version of the film). Doubt they are hiding the full ending spoilers:
    and the "different" Bruce Wayne of the new epilogue will be fully revealed in the final film instead of being only a voice and off-screen presence like in the current screenings.
    end of spoilers It would be a weird and unusual move after showing the film also to the press.

Yeah, everything I've heard is that the highlighted spoiler thing is just an uncredited offscreen voice. Although the initial reports were that the voice was somebody famous.

Anyone shared whether the rumor that spoilers:
    Calle and Keaton don’t show up in the ending anymore
    end of spoilers is true?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    end of spoilers is true?
    That's true by all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That's true by all accounts.
    Tough break for Calle then, guess Supergirl will be recast. Ironic in a way, she was meant to be Cavill’s replacement and now is sharing his ultimate fate.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Tough break for Calle then, guess Supergirl will be recast. Ironic in a way, she was meant to be Cavill’s replacement and now is sharing his ultimate fate.
    It's pretty ambiguous, from my understanding. It leaves their options for the future pretty open, so she's not necessarily done. I imagine she will be done after this, but my understanding is that there's no indication either way.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

For what's it worth, Stephen King enjoyed the FLASH movie.

https://www.cbr.com/the-flash-stephen-king-review/

Astonishing Member

Apparently, they showed The Flash in Cannes. I hope reception is better, than Indiana Jones, because that was really heartbreaking.
    I think if there's enough praise and huge acclaim, Gunn will keep her in the role. I've seen some people who watched the movie on screenings, and they all said, that Calle was one of the best parts of this movie.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 05-19-2023 at 08:51 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

end of spoilers is true?
    The new epilogue is what I described the past month, they showed it at one test screening, Cinemacon, and in these recent fan screenings. For what it matters, I can assure it's true. spoilers:
    The coda of the ending with Sasha and Keaton was removed and replaced with Barry calling Bruce Wayne with his phone, and end up realizing the dude ain't Affleck or Keaton anymore. A minor part that was shoot with Keaton for the end is left in the film but without Keaton being visible, to give the idea that Bruce is there coming when Barry is at the phone out the courthouse. Despite an actual actor isn't shown, if the different voice wasn't enough, Barry's words make 100% clear to the audience that this Bruce Wayne isn't Affleck or Keaton.

There is this split I mentioned about who that Bruce Wayne is supposed to be, because it sounded like Clooney's to some while others didn't recognize the voice (expect it'll become an online debate after June's release lmao). Even if it's really Clooney that did the voice work, I don't think it matters in-story if his face isn't on-screen and people can't be really completely sure who is talking.

On this subject, early this month, the film was shown in original language without subtitles in few fan screenings in Europe where American movies get dubbed and thus there isn't much familiarity with the original actors' voices (one person I talked about it thought he heard Affleck's at the end, lol). No Clooney dispute over there from what I heard, there was a more unanimous consensus that the guy isn't a specific Batman (no face/body, voice isn't familiar at all) and could possibly represent Gunn's new Batman and Barry being in the new universe if they'd decide so. I get that Clooney/not-Clooney shit could sound confusing.

In the universe/timeline Barry Allen is at the end, Iris and Henry Allen are the same familiar faces to Barry, but Bruce Wayne is acknowledged (via voice and Barry's words/reaction) as being different. There aren't appearances of other heroes in the epilogue, no Supergirl popping out or being mentioned. What's going on or where are the other characters/actors isn't addressed in the ending they are showing. Without specifics, it can be any universe/timeline.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-19-2023 at 09:47 AM.

This is so insane .

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Apparently, they showed The Flash in Cannes. I hope reception is better, than Indiana Jones, because that was really heartbreaking.

I think if there's enough praise and huge acclaim, Gunn will keep her in the role. I've seen some people who watched the movie on screenings, and they all said, that Calle was one of the best parts of this movie.
    If he’s cut her scene then I think he’s made his call. She’s too connected to the Cavill incarnation of the character, and also her age might be a factor. She’s 27, and THR is claiming that 31 might be too old for Lois. Now that Kara isn’t going to be taking Kal’s spot, and Kal himself is going to be young, she might be too old for the role Gunn envisions for Kara in the DCU.

The new epilogue is what I described the past month, they showed it at one test screening, Cinemacon, and in these recent fan screenings. For what it matters, I can assure it's true. spoilers:
    The coda of the ending with Sasha and Keaton was removed and replaced with Barry calling Bruce Wayne with his phone, and end up realizing the dude ain't Affleck or Keaton anymore. A minor part that was shoot with Keaton for the end is left in the film but without Keaton being visible, to give the idea that Bruce is there coming when Barry is at the phone out the courthouse. Despite an actual actor isn't shown, if the different voice wasn't enough, Barry's words make 100% clear to the audience that this Bruce Wayne isn't Affleck or Keaton.

There is this split I mentioned about who that Bruce Wayne is supposed to be, because it sounded like Clooney's to some while others didn't recognize the voice (expect it'll become an online debate after June's release lmao). Even if it's really Clooney that did the voice work, I don't think it matters in-story if his face isn't on-screen and people can't be really completely sure who is talking.

On this subject, early this month, the film was shown in original language without subtitles in few fan screenings in Europe where American movies get dubbed and thus there isn't much familiarity with the original actors' voices (one person I talked about it thought he heard Affleck's at the end, lol). No Clooney dispute over there from what I heard, there was a more unanimous consensus that the guy isn't a specific Batman (no face/body, voice isn't familiar at all) and could possibly represent Gunn's new Batman and Barry being in the new universe if they'd decide so. I get that Clooney/not-Clooney shit could sound confusing.

In the universe/timeline Barry Allen is at the end, Iris and Henry Allen are the same familiar faces to Barry, but Bruce Wayne is acknowledged (via voice and Barry's words/reaction) as being different. There aren't appearances of other heroes in the epilogue, no Supergirl popping out or being mentioned. What's going on or where are the other characters/actors isn't addressed in the ending they are showing. Without specifics, it can be any universe/timeline.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    now I’m kinda torn on how I would like the new/different Bruce Wayne situation to go. I think it would be fun if it’s Clooney as it would end the movie on even more mutilverse timeline screwiness. This is my preference. I’ve said it before but I’m calling this the Twilight Zone ending. Classic Twilight Zone episodes end with a crazy twist but they’re self contained stories that don’t need to be connected to some extended universe. He gets his dad back, has Iris, and his work friends but Batman is different. What does he do? It’s up to our imagination.

If the voice is ambiguous and it’s hinted that it’s Gunn’s new Batman then I’m sure a lot of people will be happy to see that this movie does actually show the true start of Gunn’s reboot. Though I don’t think it would work to have the same Flash in the new universe knowing what happened because wouldn’t Flash be trying to fix the timeline? He would probably be riddled with guilt since he erased the versions of the Justice League he knows.

He could end up being like Psycho Pirate. A lunatic in an asylum babbling about a forgotten timeline that only he remembers.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is so insane .
    It was always my concern that Gunn and Safran messing with the ending would shortchange the story resolutions for a few characters and come off as a bit anticlimactic. That's unfortunate, but if that voice over is who it's rumored to be, that's a fun Easter egg, especially since I am an unapologetic fan of that movie, no matter how dumb it is.

spoilers:
    I just need to know if the rumor that he gets arrested at the end by Clooney’s Batman is true
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    spoilers:
    I just need to know if the rumor that he gets arrested at the end by Clooney’s Batman is true
    end of spoilers
    That was a miscommunication from a leaker. Very much false.