Page 239 of 497 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So, spider-verse now out (with great reviews and some calling it the best film of the year!) and flash a few weeks. Will spider-verse getting loved help flash's box office or hurt it with both multiverse plots?
    Definitely hurt it. Spider-verse will have serious legs with all the amazing reviews and word of mouth. People will have a choice to watch (or re-watch) Spider-verse or watch something from a brand known for making terrible superhero movies starring an actor that the public rightfully hates.

I wish WB would have thought out this release date a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Definitely hurt it. Spider-verse will have serious legs with all the amazing reviews and word of mouth. People will have a choice to watch (or re-watch) Spider-verse or watch something from a brand known for making terrible superhero movies starring an actor that the public rightfully hates.

I wish WB would have thought out this release date a bit better.
    Also it being animated will probably draw in more families.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but Barry could've seen what's going on and just show up independently in my opinion without needing a direct ring from Alfred/Batman.
    Not really, because he was just going to work and wasn't aware of what was happening in Gotham. spoilers:
    Batman was chasing men of Carmine Falcone's son I think. And Alfred called for help the other JLers but they were all busy elsewhere (you can see Superman being in Guatemala in the trailer). Barry gets his Fox's Quicksilver style of intro action scene and arrives late at work because Barry is always late lol. From what I know, the Tony/Peter dynamic you are worried about is more between the 2 Barrys than between Barry and Bruce. The 2 Barrys are the co-stars, Batfleck is an extended cameo in the film (2 scenes), BatKeaton and Super-Sasha appear in the last hour of the film and they are supporting characters (and cannon fodder ) It's more focused on Barry than the comic or animated Flashpoint
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    This I'm honestly not confident on. I was squinting really hard at that moment and it didn't look like anyone specific. The suit was very similar but I honestly didn't recognize their face. There's some odd CGI in that part and a lot of stuff was happening very quickly so it was hard to tell. It just looked like a random guy to me. It might have been him, but it didn't seem like it.
    That cameo was taken so out of context like it was a CW-related homage, while it was really a Golden Age one.

James Wan talks about Aquaman 2:

You then ventured into superhero territory with 2018’s Aquaman, which, at $1.14 billion, is currently the highest-grossing DC movie of all time. How much adjusting have you had to do to December’s sequel, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, to fit DC’s reset by way of The Flash?

I’ve had to make adjustments all along the way. The DCU has been through lots of different versions, and one of the things that was challenging about this film was keeping track of what’s going on. Fortunately, the Aquaman universe is pretty far removed from the rest of the world. We’re going to many different underwater kingdoms that are not necessarily related to what’s happening with the other movies and characters, so we’re stand-alone in that respect. So I can just tell my story on its own without being affected too much, but at the same time, I have to be mindful of what’s been happening.

Do you have an idea of when you will finish post?

I hope to finish it up soon-ish. We have the DGA thing [contract negotiations] coming up next month, and so there’s just some stuff that we have to finish. It’s a big movie. It has a lot of visual effects and moving parts, but we’re moving in that direction, and I cannot wait for people to see it. I think people are going to be excited to see that this movie is quite different from the first movie in terms of tone. It’s a little bit more serious, and we’re dealing with issues like climate change. We’re not afraid to lean into that in a big way, because the Aquaman comic book, even way back when, has always been environmentally conscious. He’s always been someone who’s fought to keep the ocean clean, and it feels more relevant in the world that we’re living in today. So this movie has something to talk about, but it’s still a fun action-fantasy movie.

Full interview: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...aw-1235503363/

Tune in to see which Flashpoint reaction they filmed ends up in the final product!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    James Wan talks about Aquaman 2:

You then ventured into superhero territory with 2018’s Aquaman, which, at $1.14 billion, is currently the highest-grossing DC movie of all time. How much adjusting have you had to do to December’s sequel, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, to fit DC’s reset by way of The Flash?

I’ve had to make adjustments all along the way. The DCU has been through lots of different versions, and one of the things that was challenging about this film was keeping track of what’s going on. Fortunately, the Aquaman universe is pretty far removed from the rest of the world. We’re going to many different underwater kingdoms that are not necessarily related to what’s happening with the other movies and characters, so we’re stand-alone in that respect. So I can just tell my story on its own without being affected too much, but at the same time, I have to be mindful of what’s been happening.

Do you have an idea of when you will finish post?

I hope to finish it up soon-ish. We have the DGA thing [contract negotiations] coming up next month, and so there’s just some stuff that we have to finish. It’s a big movie. It has a lot of visual effects and moving parts, but we’re moving in that direction, and I cannot wait for people to see it. I think people are going to be excited to see that this movie is quite different from the first movie in terms of tone. It’s a little bit more serious, and we’re dealing with issues like climate change. We’re not afraid to lean into that in a big way, because the Aquaman comic book, even way back when, has always been environmentally conscious. He’s always been someone who’s fought to keep the ocean clean, and it feels more relevant in the world that we’re living in today. So this movie has something to talk about, but it’s still a fun action-fantasy movie.

Full interview: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...aw-1235503363/
    So now it's more serious, rather than more comedic?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Well that’s a bit reassuring. Not that I want a super grim dark movie but I hope they lean away from the buddy cop comedy that it was initially rumored to be.

Considering the reception from the test audiences and even WB themselves...

BANNED

Not really, because he was just going to work and wasn't aware of what was happening in Gotham. spoilers:
    Batman was chasing men of Carmine Falcone's son I think. And Alfred called for help the other JLers but they were all busy elsewhere (you can see Superman being in Guatemala in the trailer). Barry gets his Fox's Quicksilver style of intro action scene and arrives late at work because Barry is always late lol. From what I know, the Tony/Peter dynamic you are worried about is more between the 2 Barrys than between Barry and Bruce. The 2 Barrys are the co-stars, Batfleck is an extended cameo in the film (2 scenes), BatKeaton and Super-Sasha appear in the last hour of the film and they are supporting characters (and cannon fodder ) It's more focused on Barry than the comic or animated Flashpoint
    end of spoilers

That cameo was taken so out of context like it was a CW-related homage, while it was really a Golden Age one.
    Yeah, whoever the actor is, it's clearly not intended to be the CW version. It's pretty clear when you see him for a few reasons. It's a very cool moment, dodgy CGI notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tune in to see which Flashpoint reaction they filmed ends up in the final product!
    Gunn will force James Wan to reshoot again spoilers:
    the Batman cameo in Aquaman 2 but this time with George Clooney.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well that’s a bit reassuring. Not that I want a super grim dark movie but I hope they lean away from the buddy cop comedy that it was initially rumored to be.
    The comedic aspect comes mostly from Aquabro Jason Momoa, he is "funny" all the time even when the characters and situations around him aren't. Doubt Wan performed some editing magic in the last few months to make him serious.

I heard Momoa acts like he was cast as lead actor in a comedy, making jokes all the time even when the situation doesn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, whoever the actor is, it's clearly not intended to be the CW version. It's pretty clear when you see him for a few reasons. It's a very cool moment, dodgy CGI notwithstanding.
    I like they are acknowledging a live action equivalent of the different eras from the comics with those cameos spoilers:
    Golden Age: Geroge Reeves' Supes with Jay Garrick, Silver Age: Adam West, Bronze Age: Helen Slater with Chris Reeve...
    end of spoilers

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No surprise there. They can’t risk him saying or doing something stupid to drive people away even more. The Flash is tracking to open with similar numbers as Black Adam

Word of mouth should help it along but you can guarantee Spider-verse will have significant legs and really cut into The Flash’s box office. Then Indiana Jones two weeks later.

The Flash needs to make at least $500-600 million to be profitable (probably more with all the advertising). So it’s not looking good.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-03-2023 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah, that's to be expected under the circumstances.

BANNED

Honestly, I just think it's a generic CGI white dude in a similar costume. The actor (if there is one) doesn't really matter. We all know who it is and what world he's on.