Page 68 of 499 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 7480

Thread: DCU Movies

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do dread the prospect that Strange Adventures becomes people's go-to for Adam Strange.
    It's doubtful anybody cares about Adam Strange. Even in better days at DC, the much better Adam Strange Planet Heist by Andy Diggle and Pasquel Ferry and also an Infnite Crisis lead-in had terrible numbers. And King's Strange Adventures isn't even the worst interpretation. Man of Two Worlds had Sardath as a major league creep, Adam cheating on Alanna, her dying in childbirth and Adam with his new girlfriend on Rann with the implication that they'd raise his motherless daughter together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn with alt Barry’s neck they brought one of Liefeld’s drawings to life lol. God I hate both of the Flash designs, how is it so hard to make a good looking Flash costume?
    I can't get that image out of my head now.

It’s a bummer because I would have been incredibly excited for The Flash if not for Ezra Miller’s antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So is there like a completion between the movies and video games division on who can make a worse Flash costume?
    Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous. Barry’s Flash costume is a classic design. It’s the first “modern” superhero suit of the Silver Age.

I don’t understand DC media’s attempts to drastically change it. It doesn’t need freaking armor and a bunch of pointless lines. The lines should have gone away when the New 52 ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Who thought it'd be a good idea to have a film full of Barrys was....not thinking straight.
    Well, I can see their reasoning. Spider-Man has pulled it off, Parker and Barry are both built off Everyman archetypes, and this movie was originally supposed to be some kinda quasi-reboot time travel/multiverse thing right? So a team of Barry's....I can see why they'd think it'd work. Hell who knows, maybe it will. I got no interest in the movie at all, never did, but DC knocks out a winner here and there, occasionally when nobody is expecting one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I can see their reasoning. Spider-Man has pulled it off, Parker and Barry are both built off Everyman archetypes, and this movie was originally supposed to be some kinda quasi-reboot time travel/multiverse thing right? So a team of Barry's....I can see why they'd think it'd work. Hell who knows, maybe it will. I got no interest in the movie at all, never did, but DC knocks out a winner here and there, occasionally when nobody is expecting one.
    Spider-Man is an ENTIRELY different situation. It only worked because it was PAST actors who played Spider-Man from actual films. This is just Ezra playing Barry from another timeline that we dont even know to care about.

I'm just bummed there's apparently no Flash villains in the movie.

We can get Batman, Supergirl, two Barry's, but no Reverse-Flash, Captain Cold, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just bummed there's apparently no Flash villains in the movie.

We can get Batman, Supergirl, two Barry's, but no Reverse-Flash, Captain Cold, etc.
    Look on the bright side: it’s all getting rebooted anyway! Better to save those guys for the next Flash rather than waste them on this stillborn universe and Miller.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Just shows the cast/crew had no confidence in the Flash franchise and its characters and only made a Flash movie because WB told them to. Ditto for Shazam 2.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Too many men with terrible dated ideas about women, and too scared about a real female powerhouse involved in this '''new'' era of DC movies. The more i hear about it, the more i hte it. Let's hope the next WW is Yara, so they can treat her like trash instead of Diana, Poor Di has suffered enough.

Look on the bright side: it’s all getting rebooted anyway! Better to save those guys for the next Flash rather than waste them on this stillborn universe and Miller.
    The more likely scenario is that the movie flops hard and WB decide to shelve any potential Flash movie for the foreseeable future.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Just shows the cast/crew had no confidence in the Flash franchise and its characters and only made a Flash movie because WB told them to. Ditto for Shazam 2.
    They rejected Morrison's (and Miller's) script because they wanted a big multiversal story instead of just a Flash story.

Astonishing Member

Happy New Years:

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The more likely scenario is that the movie flops hard and WB decide to shelve any potential Flash movie for the foreseeable future.
    That’s possible but I still think they’d get another version of the Flash that will only appear in team-up/crossover movies. He won’t have a solo movie right out the gate, of course, but if the rebooted Flash proves popular enough, we can get another Flash movie in a relatively short amount of time.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-01-2023 at 02:53 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Happy New Years:
    Same to everyone else! And don't forget it's Public Domain Day too! The final Sherlock Holmes stories! Music by Fats Williams! The film Metropolis (again)!

That’s possible but I still think they’d get another version of the Flash that will only appear in team-up/crossover movies. He won’t have a solo movie right out the gate, of course, but if the rebooted Flash proves popular enough, we can get another Flash movie in a relatively short amount of time.
    This is my assumption as well. If Gunn avoids using any of the big names that've been damaged by bad films then he won't have any big names left other than Aquaman. They likely won't introduce a new Flash immediately, but it probably won't be all that long a wait either. And yeah, odds are they'll show up as guest stars first, to help distance them and differentiate them from the DCEU versions. But assuming the new era of films starts off well, it won't be a long wait before they introduce new versions of Barry, Diana, Bruce, etc.

I could see a DCU Flash film coming out within five years of Ezra's.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The final Batgirl costume.

Happy New Year !
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's doubtful anybody cares about Adam Strange. Even in better days at DC, the much better Adam Strange Planet Heist by Andy Diggle and Pasquel Ferry and also an Infnite Crisis lead-in had terrible numbers. And King's Strange Adventures isn't even the worst interpretation. Man of Two Worlds had Sardath as a major league creep, Adam cheating on Alanna, her dying in childbirth and Adam with his new girlfriend on Rann with the implication that they'd raise his motherless daughter together.
    Jeez, that does sound pretty bad.

One of my favorite Adam Strange stories is the Alan Moore one in Swamp Thing and the James Robinson one in Starman.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Too many men with terrible dated ideas about women, and too scared about a real female powerhouse involved in this '''new'' era of DC movies. The more i hear about it, the more i hte it. Let's hope the next WW is Yara, so they can treat her like trash instead of Diana, Poor Di has suffered enough.
    Where do you get that impression? Because Supergirl is in a supporting character in the Flash film?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I am worried that depending on the receptions to Flash and Aquaman's movies they might bench those characters in the new DCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The final Batgirl costume.

This isn't a half-bad suit (and I'm glad they gave her a proper costume instead of sticking with the Burnside look). Shame we won't get to see more of it...unless it would be legal to use it for another adaption ?