Page 86 of 497 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Sounds like he’s playing both Aquaman and Lobo moving forward.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Okay Gunn we are 20 days into January. Let's go with the announcement already 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Problem is that he already kinda looks and acts like Lobo when he's Aquaman. Wonder how much more he'd have to push it to play the Main Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah and Jackman will always be Wolverine but that doesn’t mean he will be MCU Wolverine. He wouldn’t say he was done with the role until after his big upcoming movie is out anyway. If Momoa and Gadot stay that’s fine with me, at this point I only care about Superman’s solo films. The shared universe will be a clusterfuck continuity wise and I’ll just stick to the characters I like rather than try to make sense of it.
    Is it? Because you seem to be working real hard to reach the conclusion that they're not.

Yeah and Jackman will always be Wolverine but that doesn’t mean he will be MCU Wolverine. He wouldn’t say he was done with the role until after his big upcoming movie is out anyway. If Momoa and Gadot stay that’s fine with me, at this point I only care about Superman’s solo films. The shared universe will be a clusterfuck continuity wise and I’ll just stick to the characters I like rather than try to make sense of it.
    Yeah I see it as more of a sentimental statement. Like Adam West will always be Batman, but that doesn’t mean he was the only person to play the character.

Plus I’m sure WB doesn’t want Momoa to downplay or look past Aquaman when they have a $200 million movie on the way.

I wonder if they’ll wait to announce him as Lobo until the Lost Kingdom is already out.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Is it? Because you seem to be working real hard to reach the conclusion that they're not.
    You’re the one who’s been coping nonstop every time info leaks that shows some areas of the DCU are getting rebooted. I’ve been consistent in saying the SS at the very least are probably getting ported over as they are. I’m at the point now where I don’t care, I’m interested in Superman, Suicide Squad and maybe JL depending on how that looks. If Gunn wants to half ass his reboot that’s his business, long as Supes, Battison, SS, and GL are good I’ll just ignore the continuity clusterfuck that may be coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

You’re the one who’s been coping nonstop every time info leaks that shows some areas of the DCU are getting rebooted. I’ve been consistent in saying the SS at the very least are probably getting ported over as they are. I’m at the point now where I don’t care, I’m interested in Superman, Suicide Squad and maybe JL depending on how that looks. If Gunn wants to half ass his reboot that’s his business, long as Supes, Battison, SS, and GL are good I’ll just ignore the continuity clusterfuck that may be coming.
    If by "coping," you mean waiting for actual evidence before making giant leaps in logic, then yes that's what I'm doing. Because we don't know. Mamoa's post does not really reference Lobo in the slightest, yet somehow people are jumping to the conclusion that he's playing Lobo? A speculation that's driven in main part by the simple fact that James Gunn shared a picture of Lobo on a message board at some point a few months ago without even tagging Mamoa or any other current DCU actor? And despite the fact that Mamoa just said he'd "always be Aquaman"?

Could it all be getting rebooted? Maybe. That is possible. But, is there really much evidence at this point to support the idea that it is? Not really. At least not at THIS point in time, especially in the context of some of Gunn's own social media posts.

I don't pretend to know what's going to happen. But it's just odd to me that you guys are seeing "proof" in things that don't necessarily support your conclusions and require at least some stretching.

Also, I'd say that this line..

Yeah and Jackman will always be Wolverine but that doesn’t mean he will be MCU Wolverine. He wouldn’t say he was done with the role until after his big upcoming movie is out anyway.
    ...in the face of THIS statement from the actor himself...

seems to me like stretching...
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-20-2023 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Dark Flash.....Looks like Tom Canavagh's Thawne's "Forever Negative Forces" suit from S8 oh The Flash has a new challenger for ugly suits
    The Flash Who Laughs

That'll be weird but you could always do a film where they meet up.

BANNED

I don't think it'll happen, he is aquaman for 1 more year and that's it, he's 43 but maybe they think he has a place with the younger actors while being covered in make up/cgi for Lobo.

Batman, superman, Wonder Woman, the green lanterns, martian manhunter, Green arrow and canary seem to be Gunns faves, he stated the 2000s cartoon was a fantastic justice league in the past so maybe that's where they're heading.

personally, I think The Batman will be pulled into the new DCU but his solo films will be stand alone with no crossovers.

blue beetle will get delayed IF DC studios think its a great movie, no way they waste it on a dead universe.

Shazam is done.

Black Adam Is done.
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 01-21-2023 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    If by "coping," you mean waiting for actual evidence before making giant leaps in logic, then yes that's what I'm doing. Because we don't know. Mamoa's post does not really reference Lobo in the slightest, yet somehow people are jumping to the conclusion that he's playing Lobo? A speculation that's driven in main part by the simple fact that James Gunn shared a picture of Lobo on a message board at some point a few months ago without even tagging Mamoa or any other current DCU actor? And despite the fact that Mamoa just said he'd "always be Aquaman"?

Could it all be getting rebooted? Maybe. That is possible. But, is there really much evidence at this point to support the idea that it is? Not really. At least not at THIS point in time, especially in the context of some of Gunn's own social media posts.

I don't pretend to know what's going to happen. But it's just odd to me that you guys are seeing "proof" in things that don't necessarily support your conclusions and require at least some stretching.

Also, I'd say that this line..

...in the face of THIS statement from the actor himself...

seems to me like stretching...
    He won’t say he’s done as Aquaman until Aquaman 2 is out, even if he is done. Sometimes actors have to lie as part of the marketing process. Saying he’s done as Aquaman might negatively impact Aquaman’s box office which would be a big no-no, especially right now with WBD scrapping by. Momoa already did just that for the original JL, talking about how great the experience was for him. And no the speculation about him being Lobo is because A. He’s said he loves the character and wants to play him, B. The Hollywood Reporter said he would stop being Arthur and switch to Lobo in their original report about Gunn’s plans which so far has proved true:
    Momoa, meanwhile, could emerge as a pivotal figure in the new plans, according to several sources. In one scenario, the actor would wrap up his days as underwater hero Arthur Curry with Lost City, due out Dec. 25, 2023, which would be the final movie released that was made by the previous regime. But it would not spell the end of the actor’s involvement with DC, with sources saying the actor would lead another movie or franchise. The character of Lobo, a foul-mouthed cigar-chomping intergalactic bounty hunter, has been mentioned in connection with Momoa.
    You’ve been adamantly insisting that there was never going to be a reboot no matter how much some people wanted it, first by claiming that Gunn and Safran would not reboot anything because it “didn’t make sense” and “people love these interpretations of the characters” only to be proven wrong with Superman getting completely rebooted, and WW3 being cancelled. At the very least the Trinity are getting a major shakeup. You haven’t even entertained the idea you might be wrong and even now you refuse to entertain the possibility that you’re wrong.

It’s going to be really funny if you are (again), because I’m sure you won’t even admit you were. If I’m wrong and Momoa is staying as Aquaman then so be it, I’ve decided not to care about the shared universe anymore. My cope is that I just want a good Superman movie, a good GL show/movie, and if the rest of the shared universe is a mess I’m past caring. Like I said, if Gunn wants to learn the lesson of the New 52 that’s his business, I’ll just stick to the characters I care about and not concern myself with the rest.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-21-2023 at 10:57 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The All-Star Superman story is one fast way to lead to Jon Kent or Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The All-Star Superman story is one fast way to lead to Jon Kent or Connor.
    I doubt Gunn is adapting that story specifically. When he posted that image of All-Star my assumption is he's just looking for good Superman material, to get an idea of how to play the characters/mythos and what kind of tones/themes resonate with readers and, hopefully, the larger general audience. And posting All-Star tells the fans that he's at least aware of what's on the Must-Read list.

If Gunn is actually adapting All-Star then that's a pretty mixed bag. On one hand, it's among the greatest Super stories ever told. On the other, it ends with Clark's death and starting a new DCU with the death of Superman would be a pretty awful way to kick it off, especially when BvS already did it.

Then again who knows? AT&T reportedly saw a lot of adaptation potential in Jon Kent and the other 5G/Future State characters, so maybe we'll see that opinion hold over with the new regime and Gunn's DCU will be built on the legacies. Which I'm not terribly interested in, but at least it'd potentially give us Nightwing and Wally-Flash immediately.

Week and a half left in the month, Gunn's gotta be dropping those announcements soon, and maybe then we'll have an idea of where things are pointed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

People, come on, they've already said they want a younger Superman. They aren't starting with a "last days of Superman" story that kills him at the start of the 'verse. Again.