Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-Terminators #3 Review *spoilers*

This is the only x-book out there this week, its enjoyable, the cheesecake is definitely great. Boom Boom and Jubes were definitely in the early Marvel Swimsuit 90s issues for a reason, I love how Boom Boom does a striptease but it was a ploy to throw her bombs at the vampire audience and Dazzler to light them up, it great, and that ending with the Collector was interesting as the vampires are working with Space entities. I warmed up to Laura characterization, it was shocking at first but got used to it, I mean its a humor book. I was hoping to see a confrontation of Jubilee and Xarus but its not there, so we still have 2 more issues.

BANNED

The Collector was a surprise, and nice to see that Williams remembered he previously had an interest in Laura.

It’s also from my absolute LEAST favorite Laura story, so thanks for pricking that raw wound, Leah!

Smart move getting the crowd roaring for Dazzler to use the sound to bust outta there!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It's OK as a mindless fun comicbook. A few bits actually made me giggle. But as the only X-book this week (at least in print) it left me a bit starved for mutant content - but thankfully we're going to have a veritable feast next week!

Goddam Collector!

Dropping this unfortunately. The jokes don't land for me and for it to be Dazz's first big showing in awhile I'm super disappointed. Not digging the characterization and how juvenile a lot of it feels. Hopefully the next time she pops up we can have fun and be taken seriously. The part of her vamping up the crowd was nice.

I couldn't finish it. The dialogue is some of the worst I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Dropping this unfortunately. The jokes don't land for me and for it to be Dazz's first big showing in awhile I'm super disappointed. Not digging the characterization and how juvenile a lot of it feels. Hopefully the next time she pops up we can have fun and be taken seriously. The part of her vamping up the crowd was nice.
    Yeah, that was the only part I liked. I'm stepping off the train too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hypothetically how many projectile based female heroes could launch said blasts from their chests....

They really ramped up the sexuality here. I knew it'd have fun, but the sex and fanservice is almost uncomfortably aggressive and out-there. I love that, tbh. It's nice to see something pushing boundaries and having a blast while doing it. I can see why people see it as juvenile, but I love how unrestrained it is.

Jubes is going a little overboard with the Boom-Boom drags, though. She's coming off less like a playful friend, and more like a brat. But I do dig this characterization for her; just this sassy, snarky kid. I always liked it when Jubilee was teenager-y.

Love the Collector, especially after he got his MCU-ish redesign. And I know people will probably care more about him interacting with Laura again, but the Collector himself is one of my favorite cosmic characters. Surprised that he'd want to get rid of redundancies, since you'd figure he'd just want anything and everything. But the Collector has been willing to trade, barter and steal, and the exact parameters of his collecting changes from story to story, so w/e.

Speaking of continuity, Laura and Jubilee's friendship was referenced. Laura was also more calm and focused than last issue, which I liked. And if we get some drama between her and the Collector, this could be her best story in a while.

And special shout-out to this surprisingly sexy vampire on the cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fun issue and seeing those 3 girls in their Halloween costumes wasn’t terrible either. Good stuff.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Just a fun, silly series. I'm enjoying their hi-jinks and hope we get a follow up once all is said and done. Boom Boom doing her best Aphrodite A impression was the scene I never knew I needed lol

Mighty Member

I haven’t picked any of it up. Just from the previews, it just seems too silly. Leah’s writing isn’t for me.

This book is just fun. I love the humor, dialogue, and art.. not to mention the boob jokes!

Tiddy-Tiddy-Boom-Boom.

I'm still having fun with it. The QC's reactions alone have been worth the price of admission. Squirm more, Charles!