Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

such a fun issue, I kinda wish these two go off and make some creator owned stuff similar to Stjepan Šejić

I mean the art is pure cheesecake goodness, which I didn't think we would ever really get again in the big two and the writing reminds me a lot of my high school days and how the girls would talk when boys weren't around.

Great book

This issue was over-the-top, obscene, lurid, explosive, violent, and overtly absurd at so many point...and I loved every minute of it.

Seriously, this series might be the most fun X-Book to come about in years. I wish it would last more than five issues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Unglaublich!

I don't really get the premise of this book...

Is it to hammer home the point that Tabby's really a bit of a nymph? Is it to emphasise that she's definitely not the scrawny, awkward teen introduced in Secret Wars II anymore?

Is it settle the debate over whether her or Dazz has the biggest chebs? Or to reinforce the fact that, no matter how much she may "grow up" in the books, Jubilee simply isn't an amply-endowed heroine?

Beyond these questions, I'm genuinely baffled as to where this book's heading! It's fun, but... where's it ultimately going??

Incredible Member

Best issue so far. Cannot believe people are complaining about the content, the series was advertised in the style of grindhouse and as soon as the series finally leans into it people start complaining about it being too much. No wonder Marvel hardly puts out any more adult stuff when if they do people start complaining.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post

Is it to hammer home the point that Tabby's really a bit of a nymph? Is it to emphasise that she's definitely not the scrawny, awkward teen introduced in Secret Wars II anymore?

Is it settle the debate over whether her or Dazz has the biggest chebs? Or to reinforce the fact that, no matter how much she may "grow up" in the books, Jubilee simply isn't an amply-endowed heroine?

Beyond these questions, I'm genuinely baffled as to where this book's heading! It's fun, but... where's it ultimately going??
    Does it have to go anywhere, can it not be a bit of fun, does everything have to be in service of some grander meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post

Oh I think the creators have been pretty clear it's NOT going anywhere. It's just pointless sexy fun. I don't think it's supposed to say anything about the characters either.

The one thing I really enjoy about this book is that boom Boom is (weirdly) toned down from some of her most recent characterizations. She's more of the fun-loving competent soldier here than the alcoholic, accidentally successful mess she's been in New Mutants.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    such a fun issue, I kinda wish these two go off and make some creator owned stuff similar to Stjepan Šejić

I mean the art is pure cheesecake goodness, which I didn't think we would ever really get again in the big two and the writing reminds me a lot of my high school days and how the girls would talk when boys weren't around.

Great book
    I'm still waiting on them to get the go-ahead from Marvel to resurrect The Amazing Mary Jane and resolve that "witness protection" thing that was supposed to be the second arc. That, and a team-up with these X-Terminators (throw in Black Cat, too), given how recently entangled MJ's been with Krakoa on account of advertising Krakoan medicines for her Aunt Anna's sake. It would be a hell of a ride, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm still waiting on them to get the go-ahead from Marvel to resurrect The Amazing Mary Jane and resolve that "witness protection" thing that was supposed to be the second arc. That, and a team-up with these X-Terminators (throw in Black Cat, too), given how recently entangled MJ's been with Krakoa on account of advertising Krakoan medicines for her Aunt Anna's sake. It would be a hell of a ride, to say the least.
    yes please! I totally forgot about that book!

Double post

BANNED

Welp, I'll be damned, had all but written this off butt... 😏
    sure enough, as advertised:

BANNED

So, yeah, this proved to be quite the li'l mood booster earlier today & actually got me more into the holiday spirit. Leah said issue #3 was where they really started leanin' into things, and for me, it did seem as though they were hittin' their stride. Felt like they're gettin' comfortable behind the wheel, ready to step on the gas, and hug those curves tightly. The winding flow was great, from the bloody vamp battle & Dazz's 🍑 tales w/the QC, to the Collector's space fortress & freeing his prisoners from Otherworld+...

Enjoyed it & am glad, 'cause I very much wanted to. Lookin' forward to the neXt one, to the point where I won't wait to read it, 'cause I can't wait to see where it goes. Kinda captivated with the surprising twists it's taken, and the firmer footing it feels like it's found. The girls felt more distinct unto themselves & their chemistry more genuinely harmonious, this time around. Way to whip up the crowd, Ms. Williams, ya done good!
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-05-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler's hair flip is now canon and it needs to happen a LOT more! literally I started squealing like a school girl when I saw her do the hair flip before taking the stage. 10/10 good time!

Also loved how she busted through that glass to kick her ex's ass! "The Savage Dazzler" should be a Marvel Imprint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Dazzler's hair flip is now canon and it needs to happen a LOT more! literally I started squealing like a school girl when I saw her do the hair flip before taking the stage. 10/10 good time!

Also loved how she busted through that glass to kick her ex's ass! "The Savage Dazzler" should be a Marvel Imprint.
    ... took notice of BOTH those MOMENTS, 2!!

They stood out as GREAT scenes for Ali! Her goin' into performance mode & generating some *loud*, pro-wrestling like eXcitement from the crowd, was about as rock 'n' roll as it gets.

And when she pointed at her eX, to let 'im know she was comin' after him for a beatdown, THAT was just... *pure* Dazzler, to me.
    Speaking of that early, main antagonist, "AleX"... the *vamp* bastard... anybody else notice how he kinda looks *a lot* like Gambit, but has Havok's name? What's up with that? Wonder what, if anything... Leah's tryin' to say?
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-06-2022 at 06:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

You know, between Xavier locking up Third Eye for family planning and him not wanting to hear about Dazzler's dumptruck, I have the following conclusion to make-Charles Xavier is one of those folks who likes dictating what people should do to their bodies (Lots of sex in this case) but really hates either hearing details about it or anyone having an alternate opinion.