Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Can't once they realized they were romanticizing murder/suicide.
    I personnaly find it interesting as it questions our relationship with death in general. I do not agree with it, as I wish Mutant Culture was not warlike, and I do prefer the Waiting Room, but it's kinda logical. In a meta sense, super-heroes comics have a lot of fighting. It makes sense that within this paradigm fighting would be a big cultural thing in a super-heroes culture. I think WoX and LoX are adressing that, although I'm not sure it's succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Let’s see if they ever get to clean up their „already resurrected“ mess from earlier times. Petra, Sway, Changeling,..
    They already explained Petra and Sway in X-men Red.
    (Headcannon for Changeling : it was just an anonymous mutant who has decided to dress up as Changeling as an homage)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The Waiting Room works like, if a writer wants to bring back a long-dead character, they can do so, unless they don't want that to happen like with the pre-dinosaur mutant civilisation from Marauders that makes no sense.
    Man, Marauders sure fell off a cliff after Ewing left.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I personnaly find it interesting as it questions our relationship with death in general. I do not agree with it, as I wish Mutant Culture was not warlike, and I do prefer the Waiting Room, but it's kinda logical. In a meta sense, super-heroes comics have a lot of fighting. It makes sense that within this paradigm fighting would be a big cultural thing in a super-heroes culture. I think WoX and LoX are adressing that, although I'm not sure it's succeeding.
    Seems you could have fighting without, you know, killing each other.

I hated the idea of the Waiting Room since the beggining. It didn't make sense to me and seemed like a cop out. The Ressurection Protocols are already a very wide and powerful mechanism to tell stories as it was. It is good for it to have limits, to make it feel important to follow the rules of that universe for it to work. Now with the Waiting Room, everything feels easy and not that impactful.

I don't mind Thunderburd being back, actually, if well explored it can bring a lot of cool stories. But I don't think opening this space of the Working Room was the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I hated the idea of the Waiting Room since the beggining. It didn't make sense to me and seemed like a cop out. The Ressurection Protocols are already a very wide and powerful mechanism to tell stories as it was. It is good for it to have limits, to make it feel important to follow the rules of that universe for it to work. Now with the Waiting Room, everything feels easy and not that impactful.

I don't mind Thunderburd being back, actually, if well explored it can bring a lot of cool stories. But I don't think opening this space of the Working Room was the best way.
    I guess it is a better way to bring back those who died before Cerebro, but where are they (Changeling, Petra, Sway, etc.)?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Man, Marauders sure fell off a cliff after Ewing left.
    Ewing didn't work on Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I guess it is a better way to bring back those who died before Cerebro, but where are they (Changeling, Petra, Sway, etc.)?
    They're on Krakoa with thousands other mutants. They can be used if a writer wants to, like Thunderbird.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Seems you could have fighting without, you know, killing each other.
    Arena fights do exist, we've seen them in Cable. The ritual fighting to death, I think, makes sense in that particular context of a warrior culture who defeated death.
    I find all the more interesting Storm's POV in Giant Size, or Way of X's take on the Death Culture that arose with the Ressurection Protocols (i just wish it wasn't about Onslaught). Also the Arakki have a whole other view on that, which is interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Arena fights do exist, we've seen them in Cable. The ritual fighting to death, I think, makes sense in that particular context of a warrior culture who defeated death.
    I find all the more interesting Storm's POV in Giant Size, or Way of X's take on the Death Culture that arose with the Ressurection Protocols (i just wish it wasn't about Onslaught). Also the Arakki have a whole other view on that, which is interesting too.
    Uh, you do realize that Way of X made it clear that the Death Culture was a BAD thing, right? And the Arakkie don't want to be rezzed.

Incredible Member

It doesn't. How many times it has been used? I can only thing about Thunderbird. They completely forgot about Petra, Sway and Changeling.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    00000.jpg

10char
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Hahaha.

Milici makes a good point, when else has it been used?

I hope Wanda and Lorna bring it up when they get together in SW.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hahaha.

Milici makes a good point, when else has it been used?

I hope Wanda and Lorna bring it up when they get together in SW.
    Haha, it’d be like when a friend gets you a really fancy food processor for your birthday but you never even unpacked it because it looks really complicated, and then you end up having to make up stuff you used it for so they don’t just think you hated their present.