Page 56 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Speaking of, what's the consensus on Iron Man by Micheline, Layton, and JRjr? CGN has the regular cover for $109 and amazon isn't much of a discount at $89.99. Still available discounted at TOW, IST & DCBS for the time being though. Is that the next one to go OOP?
    Diamond is sold out of Iron Man by Micheline & Layton so whatever copies TOW & IST have left are it for them.

Still a supply left at Amazon.com (and B&N) for the moment but my guess is there are no more copies for them to resupply thus making the price higher ($89.99).

Punisher or Captain America by Kirby are my bet for the next title to be moved to the OOP list.

I update this on page 4 of the thread. There is a link at the end of the main post on page 1 to it.

Latest and greatest.

As of 5/14/14

89 Omnibus titles have been released to date. 40 titles are currently Out of Print with another 13 titles getting close. Good news as the Alias Omnibus will be coming back into print in September 2014.

For the 14 titles that are getting close to going Out of Print I have listed sites that still have them in stock. You can also still find deals for them on Ebay and Amazon Marketplace.

Use this very helpful guide to know what issues are in each omnibus, cost per page, which era etc... http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...ibus-editions/

Out of Print
    Alias Omnibus - Coming back in print (September 2014)
    Silver Surfer Omnibus
    Amazing Fantasy Omnibus
    Devil Dinosaur Omnibus
    Eternals Omnibus
    Howard the Duck Omnibus
    Daredevil Omnibus Companion Frank Miller
    Daredevil Omnibus Volume 1 (Bendis)
    Daredevil Omnibus Volume 2 (Bendis)
    Daredevil Omnibus Volume 1 (Brubaker)
    Daredevil Omnibus Volume 2 (Brubaker)
    Elektra Omnibus
    Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Volume 1
    Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Volume 2
    Punisher (Ennis) Omnibus
    The Ultimates Omnibus
    Iron Man Omnibus Volume 1
    X-Men Omnibus Volume 1
    Wolverine Omnibus, Volume 1
    Captain Britain Omnibus
    Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus
    The Death of Captain America Omnibus
    Thor Omnibus Volume 1
    Captain America Omnibus (Brubaker)
    Astonishing X-Men Omnibus
    Iron Man Omnibus Volume 2
    Ghost Rider Omnibus
    Thor (JMS) Omnibus
    Thor Walter Simonson Omnibus
    Captain America Omnibus Volume 1
    Secret Wars Omnibus
    Secret Wars II Omnibus
    Hulk Omnibus Volume 1
    Acts of Vengeance Omnibus
    X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Omnibus
    Spider-man Omnibus Volume 2
    Secret Warriors Omnibus
    Captain America Lives Omnibus
    Untold Tales of Spider-man Omnibus
    Spiderman MacFarline Omnibus

Almost Out of Print
    Golden Age of Marvel Omnibus Vol. 1 * (CGN, TOW & IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Woman of Marvel Omnibus (TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover available)
    Captain America Omnibus by Jack Kirby (Amazon)
    X-Men Omnibus Volume 2 * (Amazon) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    X-Men Claremont / Lee Omnibus Volume 1 * (CGN) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Volume 3 * (TOW) * (Direct Market cover available CGN, TOW, IST)
    Evolutionary War Omnibus (CGN, TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Squadron Supreme Omnibus * (CGN, TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover at CGN)
    Iron Man Omnibus Layton/JRjr (Amazon, TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Atlantis Attacks Omnibus * (Amazon. TOW, IST) * (Direct Market sold out)
    Punisher Omnibus (TOW, CGN)
    Ulitmate Spider-man Omnibus Volume 1 * (CGN, TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    John Carter: Warlord of Mars Omnibus * (TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)

Instock everywhere (includes Amazon - Barnes & Noble)
    Acts of Vengeacne Crossovers Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at IST & CGN)
    Wolverine Jason Aaron Omnibus
    Dark Tower Omnibus
    Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST,TOW)
    Avengers Volume 1 Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    X-Statix Omnibus
    X-men Claremont / Lee Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Ultimate Avengers Omnibus
    Avengers: The Crossing * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST & TOW)
    New X-Men Omnibus (2nd Printing)
    The Stand Omnibus
    New Avengers Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST & TOW)
    Marvel Zomnibus
    Man-Thing Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    Ultimate Death of Spider-man Omnibus
    X-Force Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    West Coast Avengers Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST, TOW)
    New Warriors Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST, TOW)
    Wolverine by Mark Miller Omnibus
    Marvel Now Omnibus
    Thor Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover available at GCN)
    Spiderman Omnibus Volume 1 (3rd Printing)
    Iron Man by Kurt Busiek & Sean Chen Omnibus
    Uncanny X-Men Volume 1 Omnibus (3rd Printing)
    Fantastic Four Omnibus Volume 1 (3rd Printing)
    Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Volume 1
    West Coast Avengers Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover available at GCN, IST, TOW)
    Daredevil Omnibus Frank Miller (2nd Printing)
    Fantastic Four Omnibus Volume 2 (2nd Printing)
    Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    Deadpool Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, TOW & IST)
    Golden Age of Captain America Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, TOW & IST)
    Uncanny X-Force Omnibus
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    Annihilation Omnibus

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'll be ordering myself the MacFarline Spider-Man omnibus from Amazons Marketplace on Friday and be crossing my fingers. The Punisher Omnibus will have to wait till the following pay day. Hope it lasts that long!

Just an FYI that IST has both covers of the Golden Age Captain America Omnibus for $56.25 (55% off). Plus free shipping for those in the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Diamond is sold out of Iron Man by Micheline & Layton so whatever copies TOW & IST have left are it for them.

Still a supply left at Amazon.com (and B&N) for the moment but my guess is there are no more copies for them to resupply thus making the price higher ($89.99).

Punisher or Captain America by Kirby are my bet for the next title to be moved to the OOP list.
    This is Punisher by Remender right?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I know this was partially in jest, but a few posts or pages referencing prices or any other issue related to collected editions is on topic.
    Okay, I didn't know the rules stated that price complaints were on topic for an omnibus thread. Sorry about that.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I'll be ordering myself the MacFarline Spider-Man omnibus from Amazons Marketplace on Friday and be crossing my fingers. The Punisher Omnibus will have to wait till the following pay day. Hope it lasts that long!
    I really wanted to get the black suit version but eventually just picked up the regular version.

I convinced myself that ordering a book I missed out on from CGN in the states was a good reason to stretch the budget this once. The shipping was atrocious. I can get it off amazon for super inflated unfair prices that cost as much as CGN shipping to canada. What a disappointment.

Question for the long time collectors. What omnibuses/OHCs were the quickest to go OOP? Since I started buying a few years back, it definitely feels like Iron Man by Micheline & Layton has had the shortest shelf life. I know it's not sold out yet, but the scare is already there. Which feels really sudden for a book that was published after the paper/cover stock changes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
    Okay, I didn't know the rules stated that price complaints were on topic for an omnibus thread. Sorry about that.
    It's a collected editions thread. Not just Omnibus. Prices are technically on topic as you can't buy a collected edition without paying a price, right?

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Question for the long time collectors. What omnibuses/OHCs were the quickest to go OOP? Since I started buying a few years back, it definitely feels like Iron Man by Micheline & Layton has had the shortest shelf life. I know it's not sold out yet, but the scare is already there. Which feels really sudden for a book that was published after the paper/cover stock changes.
    I don't know about completely going OOP, but didn't the Simonson Thor go to 2nd printing even before it was released to market, based on the number of preorders exceeding 1st printing demand?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I don't know about completely going OOP, but didn't the Simonson Thor go to 2nd printing even before it was released to market, based on the number of preorders exceeding 1st printing demand?
    It actually went to 3rd printing before release, which is why it's one of the few post-Iron Man omnibuses that is actually made in the USA.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    I update this on page 4 of the thread. There is a link at the end of the main post on page 1 to it.

Latest and greatest.

As of 5/14/14

89 Omnibus titles have been released to date. 40 titles are currently Out of Print with another 13 titles getting close. Good news as the Alias Omnibus will be coming back into print in September 2014.

For the 14 titles that are getting close to going Out of Print I have listed sites that still have them in stock. You can also still find deals for them on Ebay and Amazon Marketplace.

Use this very helpful guide to know what issues are in each omnibus, cost per page, which era etc... http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...ibus-editions/

Out of Print
    Alias Omnibus - Coming back in print (September 2014)
    Silver Surfer Omnibus
    Amazing Fantasy Omnibus
    Devil Dinosaur Omnibus
    Eternals Omnibus
    Howard the Duck Omnibus
    Daredevil Omnibus Companion Frank Miller
    Daredevil Omnibus Volume 1 (Bendis)
    Daredevil Omnibus Volume 2 (Bendis)
    Daredevil Omnibus Volume 1 (Brubaker)
    Daredevil Omnibus Volume 2 (Brubaker)
    Elektra Omnibus
    Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Volume 1
    Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Volume 2
    Punisher (Ennis) Omnibus
    The Ultimates Omnibus
    Iron Man Omnibus Volume 1
    X-Men Omnibus Volume 1
    Wolverine Omnibus, Volume 1
    Captain Britain Omnibus
    Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus
    The Death of Captain America Omnibus
    Thor Omnibus Volume 1
    Captain America Omnibus (Brubaker)
    Astonishing X-Men Omnibus
    Iron Man Omnibus Volume 2
    Ghost Rider Omnibus
    Thor (JMS) Omnibus
    Thor Walter Simonson Omnibus
    Captain America Omnibus Volume 1
    Secret Wars Omnibus
    Secret Wars II Omnibus
    Hulk Omnibus Volume 1
    Acts of Vengeance Omnibus
    X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Omnibus
    Spider-man Omnibus Volume 2
    Secret Warriors Omnibus
    Captain America Lives Omnibus
    Untold Tales of Spider-man Omnibus
    Spiderman MacFarline Omnibus

Almost Out of Print
    Golden Age of Marvel Omnibus Vol. 1 * (CGN, TOW & IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Woman of Marvel Omnibus (TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover available)
    Captain America Omnibus by Jack Kirby (Amazon)
    X-Men Omnibus Volume 2 * (Amazon) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    X-Men Claremont / Lee Omnibus Volume 1 * (CGN) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Volume 3 * (TOW) * (Direct Market cover available CGN, TOW, IST)
    Evolutionary War Omnibus (CGN, TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Squadron Supreme Omnibus * (CGN, TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover at CGN)
    Iron Man Omnibus Layton/JRjr (Amazon, TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Atlantis Attacks Omnibus * (Amazon. TOW, IST) * (Direct Market sold out)
    Punisher Omnibus (TOW, CGN)
    Ulitmate Spider-man Omnibus Volume 1 * (CGN, TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    John Carter: Warlord of Mars Omnibus * (TOW, IST) * (Direct Market cover sold out)

Instock everywhere (includes Amazon - Barnes & Noble)
    Acts of Vengeacne Crossovers Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at IST & CGN)
    Wolverine Jason Aaron Omnibus
    Dark Tower Omnibus
    Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST,TOW)
    Avengers Volume 1 Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    X-Statix Omnibus
    X-men Claremont / Lee Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover sold out)
    Ultimate Avengers Omnibus
    Avengers: The Crossing * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST & TOW)
    New X-Men Omnibus (2nd Printing)
    The Stand Omnibus
    New Avengers Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST & TOW)
    Marvel Zomnibus
    Man-Thing Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    Ultimate Death of Spider-man Omnibus
    X-Force Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    West Coast Avengers Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST, TOW)
    New Warriors Omnibus Volume 1 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, IST, TOW)
    Wolverine by Mark Miller Omnibus
    Marvel Now Omnibus
    Thor Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover available at GCN)
    Spiderman Omnibus Volume 1 (3rd Printing)
    Iron Man by Kurt Busiek & Sean Chen Omnibus
    Uncanny X-Men Volume 1 Omnibus (3rd Printing)
    Fantastic Four Omnibus Volume 1 (3rd Printing)
    Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Volume 1
    West Coast Avengers Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover available at GCN, IST, TOW)
    Daredevil Omnibus Frank Miller (2nd Printing)
    Fantastic Four Omnibus Volume 2 (2nd Printing)
    Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    Deadpool Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, TOW & IST)
    Golden Age of Captain America Omnibus * (Direct Market cover available at CGN, TOW & IST)
    Uncanny X-Force Omnibus
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Volume 2 * (Direct Market cover available at CGN)
    Annihilation Omnibus
    Are you leaving off Disney Omnibus like the Muppets?.

Newbie question here. What are Premiere Editions and how do they differ in comparison to OHC's, Omniboo and other editions of Marvel? Also, what are their general quality?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Newbie question here. What are Premiere Editions and how do they differ in comparison to OHC's, Omniboo and other editions of Marvel? Also, what are their general quality?
    Premiere Editions are just what Marvel calls initial-release hardcovers of recent series. They are not oversized. Recently they've had wrapped soft-touch covers with art printed directly on them, and lightweight glossy paper stock. Prior to Marvel Now they always had dust jackets (with very isolated exceptions) and a slightly heavier paperstock. Their quality is okay. People tend to be annoyed with the gutter loss for issues with full-page spreads.

By contrast, a Premiere Classic was a reprint of a storyline or series of issues - usually 4-12 - and had a standard black-dustjacket w/metallic embossing. It was Marvel's go-to line for one-off reprints of isolated storylines and classic mini-series until it ended a couple of years ago. I found the build-quality to be consistent, but the color restoration of older material wasn't always great.
    Last edited by krisis; 05-14-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!