Page 879 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 379779829869875876877878879880881882883889929979 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,185 of 17378
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Does the Spider-Verse OHC contains 'Edge Of Spider-Verse'?
    Nope. You gotta pick up the skinny 5 issue trade that came out last week if you want that.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

^ I cancelled that OHC a couple of days ago. It was a shame considering the great pre-order price ($21.40) but I just wasn't excited about the content.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    ^ I cancelled that OHC a couple of days ago. It was a shame considering the great pre-order price ($21.40) but I just wasn't excited about the content.
    Me too, I found the story pretty terrible. Strangely, I still hesitated over the cancel button, even though I knew I didn't want the contents. For £17, the bargain urge was strong in me

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    Can't wait to crack into this one! I'm totally going into this one blind as I had never picked up the floppies and avoided all spoilers.

In regards to the quality, it's the typical modern Marvel OHC with glued binding so there is some gutter loss and thin wavy paper.
    Thanks for the pics! I liked the story and for the preorder price it's a nice book but it's so said that some of the Marvel ohc's quality are below your average DC omni/deluxe, while a few years ago they were always superior. wouldn't pay more for this.

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    Can't wait to crack into this one! I'm totally going into this one blind as I had never picked up the floppies and avoided all spoilers.

In regards to the quality, it's the typical modern Marvel OHC with glued binding so there is some gutter loss and thin wavy paper.

Damn it's glued. That annoys me. What to the spine on the dust cover look like ?

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I cancelled my pre-order, too. I didn't need it taking up valuable shelf space $21.40 or not.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

The cover of Spider-Verse is pretty awesome. I ordered from Amazon so I think I have to wait an extra week or two. I enjoyed the event but I didn't get to read all of the tie-ins or mini's so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I am also looking forward to Spider-Verse OHC.

Especially seen as I locked in at a preorder price of barely £18!

At that price, for the size, bargain. And I never say no to a bargain.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Amazing Member

I'm Going to Have to Eat Every Chicken in this Room.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    has the gotg book been good? i was thinking of picking it up but haven't read it or heard much about it. also, kinda annoyed that they added ironman to the team lol
    Its godawful. Usual Bendys stuff, retcons and meaningless banter, but with more focus on guest stars than the actual team and more time spent on Earth than in Space. In a Space book. Plus, he wasted three issues putting Rich Rider in limbo.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Woa, woa, woa...That Spider-Verse hardcover does appear to be glued, but haven't all the recent Marvel Now OHC's had sewn binding? Waid Daredevil, Superior Spidey, etc?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I was a bit bummed that "Edge of SV" wasn't in the OHC but not that much. I still ordered it and since I only read the SM2099 and Spiderwoman issues the bulky meat of the story will still be largely new to me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Woa, woa, woa...That Spider-Verse hardcover does appear to be glued, but haven't all the recent Marvel Now OHC's had sewn binding? Waid Daredevil, Superior Spidey, etc?
    I believe this still hold true for Marvel books.

If the book gets a six month lead time it will have sewn binding and come from China.

If it is a three month lead time like some recent event OHC's it is glued with wavy paper made in the USA (or Canada?)

Isn't that technically sewn? I think Image does a lot of their OHC like that.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Spider-Verse OHC looks great. I greatly enjoyed the story personally but as you can probably see I'm a big Spider-Man mark.