Page 559 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 594595095495555565575585595605615625635696096591059 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Does it contain a lot of extraneous crap from Loise Simonson's New Mutants and X-Factor runs? If so, that's a no go. That'll give ya nightmares, too.
    No kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    OMG, me too. Like, actually.

I feel like my depression about how awful the entire X-line has been for the past two years has lead me to spend more money on other comics in order to try to recapture the magic. I'd also like to link it to my gaining weight, but that's mostly attributed to working at a start-up
    Haha, if I had to guess I'd say it's the start-up. I love them but all the free food combined with the stress will kill you. We started having a personal trainer come in a couple of times a week at one start up.

I didn't have too much of a problem with recent X-Men until about the time of Battle of the Atom. Part of it is that I've never liked Cyclops so I didn't care what they did with him in AvX and the art in ANXM was incredible. But it only lasted about a dozen or so issues before it was derailed terribly. I hated, HATED the resolution to Battle of the Atom and mostly just find all of it kind of annoying at this point.

Battle of the Atom was the first over-sized X-book that I didn't end up owning. Prologue to Inferno is the second.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is any good? Is the storyline good and worth the purchase of the omnibus or stick with the trade paperback? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    It's very good. The Silver Surfer lead-in issues are excellent and it contains Thanos Quest which I honestly think is better than the Gauntlet event itself. A few of the tie-ins are bad (Cloak and Dagger) but they're mostly excellent to decent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    It's very good. The Silver Surfer lead-in issues are excellent and it contains Thanos Quest which I honestly think is better than the Gauntlet event itself. A few of the tie-ins are bad (Cloak and Dagger) but they're mostly excellent to decent as well.
    Honestly, I would probably have paid that price for just the Thanos QUest and IG issues so it is worth it. Ideally they would have dropped more of the tie ins for Infinity War or other Infinity Watch stuff. Infinity Crusade just sucked. I do see a big IW Omni coming before the MCU Avengers 3&4.

Well I just bought Miller's Daredevil, New Avengers, and Deadpool from IST. Thinking about wolverine and the X-Men would you guys recommend that?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Well I just bought Miller's Daredevil, New Avengers, and Deadpool from IST. Thinking about wolverine and the X-Men would you guys recommend that?
    The general WatXM consensus is that it starts awesome and gets lost over time. The series is an acquired taste, if you have no exposure to it, try and get some before deciding. But the first 10 or so issues is not representative of the entire series. I would not blind buy this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Honestly, I would probably have paid that price for just the Thanos QUest and IG issues so it is worth it. Ideally they would have dropped more of the tie ins for Infinity War or other Infinity Watch stuff. Infinity Crusade just sucked. I do see a big IW Omni coming before the MCU Avengers 3&4.
    I would have been very happy if the extraneous tie-ins like Cloak and Dagger were replaced with the contents of the Infinity Gauntlet: Aftermath trade (IE: Warlock and the Infinity Watch issues which explain what happened with the Gauntlet after the end of the main series) Plus maybe the enjoyable 'What If... The Silver Surfer Possessed the Infinity Gauntlet' issue.

Infinity War is a completely different story so I wouldnt really want that in the same book, but having at the very least Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1 would have made the omnibus MUCH better IMO because it directly follows IG. But it's still great without it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    The general WatXM consensus is that it starts awesome and gets lost over time. The series is an acquired taste, if you have no exposure to it, try and get some before deciding. But the first 10 or so issues is not representative of the entire series. I would not blind buy this.

Agree. I loved the series, but it's really a love/hate thing. It's pretty dern wacky. If you don't like wacky, you won't enjoy it. Not a serious book at all.

I like WATXM. Sometimes it felt like a Wolverine/Quentin Quire buddy comedy. It's a fun read.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Hi guys, just finished reading “Avengers Forever ” and to be honest got bored.
    I’m a bit tired of the different dimension character + time travel paradigm I was wondering: is al the like this? I’m a X-men guy (and God knows we had our share of time travel & diferent plots with versions of the same character)
    Avengers Forever was very much a 'Kurt fixes continuity' project. Did it need doing? Probably not. Did he do a good job of it? I thought so. I can see how it wouldn't be everyone cup of tea though.

And no, there's far fewer stories *about* continuity in the main series which will be collected in the omnibus. It's a great run and gets a pretty high recommendation from me if you like the classic Avengers.

Latest haul

Here's the cover, which I actually really love, but I haven't opened the book because I'm not sure if I'm keeping it. I kinds forgot to cancel the order.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Latest haul

Here's the cover, which I actually really love, but I haven't opened the book because I'm not sure if I'm keeping it. I kinds forgot to cancel the order.
    Nice haul. Kind of scared to show you guys what I've put together the last quarter of this year.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Incredible Member

^ ... Do it. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    ^ ... Do it. Do it.
    Lol I'm not even done getting everything I've bought yet. Maybe in a few weeks.

Ok so this ebay seller sent me some pictures of his DD Companion binding. This is sewn right? Screenshot_2014-11-26-23-11-26.jpg