Page 521 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 214214715115175185195205215225235245255315716211021 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 17378
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    I wish Marvel would do a complete collection TPB of Kiron Gillen's Uncanny X-Men. The complete collection trades hold like 10 issues, his run is only 20 issues long. 2 volumes done.
    Nope. Done in Complete Collection style like Fraction's X-Men or Aaron's Wolverine was, it would include at least:
    - Uncanny X-Men #534.1, 535-544
    - X-Men: Regenesis
    - Uncanny X-Men #1-20
    - AVX: Consequences #1-5
    - stories from X-Men: Manifest Destiny #5, AVX: VS #2 and #6, A+X #5
    Personally I'd put S.W.O.R.D. #1-5 in too. There's also Namor's story from Dark Reign: The Cabal and if you need padding in any volume, there's X-Men Origins: Sabretooth.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Which version of X-Factor are you referring to?

You'd probably need multiple volumes of Omnibuses regardless of which version and which authors. The first volume was like 100+ issues.

If it's either (or all three) of Peter David's incarnations, those aren't in Omnibus form because they didn't sell well. I think the Peter David 90s team got fully collected in four volumes for the "Visionaries" line Marvel used to do, so that's the best you'll get there.

If it's the X-Factor Investigations version, sales trailed off significantly at some point as they ceased publishing normal HCs and went straight to TPB. The two Complete Collection volumes have sold pretty low and even getting a third volume would be a huge shock. I think the series would need about 5 more Complete Collection volumes to finish off.

And the All-New X-Factor just got cancelled. I think there will be 3 TPBs worth of material for that though.
    The reason they didn't sell is because most of us are expecting the Ombibus!
    I'm a complete X-factor fan since the Peter David Government team in the 90's! I bought the magazine in portuguese and i must confess i would never buy a "Complete Collection" TPB and would buy a Omni without guiving it any 2nd thought!
    I don't know how many of you do "double dipping" with comics Trades, HCs and Omni, here in Portugal most of us buy the HC, read the comics or read them online, then we hope to buy the omnis..

ps: before the 90's peter david run x-factor = x-men Original team and most it's allready collected in oversized crossovers!
    Last edited by ricardoramos; 11-14-2014 at 02:14 AM. Reason: info on original team

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    I saw you guys mention Hawkeye OHC vol 2 being announced. Where do you guys see that this will be coming out before the omnibus? The date I see says July 2015
    I don't think anyone said it will be coming out before the Omnibus, but at least it's coming, even if it's three full months later.

Not that I mind, since I had already sold my Vol. 1 to replace it with the Omnibus.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Lobdell definitely has his strengths and weaknesses as a writer, and some of the stuff he takes heat for probably wasn't his fault (like the need for constant crossovers that keep interrupting regular storytelling). Many people, myself included, think he really excelled at quiet downtime issues. Issues like UXM #308 (Thanksgiving/football game), the issue where Illyana died, the one where Jubilee left to go to Generation X, etc. He definitely went over the top in some areas (Gambit/Rogue foremost among them), but when he was on, his quiet issues were great.

On the other hand, he's openly emphasized that he often started stories without knowing how they were going to end, which 1) caused some problems with stories where the ending didn't jibe well with the setup issues (Onslaught being a primary example), and 2) was a huge shift from Claremont, who plotted everything ahead of time. He also made numerous continuity gaffes, the type of stuff that's probably inevitable when you're following on the heels of the same guy writing the book for 17 years, but still rubbed fans the wrong way. (To be fair, editorial should have caught at least some of that.) Certain characters also underwent noticeable personality shifts under his pen, Rogue being a major example; others just fell from prominence, like Storm. (On the other hand, the characters he DID have a feel for, like Jubilee, tended to fare quite well.)

I have a soft spot for some of the '90s storylines because that's when I started reading, and I don't think Lobdell deserves a lot of the invectives that came his way from established fans back in the '90s; but it's also hard to argue that his stuff matches up with Claremont at his peak. Still, that's a very high bar to clear, and as we've seen, there have been plenty of worse runs on the X-titles since Lobdell left.
    Oh, I agree completely. He's nowhere near the Claremont run, and I've barely read any of it. But he is WAY better that pretty much anyone else to right Uncanny since then.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    You aren't alone. It's gotten a weird bit of backlash in the last year or so. Used to be considered the best example of the 90's X-Men. (The 90s X-Men part is probably the biggest problem for a lot of people.) I recently read the omnibus, and it's just as good as it was back then.
    I always thought AoA was overrated. I liked it when it came out but always thought its reputation exceeded its actual quality. Then I read the Omnibus of it last year, and I just flat-out enjoyed it. I still don't think it's a classic. Overall I'd still only give it maybe 3.5 stars. But I do think it's good.

That said, I'll probably sell my AoA Omnibus before X-Men: Apocalypse. Because just having the individual issues is good enough for me.

I do NOT think that AoA is significantly better than a lot of other early '90s X-stuff. Sure there was a lot of crap in there, but Lobdell and Nicieza did a bunch of other 3.5-star work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    If there was one thing I was disappointed in by the FF vol. 2 omnibus, it was the omission of Hickman's letter that ran at the back of his final issues on Fantastic Four and FF.
    That's disappointing to hear. That letter was the best page of the entire run.

Dazed and Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Just in case: is there anyone in Europe trying to "get rid" of one of the following books?
    Punisher Max OHC 4
    Punisher Ennis Omnibus
    Green Arrow/Green Lantern "Absolute"
    JLA/Avengers "Absolute"
    X-Men Inferno OHC
    X-Men 1 Omnibus
    Wolverine Omnibus 1

I've been chasing these books without success for quite a while now, the very few OK offers I found where out of reach with people or Marketplaces not shipping to Europe. Anything "new" or "used like new" (or maybe even "used, very good" if there's no real issue) would be welcome. Not looking for Ebay prices, not expecting to get these for free either. I thought I'd give it a try, even if this quite obviously looks like a ridiculous or even desperate attempt. But hey, it's probably the best place to ask...PM for any hints. Thank you :-)
    Hi, Spirou!

PM me, please. I have a Wolverine Omnibus. (I tried to PM you, but I'm unable to send PMs for some reason.)

(I've worked it out and PM'ed you.)
    Last edited by WayneLW; 11-14-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    For any of my fellow Omnibus and Hardcover lovers whom are interested, before I start dumping everything onto eBay I've got a few OOP books I was going to sell at cover;

Astonishing X-Men
    Thor by JMS
    Thor by Simonson
    Cap by Bru vol 1-3
    X-Men AOA variant

Send me a PM if interested and we can figure out the logistics.
    Hi Mike! I've tried sending you a couple of PMs in the past few days. Thought I'd follow up here just in case those messages aren't being delivered properly. Thanks!

New sale from IST. 50%-70% on a select few Marvel titles. Not sure if there's anything of worth.

Banner is clickable.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    New sale from IST. 50%-70% on a select few Marvel titles. Not sure if there's anything of worth.

Banner is clickable.

There are 2 omniboo (both 50% off). Marvel Now omni and New Warriors. Apart from that, they also have the Winter Soldier by Brubaker complete collection for 50% off
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I have a question for those of you who have or have read The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus by Michelinie & McFarlane.

This is on the 1/2 price table at my local comic shop, and as any 1/2 price omnibus is tempting, I have been considering it.

I'm not a fan of McFarlane's art at all. There was a time when I did like it, but it was long ago. However, Michelinie's runs on Avengers and Iron Man circa 1980 are some of my favorite comics. I know writing style may have changed quite a bit between then and this series, though.

Do you think I might enjoy this volume? Don't worry, I won't be mad if I end up getting it and being disappointed. Just trying to get a feel for it.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

I think Michelinie's ASM run is one of the best Spidey ever had (at least, up to the mid 360s). So much fun. I recommend it.

I wish Marvel would collect the Erik Larsen era as well, it would be a great companion to this one.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I have a question for those of you who have or have read The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus by Michelinie & McFarlane.

This is on the 1/2 price table at my local comic shop, and as any 1/2 price omnibus is tempting, I have been considering it.

I'm not a fan of McFarlane's art at all. There was a time when I did like it, but it was long ago. However, Michelinie's runs on Avengers and Iron Man circa 1980 are some of my favorite comics. I know writing style may have changed quite a bit between then and this series, though.

Do you think I might enjoy this volume? Don't worry, I won't be mad if I end up getting it and being disappointed. Just trying to get a feel for it.
    It's going oop. It will be worth a lot in a few months so getting it now is a good investment if nothing else
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

It's a very fun read and takes place right after the marriage and most of the stories are pretty much one and two-parters (as I recall). At half off, I'd recommend it to any Spidey fan. You could certainly do worse.

Did anyone get the Thor: God Of Thunder vol 1 OHC by Aaron ? If so can I get some details on the build and any pics would be great.

Thanks guys

Amazing Member

Just to provide the other side of the opinions, I bought it at a fairly good discount but have not been able to finish it. It did not strike a chord with me. If it ever goes OOP and inflates in value I plan to sell it.