Page 669 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 169569619659665666667668669670671672673679719769 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 17378
    All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Does anyone know if the Superior Carnage TPB contains the Annual aswell as the main series? Amazon claims that it only contains #1-5. If the annual isn't in the ordinary TPB, has it been collected elsewhere?
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Does anyone know if the Superior Carnage TPB contains the Annual aswell as the main series? Amazon claims that it only contains #1-5. If the annual isn't in the ordinary TPB, has it been collected elsewhere?
    The Superior Carnage annual is the first story in the Deadpool vs. Carnage TPB, which I happen to be reading at the moment. The events in that story directly lead to Deadpool's actions in the mini. I'd say it's just okay - a decent Deadpool story, but not the stuff we're getting from Duggan in Marvel Now.

Now if I could just figure out where the Original Sin annual is going to wind up. This whole releasing annuals after the initial collection for the series is solicited drives me crazy.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Thanks for the help with the Superior Carnage Annual. I tried to find where the Original Sin annual is printed, but its not in any of the Original Sin TPBs. It may be in the Deathlok vol 1 TPB, considering that the new Deathlok is the main character in the annual.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Thanks for the help with the Superior Carnage Annual. I tried to find where the Original Sin annual is printed, but its not in any of the Original Sin TPBs. It may be in the Deathlok vol 1 TPB, considering that the new Deathlok is the main character in the annual.
    Ahh, you found it!

Deathlok Volume 1 Paperback – June 9, 2015
    COLLECTING: Deathlok 1-5, material from Original Sins 1
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The Superior Carnage annual is the first story in the Deadpool vs. Carnage TPB, which I happen to be reading at the moment. The events in that story directly lead to Deadpool's actions in the mini. I'd say it's just okay - a decent Deadpool story, but not the stuff we're getting from Duggan in Marvel Now.

Now if I could just figure out where the Original Sin annual is going to wind up. This whole releasing annuals after the initial collection for the series is solicited drives me crazy.
    Could be with the Operation SIN stuff.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I'm looking for a particular collection that doesn't yet seem to be listed or solicited. I typically get my trades (paperback) from Amazon, pre-ordering almost as soon as I see the listing, and sometimes right away. For Spider-Verse stuff, just about everything seems to be in a collection except the Spider-Verse Team-Up, Scarlet Spiders, and the Spider-Verse 1&2 issues. I'm imagining it would be all in one book as maybe a Spider-Verse companion. All of Spidey 2099 is in it's own trades, same with Spider-Woman Amazing Spider-Man, and Edge of Spider-Verse, each 1-6 issues. Of course there is the hardcover of Spider-Verse that has almost everything listed, minus the Edge of Spider-Verse issues, and I ordered that just in case, possibly to just sell off after I get all the paperbacks. Any idea though on the collection containing Team-Up, Scarlet Spiders, and the Spider-Verse 1&2 issues?

Also, as far as Daredevil is concerned, there seems to be a book missing from the Mark Waid second volume. I have the Devil @ Bay, Volume 1 (collecting issues 1-5 and Road Warrior 1.5), and you can order what is listed as Vol. 3 right now (collecting issues 6-10 or 11). I'm thinking this is just a brain fart on the part of Marvel or Amazon... Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Falater0 View Post
    I have a question for the group. I have Secret Wars I and II brand new in shrink wrap. I purchased them close to two years ago for about $35 USD on eBay. My "to read" pile is growing too fast and I am watching them go on eBay for over $100 each. My problem is do I sell them for a good profit or will the completionist in me regret it later. Have any of you dealt with this problem and how did you resolve it?
    The Secret Wars II Omni could have been purchased new/sealed for as low as $25 a few years back. The main series is trash but many of the tie in issues are very good (Hulk origin issue, Claremont/JRjr X-Men, Stern/Buscema Avengers, and some Byrne Alpha Flight, etc). The original series holds up ok in re-reading but is a bit dated in spots.

Personally, I plan on holding onto mine for nostalgic reasons. I had the Secret Wars toys as a kid and my mom used to buy me the SWII comic three packs from Toys R Us for like $2 ea. I have lots of fond memories of those books & toys. The only way I'd be tempted to sell them is if prices skyrocket to insane levels (I'm thinking $200+ ea) and them MAYBE replacing them with the upcoming box set if I could find it for super cheap somewhere on release week.

I think all of us collectors swing between selling off books to thin the horde, then regretting it and trying to buy back key pieces of your collection later. I know I do. I've pretty much gotten to a comfortable level with what I have in my collection/library. I try to only keep books I really enjoy, or plan on re-reading or hanging onto for nostalgic reasons.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I know another put some pics up but here are some more.

Attachment 16177Attachment 16178Attachment 16179

I ordered two. One came damaged and I'm going to post those pics in the returns thread.
    How does the quality compare to Dark Horse's printings? I never had any issues with the A Long Time Ago... Omnibus.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I know another put some pics up but here are some more.

Attachment 16177Attachment 16178Attachment 16179

I ordered two. One came damaged and I'm going to post those pics in the returns thread.
    Loving that artwork. Can't wait to get mine.

Question:
    Think Marvel will ever discontinue its Masterworks editions?
    I mean, I surely hope not as they are my personal favorite HC editions, but I wasn't sure exactly how popular they are. I wish they'd stay in print longer.
    I'd love to get my hands on some decently priced earlier Daredevil ones.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Ever since Infinity I've been intrigued by the Inhumans and with the movie coming up I'd like to read some more.. does anyone here own the Inhumans hc by Paul Jenkins/Jae Lee and would like to share some pictures with me (of the art & spine)? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Batmil; 01-23-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Question:
    Think Marvel will ever discontinue its Masterworks editions?
    I mean, I surely hope not as they are my personal favorite HC editions, but I wasn't sure exactly how popular they are. I wish they'd stay in print longer.
    I'd love to get my hands on some decently priced earlier Daredevil ones.
    I hope not! I've slowed my Marvel omnibus buying due too concerns over shoddy construction and have mostly been buying hardcover masterworks. If they discontinue the line, I'd probably discontinue my Marvel purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Squadron Supreme omnibus for $11.25
    Nice. Only got this myself last year because it was cheap, but ended up really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Ever since Infinity I've been intrigued by the Inhumans and with the movie coming up I'd like to read some more.. does anyone here own the Inhumans hc by Paul Jenkins/Jae Lee and would like to share some pictures with me (of the art & spine)? Thanks in advance!
    I do!!
    And I've read it.
    I will see about getting some photos for you.

I LOVELOVELOVE Lee's art in it.
    It's gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I hope not! I've slowed my Marvel omnibus buying due too concerns over shoddy construction and have mostly been buying hardcover masterworks. If they discontinue the line, I'd probably discontinue my Marvel purchases.
    I had this small, jolting moment of fear when I received my Sub-Mariner MMW vol. 5 yesterday because it occurred to me that these books are so nice, I'm totally f*cked if they ever discontinue the line.