Page 1153 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 153653105311031143114911501151115211531154115511561157 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,295 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    all this raving about this Hulk Epic, I'm gonna end up buying it. Damn you all (as usual)!!!!
    Skip the annuals and read the Incredible Hulk issues, you'll enjoy them! Here's another good sequence:

Hulk busts into a room filled with Captain America and a ton of cops attempting to drag Rick Jones outside for arrest.

Hulk: "Rick, what's the story here? Ten words or less."
    Rick: "They want to take Marlo and I don't want them to."
    Hulk: "Eleven words. Close Enough. Cap? Nice to see you. Please leave."

Then hi-jinks ensue.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Skip the annuals and read the Incredible Hulk issues, you'll enjoy them! Here's another good sequence:

Hulk busts into a room filled with Captain America and a ton of cops attempting to drag Rick Jones outside for arrest.

Hulk: "Rick, what's the story here? Ten words or less."
    Rick: "They want to take Marlo and I don't want them to."
    Hulk: "Eleven words. Close Enough. Cap? Nice to see you. Please leave."

Then hi-jinks ensue.
    I was never a fan of the Hulk until I read PAD's run. I was blown away and IMO, it's one of the best comic book runs ever.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Dark day. I took my last Marvel comic off my pull list this morning. After I saw the prices of new stuff yesterday, I just can't justify these hikes anymore. they've priced me right out of monthly reading. I will still buy some collected editions, but I've already trimmed the marvel section down a lot. I wanted to support the new Doctor Strange book, but I'll do that through trades or something. Otherwise, I am on a six month delay using only marvel unlimited. Until they raise the price on that.

The price of Omnis on Amazon.ca has also hurt a lot. Thankfully I was able to pre-order most of the 2016 books while the regular discounts were in effect, but after that I'm going to have to be much more selective. My LCS has a %50 sale on Masterworks (and DC archives) so at least I have some cheap reading for now.

sad puppy dot jay peg
    Quote Originally Posted by thiago.cido View Post
    Not only Omnis, but every kind of comic book has the least discount possible since August...
    I feel the pain as well. Being that indigo and Amazon.ca are also owned by the same people, indigo has the same discounts for this stuff.. So once the dollar situation is fixed, hopefully soon I would think it should be okay..then the prices should go back to our 37% discounts. I seen that some stuff has gone up from 10% to 18%..

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I have no plans of following anything into the post Secret Wars new marvel universe. I will continue to get pre SW collections, but this just reeks of previous reboots such as heroes reborn and the ultimate universe.
    Can't be arsed getting my head around ANOTHER new universe. I'm done with monthly marvel too.

P.s, IM BACK LADS!!!! MISSED ME?!

Dark day. I took my last Marvel comic off my pull list this morning. After I saw the prices of new stuff yesterday, I just can't justify these hikes anymore. they've priced me right out of monthly reading. I will still buy some collected editions, but I've already trimmed the marvel section down a lot. I wanted to support the new Doctor Strange book, but I'll do that through trades or something. Otherwise, I am on a six month delay using only marvel unlimited. Until they raise the price on that.

The price of Omnis on Amazon.ca has also hurt a lot. Thankfully I was able to pre-order most of the 2016 books while the regular discounts were in effect, but after that I'm going to have to be much more selective. My LCS has a %50 sale on Masterworks (and DC archives) so at least I have some cheap reading for now.

sad puppy dot jay peg
    I'm in the same boat. Secret Wars #9 will be the end of my monthly buying. Fables is over, Miles Morales is still great, but nothing I can't wait six months to read, and any loyalty to X-Men after decades of collecting is gone thanks to the constant relaunching. (Who cares about issue #600 if there was no #599.) Everything else I read only because it's "free" on Marvel Unlimited. All my Image books are best as collections. Same for Valiant, even though I usually catch up on those digitally with their no-longer-frequent Comixology sales.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Welcome.to the MU and collections club, boys and/or girls. It's a much more cost-effective place.
    Cyclops was right

Interesting. I've actually been picking up more Marvel. I think I was down to about 4 a month about a year ago. Since then I've added Star Wars, Darth Vader, and just the other day, the two Iron Man books by Bendis and Aaron's Dr. Strange. (When Daredevil and Moon Knight come back I'll also get those.)

I've gone the other way with DC. The only book I read there is Geoff Johns' Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Interesting. I've actually been picking up more Marvel. I think I was down to about 4 a month about a year ago. Since then I've added Star Wars, Darth Vader, and just the other day, the two Iron Man books by Bendis and Aaron's Dr. Strange. (When Daredevil and Moon Knight come back I'll also get those.)

I've gone the other way with DC. The only book I read there is Geoff Johns' Justice League.
    Same here. Though mine is still shrinking with about...(Ms.M, DD, BP maybe?). Actually I might just go back to trade waiting.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I picked up the first issue of Dr. Strange for fun while I snagged Bitch Planet the other day for five dollars. What a joke. Regardless of how good of a read it is, the self-cover paper is garbage and I could get almost a whole lunch for that same $5! Even if I was getting floppies at a 30-50% discount I'd much rather have the material in TPB or HC.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

sad puppy dot jay peg
    Same here. Onlsaught for 99,95 Euros, other omnis reaching slowly the 100 Euro limit, this is a bit steap for me. I had to cut back because of this (ok and other stuff like paper quality...) Marvel is, however, not alone in this. DC upped the prices for the Absolutes also, making them now almost a 1:1 Dollar-Euro thing without discount. Amazon has still a preorder price, but that price is in the region of regular Absolute prices from two years ago. Meaning: if you don't preorder it, you can end up spending the cover Dollar-price in Euro, which is 125 Euros normally. WOW.

I can't believe monthlies are still a thing..it's a pretty outdated way of making comics. They need to adopt the Netflix model and just drop an entire story arc.

Amazing Member

Have never bought a floppy in my life and never will. Hate the paper, hate the ads, hate the price and the fact that I can finish it 5 minutes.

On a different note: what's keeping the star wars OHC's? Almost all of the series are getting good reviews and some have reached 10 issues I think? I'm sure we'll get them eventually. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalherd View Post
    I used to used them before I discovered speedyhen, very good seller
    I have found that when I go directly I do need to chase Terri up, but over all a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I can't believe monthlies are still a thing..it's a pretty outdated way of making comics. They need to adopt the Netflix model and just drop an entire story arc.
    It is where the real money comes from, they really outsell trades and other collections and a monthly model is essential for a business like this where they have high monthly costs. The cash flow from the monthly books makes sure that the lights are kept on while the big cash injections from OHC/s omnibuses are great for special projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    Have never bought a floppy in my life and never will. Hate the paper, hate the ads, hate the price and the fact that I can finish it 5 minutes.

On a different note: what's keeping the star wars OHC's? Almost all of the series are getting good reviews and some have reached 10 issues I think? I'm sure we'll get them eventually. Right?
    I dropped single issues about 4 years ago, would have been earlier but Valiant launched and I wanted to support them. Secret Wars has got me back on the single issue train again, but only digitally. The paper copes are far too expensive, especially in the UK.