Page 350 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450850 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 17378
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

One thing that putting all my omni/OCHs together has done is got me annoyed by how Marvel have changed their logo colours on the spines.

White with red on some older ones, red with white on the new ones. I'd never paid much attention to it before.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick97 View Post
    Hey guys.

Long time no see. Since the forum was reset I pretty much lost all interest in ever posting on this page again, but today I have decided to see whats going on in the omnibus world.

The last omnibus I got was Stern Spiderman. Can someone fill me in on what I have missed as far as announcements, theories, rumors of collected editions?

Thanks.
    Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Because it's a damned good book that does a great job of rounding out AvX. In fact, I might like the companion more than the actual event.
    Still doesn't answer the question of why it came in a box.

Yeah, I have no opinion on the contents. It is odd that they put the companion in (what I assume they feel is) a nice box, but not the omni of the actual series, though.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Still doesn't answer the question of why it came in a box.
    Sorry.

Because it's a damned good book that is so damned good that it is worthy of a box. It's simply box-worthy and that is why it is in a box.

Who knows?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

As everyone's saying how awesome Stern's Spider-Man is, it's the next Omnibus on my list (I already own the McFarlane Omnibus). Of course with its cost, looks like it will be going on the old Christmas wishlist (I know, it's September.) Actually, I should check my bank balance, because ~£50 is quite the steal for 1300 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    I thought eBay prohibited the selling of digital codes? Did that change recently? I know people still do it, but heard they received warnings.
    I didn't know that, I've sold 5 or 6 over the last year with no problems. I guess I will find somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Well... that is just stupid. Whatever company bound that book is doing it wrong as that's completely unnecessary, and as you said, diminishes the whole point of sewing pages together on a book that large. At least as far as Marvel Omnis and the like go, they don't do that. I don't have any DC Omni's other than the Sleeper one and I don't recall it having any issues like that.
    Unfortunately Sleeper is the exception for DC Omnis, the best one they have put out production wise. They have stopped doing the glued sewn binding which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    As everyone's saying how awesome Stern's Spider-Man is, it's the next Omnibus on my list (I already own the McFarlane Omnibus). Of course with its cost, looks like it will be going on the old Christmas wishlist (I know, it's September.) Actually, I should check my bank balance, because ~£50 is quite the steal for 1300 pages.
    Christmas Wishlist? Phssst I'm getting my Christmas present on Tuesday, hello Destiny PS4 bundle

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I didn't know that, I've sold 5 or 6 over the last year with no problems. I guess I will find somewhere else.

Unfortunately Sleeper is the exception for DC Omnis, the best one they have put out production wise. They have stopped doing the glued sewn binding which is good.

Christmas Wishlist? Phssst I'm getting my Christmas present on Tuesday, hello Destiny PS4 bundle
    Ha, got my "birthday" present 3 weeks ago, and it came with Watch Dogs
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Ha, got my "birthday" present 3 weeks ago, and it came with Watch Dogs
    My Christmas came this last weekend aka Labor Day. I'm still reeling, but got some good deals.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    One thing that putting all my omni/OCHs together has done is got me annoyed by how Marvel have changed their logo colours on the spines.

White with red on some older ones, red with white on the new ones. I'd never paid much attention to it before.
    That bit doesn't bother me I never really notice it, I don't like how half the new Omnibus don't have the classic black spines though, means I have to shelve those with the silly white spines separately.

I'd just get a set of cheap metal bookends to go on your shelf, make sure they are high enough. You wouldn't lose any shelf space as they would just slot under the books so you wouldn't even be able to see them but they would stop them from collapsing at some random time.

Hey guys.

Long time no see. Since the forum was reset I pretty much lost all interest in ever posting on this page again, but today I have decided to see whats going on in the omnibus world.

The last omnibus I got was Stern Spiderman. Can someone fill me in on what I have missed as far as announcements, theories, rumors of collected editions?

Thanks.
    No pig-themed avatar? Possible imposter/LMD?

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Sorry.

Because it's a damned good book that is so damned good that it is worthy of a box. It's simply box-worthy and that is why it is in a box.

Who knows?
    It's just odd that Marvel never tried it with over damned good books worthy of boxes.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Hey guys.

Thanks.
    Welcome back Merrick!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Yeah, I have no opinion on the contents. It is odd that they put the companion in (what I assume they feel is) a nice box, but not the omni of the actual series, though.
    It might be because it's so big? Since it came out there have been very few Marvel books as big as it that didn't also come in a cardboard box (like the "Adamantium"-type collections apparently do). Stern Spidey and Byrne FF v2 are as big or slightly bigger than the AvX Companion, but the latter had a free digital code in it, and it was tied to a marquee event. I guess they figured it was box-worthy. They evidently sold a lot of copies of the AvX OHC, so maybe they also figured that putting the Companion in a big box would increase the prestige of the item and convince buyers of AvX that the Companion was worthwhile as well?

I've sold dozens and dozens of digital comic codes on eBay. No problems, ever. I price them in line with what other people are selling certain issues at, so I'm always taking a look around, and it's clear that there are tons and tons and tons of these types of sales going on. It's fine to do. Probably isn't 100% in line with the rules, because probably you're supposed to send the actual code stickers through the mail, but as long as no one calls you on it, you're good. And in my experience, you will almost certainly not get called on it.
    Last edited by DarkBeast; 09-06-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Random question. Which image hosting site do you guys and gals use nowadays? It's been years since I've used one.

Edit: Btw, is there a way to blow up pictures like you usually see for posted hauls and such? Don't want my images to end up as little thumbnails if that have to be clicked to expand if possible. If I can avoid a hosting site altogether that would be preferable.
    Last edited by danmar85; 09-06-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Random question. Which image hosting site do you guys and gals use nowadays? It's been years since I've used one.
    I've been using imgur.