Page 1150 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 150650105011001140114611471148114911501151115211531154 ... LastLast
Results 17,236 to 17,250 of 17378
    Amazing Member

About that Hawkeye omnibus..
    Is there anything else besides the regular issues from the OHC's?
    Because from what I can tell there isn't anything else, but the price is a lot higher than the two OHC's.

I really like that Art Adams WBN cover. I know nothing about the material but maybe gonna pick it up if it goes on clearance or something.

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=legion_quest;1524331]Where did you get a minibus? I need a minibus!

Disposable hero comics said instock online, waiting for the email back saying that there actually is none

Count me in as another one who ordered the Steranko DM Cover of the SHIELD omnibus from IST. This one's a blind buy so hopefully it's a good one!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    On a side note, I just went through my upcoming books list and I don't have any other omnibus books from Marvel through at least January. Couple OHCs, but no omnibus books.
    In addition to the SHIELD and Star Wars Omibuses, and if we include thru March 2016, I'll be wanting to pick up Avengers Busiek Vol. 2, Captain America (SA) Vol. 2, UXM Vol. 3 and the Daredevil Miller Companion. (Possibilities: John Byrne, Hawkeye and WBN).

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I've been reading the Hulk PAD Epic this past week and these stories really take me back to my early HS days! I haven't read these issues since they were originally published over 20 years ago! Below are some of my takeaways:

The annual crossover stories at the beginning of the TPB are as weak as I remember them. I am not a fan of Maguire's loose cartoonish art style and I never particularly enjoy the silly "oh my! I have someone else's brain in my body!" shtick they pull with Namor and Rick. I skimmed the Hulk chapter, then skipped the Namor, Dr. Strange, and Silver Surfer annuals totally before diving straight into the Incredible Hulk issues. I'd forgotten how much of a horror movie slant the Ghost of the Past arc had at the time and it holds up remarkably well in re-reading. I can still recall the disappointment I felt when Keown left the book immediately before the big 400th anniversary issue. To me, Keown is one of my all time fav Hulk artists (along with Gary Frank also featured in this volume!). Keown really set the standard for the Hulk's visuals in the early 1990s. Surprisingly however, Jan Duursema's art holds up remarkably well, far better than I recall it doing so. You can see she was trying to ape Keown's style in a few areas but it's sold storytelling and really hits the emotional story beats when required. Considering the dark nature of the content in the early issues, that's no small task. By the end of the volume, Gary Frank comes on board, the book looks great again, reads great, & we the readers get an extremely emotionally satisfying ending.

This volume sums up nicely what I miss so much about PAD's Hulk. Great artwork, with an equally great cast of characters & story that never takes its readers intelligence for granted. The subplots pay off gradually and organically, nothing is rushed, and in the end the reader feels satisfied and completely invested in the characters.

Keep 'em coming Marvel! I'd by one PAD volume a month!
    Argh you're almost convincing me to try PD's Hulk in the EPIC format.
    I usually don't buy anything from 1986 (at least 1988) until 2001 - especially from Marvel. Wonder if I might like this? Gary Frank is great.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    I usually don't buy anything from 1986 (at least 1988) until 2001 - especially from Marvel. Wonder if I might like this? Gary Frank is great.
    PAD's Hulk is actually from after 1988 IRCC, atleast this Epic. PAD's Hulk is brilliant, one of the smartest and most modern runs from the late 80's/90's. Very powerful stuff. Routing for some omni's.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The three OMNI's in one day is both good & bad.
    Good-I'm basically done for the month
    Bad-they show up on the doorstep and my wife is like....CRAIG!

We are doing our end of year budget this weekend so...double whammy!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Thinking of selling my AOA omni and maybe buying it again when it gets rereleased (maybe) but do you think there will be a massive drop in paper quality, and for the 30 - 40 quid profit I'll make, I may as well keep the 1st print?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The three OMNI's in one day is both good & bad.
    Good-I'm basically done for the month
    Bad-they show up on the doorstep and my wife is like....CRAIG!

We are doing our end of year budget this weekend so...double whammy!!
    Hahahaha! This is when having a retail job helps, I can be off on week days and if I'm lucky I unpack the comics and statues before she gets here :P
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    PAD's Hulk is actually from after 1988 IRCC, atleast this Epic. PAD's Hulk is brilliant, one of the smartest and most modern runs from the late 80's/90's. Very powerful stuff. Routing for some omni's.
    Peter David's Hulk is GOOD GOOD GOOD. Give it a chance!

PS ... Even as a longtime fan, I'll freely admit the series kind of went off the rails post #425 when they introduced the savage Banner personality and Liam Sharpe was doing the art (geeze, those books look bad now). That being said as you approach the Heroes Reborn era things pick back up tremendously (Adam Kubert comes on board for art, the -1 flashback issue, Hulk in the Savage Land vs Wolverine, Apocalypse making Hulk a horseman, etc) and PAD's run finishes "INCREDIBLY" strong. Incredible Hulk #454-467 are some of the best Hulk books ever written IMO.

PPS ... Gary Frank did some of his best art ever on the Hulk (and later the 1996 Supergirl series also with PAD). The lines are tight, all the characters look great, and act great, they're fluid action figures not just stoic drawings on a comic panel. And he was great at conveying facial expressions and emotions of the characters, which for a PAD written book is great. I remember picking up the Supergirl series when it launched, not really because I had any interest in the character but because I wanted to follow PAD & Frank over to that book ... I got hooked on it for a while as well! For some reason I don't like Gary Frank's modern art as much. It seems more grainy or loose than his early Hulk books. I'm thinking of his return to the Hulk book during WWH and his Supreme Power days. Maybe it's the inking job? Dunno.

Amazing Member

Who do you guys in the UK use for your books, I have been using speedyhen as seem best on price but they have been mucking me around lately so looking elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalherd View Post
    Who do you guys in the UK use for your books, I have been using speedyhen as seem best on price but they have been mucking me around lately so looking elsewhere
    For Marvel stuff, http://www.prgrafix.co.uk/ is pretty good. I've had some good bargains from them and delivery is always quick. Other than that, I use speedyhen, book depository, wordery or amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalherd View Post
    mucking around how exactly?
    I use speedyhen as well, checking amazon and ebay regularly, if there are some good coupons rakuten, wordery.
    prgraphix is good but you have to be quick when the update comes, also their books are leftover stock, which is fine by me, just be aware they are sometimes not in perfect nick (but mostly only have some remainder mark).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    mucking around how exactly?
    I use speedyhen as well, checking amazon and ebay regularly, if there are some good coupons rakuten, wordery.
    prgraphix is good but you have to be quick when the update comes, also their books are leftover stock, which is fine by me, just be aware they are sometimes not in perfect nick (but mostly only have some remainder mark).
    I do alot of preorders with speedyhen and I never seem to get my book when it's released. Latest one was Hulk Epic and ended up cancelling order and used wordery