Page 720 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730770820 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Default Marvel Omnibus OOP Watch

The following appear to be OOP at Amazon, CGN and IST:

Atlantis Attacks Omnibus
    Captain America by Jack Kirby Omnibus
    X-Men (first series) Vol 2 Omnibus

... and these ones look to be next:
    John Carter Omnibus
    Man-Thing Omnibus
    Punisher (Remender) Omnibus
    Squadron Supreme Omnibus
    Tomb of Dracula Volume 3 Omnibus

Get them while you can!

From IDW's solicits:

Frank Miller's Daredevil: Artifact Edition HC

Frank Miller (w & a & c)
    Frank Miller, multiple Eisner Award-winner, is one of the finest and most influential comics creators of his generation. From Sin City to Dark Knight Returns, to Daredevil: Born Again and Batman: Year One (both of which he wrote and collaborated on with David Mazzucchelli), his contribution to the art form is nearly peerless. But before these incredible works came his groundbreaking turn on Daredevil!
    HC • BW • $75.00 net discount item • 144 Pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-352-1
    • This Artifact Editions will collect more than 20 Miller covers, and a staggering display of pages—all shot from the original art—including many from key issues such as the introduction of Elektra… and the death of Elektra! Additionally, a selection of pages from Wolverine and Spider-Man will also be showcased. If you are a fan of Frank Miller's classic storytelling then this is the Artifact edition for you!
    • Advance solicited for a June release!

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    and holy what the heck is the Scarlet Spider wearing there, that blue thing... is there a name for that in the fashion biz?
    He's wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off and a spider stenciled on. It was a temporary costume.
    Miller was right.

Anyone here picking up the two Avengers omnibus next month? I'm pretty hyped for Busiek's. Heard a bunch of great things about his run and now I can finally experience it for myself. Will most likely be picking up SA Avengers 2 as well. Really need to bring myself to crack into the first volume before doing so though...
    Aside from those, the only Marvel books I'll be picking up for the foreseeable future are: Trial of Captain America, Return of Winter Soldier, maybe Annihilation Conquest, Power Omnibus, and maybe Ms Marvel OHC. DC has convinced me to send the majority of my money to them...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    fwiw, the unofficial masterwork announcement here: Daredevil masterwork vol.9
    Daredevil MMW vol.9---EXCELLENT!!
    Still waiting on that Silver Age vol.1 Omni though Marvel Collected Editions Department.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Two superb candidates for worst Omnibus covers ever.
    Besides the comics at the bottom, and the fact that the content is not worth purchasing, I like the 90's cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone here picking up the two Avengers omnibus next month? I'm pretty hyped for Busiek's. Heard a bunch of great things about his run and now I can finally experience it for myself. Will most likely be picking up SA Avengers 2 as well. Really need to bring myself to crack into the first volume before doing so though...
    Aside from those, the only Marvel books I'll be picking up for the foreseeable future are: Trial of Captain America, Return of Winter Soldier, maybe Annihilation Conquest, Power Omnibus, and maybe Ms Marvel OHC. DC has convinced me to send the majority of my money to them...
    yupp, picking up the Busiek one, liked the first trade but by the time I wanted to continue to buy them they went oop.

Over the last week I've read the newly released Uncanny Avengers Omnibus by Rick Remender. Now that I've finished it, I've got mixed feelings on it. The biggest gripe I have is that it isn't one complete story at all and ends on a cliffhanger to be resolved in the upcoming AXIS OHC.

The story begins with the creepy, out-of-left-field revelation of what the Red Skull did to Prof X's body post-AVX. However, after the opening arc featuring the Avengers/Red Skull battle and founding of the new Unity Avengers team, that entire plot fades completely to the background until the final issue of the series!

Meanwhile, for the remainder of the book, the series picks up and continues several dangling plot lines from Remender's Uncanny X-Force series. This isn't bad necessarily, it's just odd for an Avengers book. Remender assumes his readers are familiar with LOTS of past Marvel history minutiae. Uncanny X-Force a definite prerequisite, and unless you're a longtime Marvel continuity guru, you're bound to get lost along the way with the inclusion of the Celestials, the back history of Thor, Baron Mordo, all the various timelines & alternate realities (Ahab, Earth X Venom, Doom 2099, Kang, Immortus, etc). I thought it was a fun read, but I'm a long time Marvel reader, and even I found myself lost and having to go back and re-read chapters at times.

I'd give this book a solid B-.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    Besides the comics at the bottom, and the fact that the content is not worth purchasing, I like the 90's cover.
    I wonder whose clever idea it was to cover up every foot on the cover.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Two superb candidates for worst Omnibus covers ever.
    I don't know. The Ultimate omnibus at least collects full story lines, and pretty good ones at that. I won't get it, but I don't think it's the worst.
    Now that 90s omnibus on the other hand . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    He's wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off and a spider stenciled on. It was a temporary costume.
    Somebody actually thought this was a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Daredevil MMW vol.9---EXCELLENT!!
    I've really been enjoying these.

Omnibus has updated his list of OOP books, its on the first page.

I'm actually curious about the ultimate omni since its intro arcs. If there's a volume two I may pick it up.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I can't judge, my favorite character's signature costume is a T-shirt with a skull on it.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes. In 1994. Mark Bagely designed the costume.

I wonder whose clever idea it was to cover up every foot on the cover.
    Rob Liefeld?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I'm actually curious about the ultimate omni since its intro arcs. If there's a volume two I may pick it up.
    Vol 2 ... LOL

I can't judge, my favorite character's signature costume is a T-shirt with a skull on it.
    Ha. The skull on the T-shirt is pretty cool. But I always thought the Punisher in tights with the black boots was a little silly.