Page 946 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 4468468969369429439449459469479489499509569961046 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,190 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    It does feel inevitable, but I think 2016 may be too soon. I have a hunch Marvel is saving Punisher for the Netflix shows, either his own show or a recurring character. If that happens, that's probably when we'll get it. I also feel the same way about an Ennis Omnibus reprint.
    As evidenced by all the Daredevil Omnibus reprints for the Netflix show

Seriously, nobody can tell with Marvel's collected editions department.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    He remade the comment last week when people asked him about the Daredevil companion and reprint chances.
    Seriously?? He's still singing that song. That's even worse. Published evidence proves contrary to his statement and he still sticks with it. Regardless, he's wrong. In fact, now I'm not even questioning whether Marvel will reprint some of the more popular Vol. 2 editions - I'm expecting it will happen.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I really believe that Tom Brevoort hasn't got a clue when it comes to Omnibus reprints. He makes it up as he goes along.

I've asked him several times re: Omnibus reprints. The last time I mentioned that Alias got a reprint, so how about the DD Companion getting one what with the success of the show. He answered me saying that there needs to be a good reason for a reprint, amongst other things. I therefore, asked him what was the reasoning behind the Howard the Duck reprint. He never replied.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 05-25-2015 at 01:50 PM.

All-New Member

You do all realize that Brevoort has nothing to do with what comics are given Omnibus editions, and that everything he's told you is ultimately true at an economic level? Just because there have been some reprints doesn't mean Omnibus editions are any more economically reasonable than they've ever been. It seems ridiculous to take it personally from him when he doesn't have answers to all your questions. He's not really the man for them.

All-New Member

Well darn. I recently picked up the Avengers by Busiek/Perez Omnibus and was flipping through it and overall it looked great! The extras were nice....except for the missing notations from the end of the Avengers Forever OHC. Unless I just overlooked them, which I hope that I did.

BANNED

Is it just me or is Stan Lee + Jack Kirby FF Omnibus Vol 3 going skyrocketly out of print? I checked the 1st page and to my surprise noticed that Busiek's Avengers Omni is nearing OOP status so i ordered it now. :b

BANNED

Does anyone know the cover for X-Men: Onslaught omnibus released in July? Will there be more than one?

I've seen a few slight different variations:
    http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/x-m...?#.VWOmylJEDfo
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Men-Avenge...J0J2KSE78QZEFW

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Does anyone know the cover for X-Men: Onslaught omnibus released in July? Will there be more than one?

I've seen a few slight different variations:
    http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/x-m...?#.VWOmylJEDfo
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Men-Avenge...J0J2KSE78QZEFW
    I really hope there is a full cover variant. X-Force had a similar thing with the two lines at top and bottom and then a full cover variant. Praying they do the same for this, because as it looks currently. UUUUUUUGLY.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    As evidenced by all the Daredevil Omnibus reprints for the Netflix show

Seriously, nobody can tell with Marvel's collected editions department.
    It seems to me that the Miller reprint and the Alias reprint coincided with major casting decisions being made, not when the series were actually released.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I really hope there is a full cover variant. X-Force had a similar thing with the two lines at top and bottom and then a full cover variant. Praying they do the same for this, because as it looks currently. UUUUUUUGLY.
    Yeah, it's horrible. I don't really want Avengers on the cover...

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Yeah, it's horrible. I don't really want Avengers on the cover...
    What's the best way to get variants other than eBay? I'm seriously considering IST but that would mean paying almost full RRP when you factor in shipping.

Incredible Member

People have been saying "any day now..." for a Ennis Max Omnibus (which would actually have to be at least two Omnibuses) for several years now.

If anything, the Ennis MK Punisher is already compiled and ready for a reprint if Marvel is going to bother to reprint anything. Plus if you're talking TV show tie-in, that MK/616 run is going to be able to reach a wider audience than MAX titles do.

Wolverine Max is done and wasn't exactly a smash hit. Fantomex Max was a flop. Deadpool Max is done. Ennis seems to be done with Fury Max, at least for now. Aaron finished off Punisher Max. While Marvel can surely do more MAX titles if the right pitch comes along, the MAX imprint doesn't seem to be a very high priority overall.

Alias Max is really necessary to promote Jessica Jones on Netflix because there isn't anything else source material wise you can use to push the show other than that series, followed up by The Pulse. It's an outlier in that sense.

I just wouldn't hold my breath for Ennis Punisher Max Omnibuses. And at this point an Ennis MK Punisher reprint would be completely out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by cancalyx View Post
    You do all realize that Brevoort has nothing to do with what comics are given Omnibus editions, and that everything he's told you is ultimately true at an economic level? Just because there have been some reprints doesn't mean Omnibus editions are any more economically reasonable than they've ever been. It seems ridiculous to take it personally from him when he doesn't have answers to all your questions. He's not really the man for them.

That's sort of what we've been saying, although you're much more polite about it.
    Also, NO ONE said they were any more economically reasonable than they've ever been. We were discussing the ones that have sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post

I just wouldn't hold my breath for Ennis Punisher Max Omnibuses. And at this point an Ennis MK Punisher reprint would be completely out of left field.
    I think it would have to take another movie, which I don't ever see happening, or a well-received appearance in one of the Netflix shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    What's the best way to get variants other than eBay? I'm seriously considering IST but that would mean paying almost full RRP when you factor in shipping.
    I've already pre-ordered mine from ForbiddenPlanet when it was £50 online.
    Isn't IST from america? There are loads of UK websites you could get it from that are cheaper.