Page 682 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 182582632672678679680681682683684685686692732782 ... LastLast
Results 10,216 to 10,230 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I hope you're storing them correctly!

http://www.reddit.com/r/books/commen..._books/ccpmf1w
    "Books on a shelf should be kept an inch or so back from the edge. The bare ledge of shelf will show up dust and droppings signaling insect activity. However books should not be pushed to the back of the shelf. Good air circulation is imperative to prevent stagnant air pockets where condensation will collect and mold will grow."

If you're infested with bugs and live in an area with high humidity the majority of the time?
    Neither of those pertain to me.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    What do you all think of Warren Ellis' run on Thunderbolts (Collected as Faith in Monsters and Caged Angels)? I'm considrering buying the TPBs.
    I loved it! Here's a full review http://community.comicbookresources....lected+reviews
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

What do you all think of Warren Ellis' run on Thunderbolts (Collected as Faith in Monsters and Caged Angels)? I'm considrering buying the TPBs.
    I really enjoyed it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    "Books on a shelf should be kept an inch or so back from the edge. The bare ledge of shelf will show up dust and droppings signaling insect activity. However books should not be pushed to the back of the shelf. Good air circulation is imperative to prevent stagnant air pockets where condensation will collect and mold will grow."

If you're infested with bugs and live in an area with high humidity the majority of the time?
    Neither of those pertain to me.
    As someone who lives in deep south Texas, this will be my main concern. Sadly this house is old and bugs can enter without problems, but spraying regularly indoors helps alot. The good thing is, I haven't had issues with any critters getting into my books in the past. I'm also planning to do two rows because of lack of space and this is my best solution. First, the shelves have to be built .

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    As someone who lives in deep south Texas, this will be my main concern. Sadly this house is old and bugs can enter without problems, but spraying regularly indoors helps alot. The good thing is, I haven't had issues with any critters getting into my books in the past. I'm also planning to do two rows because of lack of space and this is my best solution. First, the shelves have to be built .
    What kind of bugs?
    See, I don't do bugs. Lord. I cannot.
    I know that in warmer places they're often inevitable, but I live in the midwest, thank god, and only our summers are hot and awfully humid. But we often run a dehumidifier during the summer, and that helps a lot.
    I am so sorry you have to deal with bugs.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

I suspect nobody will know the answer to this but I'll try anyway.

I don't currently own any Marvel collected editions, primarilybecause I don't like the spine treatment. While I will admit that it looks good when you have a bunch of matching books, I will never have that many Marvel books. It's just not my bag.

That being said I really enjoyed Fraction's Hawkguy run and am intersted in the Omnibus. The images I have seen indicate that it may not have the traditional Marvel spine treatment, but those images may just be mock-ups.

Has any info been released on the final cover/spine treatment for the book? Thanks in advance!!
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    I suspect nobody will know the answer to this but I'll try anyway.

I don't currently own any Marvel collected editions, primarilybecause I don't like the spine treatment. While I will admit that it looks good when you have a bunch of matching books, I will never have that many Marvel books. It's just not my bag.

That being said I really enjoyed Fraction's Hawkguy run and am intersted in the Omnibus. The images I have seen indicate that it may not have the traditional Marvel spine treatment, but those images may just be mock-ups.

Has any info been released on the final cover/spine treatment for the book? Thanks in advance!!
    I don't think there has been a finalized version shown, but I would assume that it's the hawkeye logo, purple on white, maybe with some circles/embellishment, and the marvel omnibus spine logo.

An alternative, which is nicer looking in my opinion, is the two OHCs. They have the regular marvel logo, and the marvel now white spine with hawkeye purple lettering. And inexplicably cheaper.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I have read hundreds (probably thousands) of comics and these 12 issues are one of my favorite runs of all time.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

I learned a valuable lesson last night.

At the beginning of May I paid $90 for the Roger Stern Spider-Man omni. For one reason or another I only made it a 1/3 of the way through before losing interest. In the last week or so I've started reading it again and I'm almost finished. It's great. Last night I read "The Boy Who Collected Spider-Man." Amazing. But the experience was ruined by discovering the worst manufacturing defect I've ever seen in a Marvel book: One leaf (four pages) printed like dogshit. Not only was the black plate off register and printed twice for a drop shadow effect that completely blurred the text past the point or legibility, the paper itself is sliced and creased as if it jammed in the printer. Theres even a corner of another page (hopefully belonging to some other sucker's book) still dangling from the corner of this damaged page.

This is simply unacceptable for a book that is supposed to be a high quality definitive edition and after letting loose of stream of racial epithets in the name of the child laborer who screwed up my book I realized that Chapters only has a 30-day return policy that has long since expired. So I'm stuck with my $90 gimpy book because I didn't think to do a thorough quality check. This is the second sting I've had with this book, the first being when I discovered at Christmas I could buy it at B&N for $70 (thanks to their coupon). There must be a curse on this book.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    What kind of bugs?
    See, I don't do bugs. Lord. I cannot.
    I know that in warmer places they're often inevitable, but I live in the midwest, thank god, and only our summers are hot and awfully humid. But we often run a dehumidifier during the summer, and that helps a lot.
    I am so sorry you have to deal with bugs.
    I'm not sure what type of bugs they are. I've had flying ants and some type of beetle, but they usually die pretty quickly. Bug's don't really bother me much; only spiders, which occasionally make themselves welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post

At the beginning of May I paid $90 for the Roger Stern Spider-Man omni. For one reason or another I only made it a 1/3 of the way through before losing interest. In the last week or so I've started reading it again and I'm almost finished. It's great. Last night I read "The Boy Who Collected Spider-Man." Amazing. But the experience was ruined by discovering the worst manufacturing defect I've ever seen in a Marvel book: One leaf (four pages) printed like dogshit. Not only was the black plate off register and printed twice for a drop shadow effect that completely blurred the text past the point or legibility, the paper itself is sliced and creased as if it jammed in the printer. Theres even a corner of another page (hopefully belonging to some other sucker's book) still dangling from the corner of this damaged page.

This is simply unacceptable for a book that is supposed to be a high quality definitive edition and after letting loose of stream of racial epithets in the name of the child laborer who screwed up my book I realized that Chapters only has a 30-day return policy that has long since expired. So I'm stuck with my $90 gimpy book because I didn't think to do a thorough quality check. This is the second sting I've had with this book, the first being when I discovered at Christmas I could buy it at B&N for $70 (thanks to their coupon). There must be a curse on this book.
    My stern Spidey had build issues too. Spine seperation mainly but the block was also attached to the spine at the slightest of downward angles which doesn't effect reading but does mean that unless supported when vertical the block will always have extra potential to pull down.

I open all books why I get them and gently leaf through and examine them now. It was the first one that really burned me (from marvel, plenty from other companies)
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    My stern Spidey had build issues too. Spine seperation mainly but the block was also attached to the spine at the slightest of downward angles which doesn't effect reading but does mean that unless supported when vertical the block will always have extra potential to pull down.

I open all books why I get them and gently leaf through and examine them now. It was the first one that really burned me (from marvel, plenty from other companies)
    I had a similar issue with my Simonson Thor omni. The end sheet was glued to the front glue slightly off center so it pulled the book block down. Thankfully I noticed it and Amazon sent me a replacement within 24 hours.

What burns me if that if I had just finished reading the book after I bought it there wouldn't be a problem. I'd get a replacement (although Chapters' returns policy stinks compared to Amazon's) and that would be that.
    Miller was right.

Anybody know if ASM One More Day is collected in OHC anywhere?

I don't recall much bad Warren Ellis that I've ever read. The guy is freakin' solid. I just wish he'd stay on titles a lot longer than he does.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post

I feel ya. One of my Hickman FF omnibus books (can't remember if it was vol. 1 or 2) had most of a page cut out. I was like WTF? when I got to it - buried about half way through the book. Couldn't return it.

At this point, I don't have a back log of books to read, so I hope if it happens again, I'll catch it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Anybody know if ASM One More Day is collected in OHC anywhere?
    It has not.

Anyone know any good adjustable bookends? The main reason I stack my books is cause I don't want the pages to be loose.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor