Page 1073 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 735739731023106310691070107110721073107410751076107710831123 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,095 of 17378

I presume there'll also be a signed poster just like the others.

Looks like the Onslaught Omni got pushed back. CGN doesn't even have a new date listed for it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Looks like the Onslaught Omni got pushed back. CGN doesn't even have a new date listed for it.
    Very curious what the delay is on this book.

I've no interest in the Marvel Firsts 90's or Powers Omni so I'm just sitting on funds atm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    So what's the new guardians of the Galaxy volume 1 hardcover coming out? And what makes it different from the previous volume 1 OHC that's out?
    I think that's the PHC for the new series that launches after secret wars collecting 1-5 or something for 25 USD.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Here is the product page so we can keep checking daily to see if there is an update on ETA

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=FEB150870

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I think that's the PHC for the new series that launches after secret wars collecting 1-5 or something for 25 USD.
    Oh.. Thought maybe since it was listed as $27.99 it was a OHC.. Never mind then! Damn price increases on smaller items

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Oh.. Thought maybe since it was listed as $27.99 it was a OHC.. Never mind then! Damn price increases on smaller items
    Yeah, they are quite expensive. I used to love getting PHCs in some cases. I have a large collection of them, and you can see exactly where in marvel history they stopped getting a big chunk of cash from me. Marvel's quality took a nosedive during the now rebranding. Their standard PHC hardcovers (Not OHC, or Omni) are, in my opinion, the worst in the industry. Trades are probably a better dollar-for-value quality. I'm hoping for a change in them for the ANAD rebranding.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I doubt they're so thickheaded as to not consider the alternative that they might be pricing their product too high. And what if they did conclude reprints weren't paying off? Should people continue to pay a exorbitant premium out of fear that a product might not be offered any more?
    Hi!

I'd like you to meet my good friend, Marvel's Collected Editions Department. He has provided such great hits as the 90s collection omnibus, Marvel NOW! omnibus and creating an inverse relationship between quality of book and price of book. The rational mind will of course want believe that he is not, as you say, thickheaded but we must always remember that every time we assume something logical about Marvel's Collected Edition Department we loose a piece of our sanity. Be careful!

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Yeah, they are quite expensive. I used to love getting PHCs in some cases. I have a large collection of them, and you can see exactly where in marvel history they stopped getting a big chunk of cash from me. Marvel's quality took a nosedive during the now rebranding. Their standard PHC hardcovers (Not OHC, or Omni) are, in my opinion, the worst in the industry. Trades are probably a better dollar-for-value quality. I'm hoping for a change in them for the ANAD rebranding.
    This. I was just like you until the now rebranding as well and saw the new PHCs. Now I just wait for my LCS to have their quarterly 50% - 80% off sales on trades and buy them for binding. Yeah I might miss some thing if it goes OOP but its a chance I m willing to take if it means I can get em for cheap.
    Last edited by Gotham Thrasher; 08-03-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Incredible Member

DD Companion is 608 pages? I thought 800?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    DD Companion is 608 pages? I thought 800?
    No, the previous printing is also listed as 608 pages. You may be mixing this up with the Daredevil Miller Janson Omnibus which has 864 pages.

But man, the reprint prices are seriously below the belt. They really are milking the cow thanks to the popularity of the Netflix series which has caused a domino effect in the sales of Daredevil trades. Good and bad has resulted. We're getting the reprints we've been clamouring for, but unfortunately at inflated prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    No, the previous printing is also listed as 608 pages. You may be mixing this up with the Daredevil Miller Janson Omnibus which has 864 pages.

But man, the reprint prices are seriously below the belt. They really are milking the cow thanks to the popularity of the Netflix series which has caused a domino effect in the sales of Daredevil trades. Good and bad has resulted. We're getting the reprints we've been clamouring for, but unfortunately at inflated prices.
    The other way to look at it is we will soon be able to get a book for around £45 that has been going for £100+ for years :-)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    The other way to look at it is we will soon be able to get a book for around £45 that has been going for £100+ for years :-)

Yeah, even though I abhor the new pricing, I'm very happy about the DD Companion Omnibus reprint and will be purchasing it. It's one of the three last white whales (Omnibuses) I've being hunting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I think I'm gonna bite if it's £188ish, I only have Civil War and none of the companions books, I don't like the smaller books either as they normally only collect about 6 issues but I'm guessing these will be a fair size bigger
    Well each Civil War Mini / Tie in was 4-6 issues, with the exception of Front Line, so that format works well for that... but still they look so small.

But again there were so many great tie ins that I'm missing... maybe I'll keep these and grab a digital collection at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    The first Priest Panther book is out this month. About damn time too. A strange but great run.

I'm still hoping for a Moon Knight by Huston Complete Collection. I'm trying to decide if £188 could be far better spent than the Civil War boxset. So far Civil War is losing but it is tempting.
    I didn't like the ending of the first year, Priest tried to Watchmen the ending, but other than that I loved this run. It was my first exposure to Priest and I was very impressed.