Page 989 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 48988993997998598698798898999099199299399910391089 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,835 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    eBay is likely the easiest. Which country are you from?
    I'm in California, US. I've read too many horror stories of people claiming to receive damaged books that I'm a bit gun-shy. Guess I just need to list them and hope for the best.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I'm in California, US. I've read too many horror stories of people claiming to receive damaged books that I'm a bit gun-shy. Guess I just need to list them and hope for the best.
    Yeah, just make sure you provide pleanty of pictures, pack well and always ship using tracked/signed for posting.

There are some scumbags out thre trying to con the system, but not everyone is!

You could also try using the trading post thread here
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    So what are the honest opinions on the inferno storyline? I have a sealed copy I still havnt gotten to, I was thinking of selling it. I like good stories, but am by no means a die hard fan of xmen. And try to advise with the ridiculous ebay prices out of mind, I doubt many people actually pull that in
    I quit reading X-Men shortly after Inferno ended in the 80s--after having been a loyal reader for 8 years--if that tells you anything.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Captain America: White? After all this time?

Does this mean the completion of All Star Batman and Robin is imminent?

*gets beaten down by Marvel broomsticks*
    Took them three years to get Astonishing Captain America out there. Still waiting on the conclusion to S.H.I.E.L.D. though (I believe it was nearing completion last year.) Maybe one day we'll see Genndy Tartakovsky's Luke Cage or the conclusion to All-Winners Squad? :P

---

I'm kind of glad there isn't a DC equivalent of Marvel Unlimited, actually, otherwise I would have no time and my bookshelves would be empty. :P

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    When are we expecting the next Hatchette catalog? August?
    Don't think there will be anything to learn in it. We already know all the releases up to December thanks to Amazon.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Don't think there will be anything to learn in it. We already know all the releases up to December thanks to Amazon.
    The next Hachette catalog should be out late August / early September, covering January to April 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    So what are the honest opinions on the inferno storyline? I have a sealed copy I still havnt gotten to, I was thinking of selling it. I like good stories, but am by no means a die hard fan of xmen. And try to advise with the ridiculous ebay prices out of mind, I doubt many people actually pull that in
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I quit reading X-Men shortly after Inferno ended in the 80s--after having been a loyal reader for 8 years--if that tells you anything.

Agreed. It's awful and was the beginning of the end in my opinion of the X-Men. If I recall correctly, it was around this time - or maybe around the time of the Fall of the Mutants - that all the X books started to get cross-over heavy and Marvel's editorial started to take a heavy hand in the storytelling process. Things only escalated in the 90s.

Hey guys my LCS is selling a sealed Anihilation omnibus for less than US cover price (great deal for me because I'm Canadian and will be paying in Canadian funds). Is it a good buy? Comes out to less than $99US.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 06-15-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Hey guys my LCS is selling a sealed Anihilation omnibus for less than US cover price (great deal for me because I'm Canadian and will be paying in Canadian funds). Is it a good buy? Comes out to less than $99US.
    I really enjoyed it. If you like epic space opera and characters such as the gotg, Nova, Ronan, Silver Surfer etc or your at least curious about them grab it. The worst case scenario is you don't like it and you sell it for your money back or even make a profit.

Amazing Member

Could you guys give me some advice please? £45 for the first two punisher Max hardcovers... Is that good???

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Yes, that is a good buy. I think it's going for about $150-200 on Ebay right now. If you like cosmic stories, you will love it
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    After Miller's first run the book is wrotten by O'Neil. The stories were a mixed bag ranging from amazing to bad. The sales of Daredevil started plummeting and Marvel asked Miller to revitalize the title again. The issues between Born Again and his first run are not collected and not necessary to understand Born Again. I would do a quick Google search to get a idea who Karen Page is before you read Born Again.
    I'd avise him not to. He might learn about Kevin...

spoilers:
    ... Smith's run, which would kinda detract from the enjoyment of Born Again. All he needs to know is Karen Page is an old flame, which is something the book tells you anyway.
    end of spoilers

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I'd avise him not to. He might learn about Kevin...

spoilers:
    ... Smith's run, which would kinda detract from the enjoyment of Born Again. All he needs to know is Karen Page is an old flame, which is something the book tells you anyway.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah okay you're right, as always...

Damn Smith
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah okay you're right, as always...

Damn Smith
    I wanna read Smith Daredevil now to find out what the hell you two are talking about

Just completed reading Avengers and New Avengers (Hickman) OHCs 1, and Infinity OHC. LOVED IT.

Also, while Infinity's pages ARE indeed super thin, they gave me no issues, and once I was done with the book, that whole "wavy pages" thing that was posted in pics back in the day - that didn't happen to my copy. Perhaps it is related to where you live? I dunno. I'm in the midwest US, which is pretty humid but not like Texas or anything. And my house is air conditioned so it's not like the books are in a super muggy environment.

Anyways, since I am all caught up with the OHCs (until New Avengers OHC 2 comes out), I finally cracked open my Squadron Supreme omnibus. Got my first read of Hyperion in the Hickman run, so thought I would check this out. I got the omni when it was being blown out, so I got it for like $17. I'm 3 issues in and loving it so far. I can post a full review of it later on, if anyone would like. So far, I'm going to say it's 100% worth the $17 I paid for it. Plus, I love Gruenwald, so it's kinda an ode to him, anyways, so I wanna keep it no matter what.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I wanna read Smith Daredevil now to find out what the hell you two are talking about
    Hr started a plot line that echoes through basically the entire +100 issues long volume. The story itself is pretty good, not great, but it's almost essential to the Bendis run and everything that follows.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47