Page 995 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 495895945985991992993994995996997998999100510451095 ... LastLast
Results 14,911 to 14,925 of 17378
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    My MK Spider-Man is like that too. As far as what to do? Put the dust jacket on the right way and never take it off, or maybe pay one of those book binding people to fix it.

And on the same note Ijust got Operation Zero Tolerance too. It takes place right after the upcoming Onslaught omni or is there anything missing to bridge the gap?
    Yeah, there is about a years worth of Uncanny X-Men issues, including one with an Iceman story about his dad getting beaten up for having a mutant son. I remember really liking it and thinking the cover was awesome. Years since I've ever thought of that comic. Totally going to dig it out now though
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Anyone guess that there will be a Civil War Omnibus someday? Probably before Cap 3.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Anyone have an advice for books that are misprinted?

I got X-Men Zero Tolerance and it's backwards, meaning someone put the cover on the wrong way round so when you open the 'front' it's the end of the book and upside down.
    Ebay it as a limited edition?

Though on a serious note, a book I bought on amazon turned up like this and as I don't read books right away it was six months to a year later that I found the missprint. A bunch of pages where upside down. I took it to my local comic shop and they exchanged it for me, i assume they sent it back to Diamond. So if you have a good relationship with your lcs speak with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    If you really want the ode to Gruenwald get the TBP.
    I know - the beginning of the omnibus had a letter from his wife, talking about how "his ashes are in the printing of the book you're holding..." I was like, 'Woah!", and then at the very bottom of the page it said "* there are no ashes in this copy of the book" paraphrasing. I was kinda relieved as that is kinda morbid, but also kinda disappointed, too, in a weird way. ;-)

I read that letter to my wife, she thought it was pretty gross. Ceste la vie.

Finally got around to reading the Annihilation omnibus, or as much as I could stand. Holy crap did I hate that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Yeah, there is about a years worth of Uncanny X-Men issues, including one with an Iceman story about his dad getting beaten up for having a mutant son. I remember really liking it and thinking the cover was awesome. Years since I've ever thought of that comic. Totally going to dig it out now though
    This is the one big 90s gap still not filled in by OHCs or trades. They just skipped ahead to a collection kicking off the Seagle/Kelly run that came out this week. (So probably no omnibus/OHC for that.) Hoping for a Road To Operation: Zero Tolerance collection. I know I'm in the minority, but I always liked Scott Lobdell's run on X-Men. His characterization of Iceman in particular, dealing with his relationship with his father and holding himself back from using his powers at their full potential. Made him more than just a smart-ass.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Finally got around to reading the Annihilation omnibus, or as much as I could stand. Holy crap did I hate that thing.
    Explain

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Hey if you're looking to sell I'll take it off your hands....lol Can't believe you didn't like it!!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    This is the one big 90s gap still not filled in by OHCs or trades. They just skipped ahead to a collection kicking off the Seagle/Kelly run that came out this week. (So probably no omnibus/OHC for that.) Hoping for a Road To Operation: Zero Tolerance collection. I know I'm in the minority, but I always liked Scott Lobdell's run on X-Men. His characterization of Iceman in particular, dealing with his relationship with his father and holding himself back from using his powers at their full potential. Made him more than just a smart-ass.
    I love his run, especially the Iceman stuff. It blows Bendys's "Iceman is gay because...shut up" nonsense out of the water.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Explain
    The story ranged from boring to confusing, although the latter may be at least partially due to the former. The art was just across the board bad. But, like I said, this is all based on what I was able to tolerate. Maybe it gets a lot better later on, but I'll never know because what I read (Drax, Prologue, Nova) was not my bag at all and I have plenty of other stuff to read.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Anyone guess that there will be a Civil War Omnibus someday? Probably before Cap 3.
    What else would be in the omnibus? I'm really hoping for a big 10 volume box set like they just did for Secret Wars. Except this material wouldn't suck (but I bought it...).

All-New Member

The story ranged from boring to confusing, although the latter may be at least partially due to the former. The art was just across the board bad. But, like I said, this is all based on what I was able to tolerate. Maybe it gets a lot better later on, but I'll never know because what I read (Drax, Prologue, Nova) was not my bag at all and I have plenty of other stuff to read.
    I'm completely with you - Drax and Nova were awful. I stopped reading about 6 issues into the first HC. Then I gave it another try, powered through the first part of HC 1, and ended up loving the last 80% of the event. Conquest is good too.

Amazing Member

DARK AVENGERS HC just went OOP on instocktrades.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    DARK AVENGERS HC just went OOP on instocktrades.
    Clearanced last Black Friday on CGN for $19.99. Watch it climb now.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Firshizzle View Post
    I'm completely with you - Drax and Nova were awful. I stopped reading about 6 issues into the first HC. Then I gave it another try, powered through the first part of HC 1, and ended up loving the last 80% of the event. Conquest is good too.
    Wow, after the main book I thought the Nova tie in was probably the best bit. Kev Walkers art was especially great.