Page 710 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 210610660700706707708709710711712713714720760810 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 17378
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

If you're not too bothered about having things in print, Scribd's new comic section is a great way to read (many out of print) Marvel's graphic novels. The site itself offers a rolling free trial (can be cancelled at any time) for a month, but when I joined Scribd last month I was able to find a discount code for 3 months through Google.

https://www.scribd.com/books/Comics/Marvel-Comics
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    If you're not too bothered about having things in print, Scribd's new comic section is a great way to read (many out of print) Marvel's graphic novels. The site itself offers a rolling free trial (can be cancelled at any time) for a month, but when I joined Scribd last month I was able to find a discount code for 3 months through Google.

https://www.scribd.com/books/Comics/Marvel-Comics
    Is that the new "Netflix" for comics service? I will probably dive in when my marvel unlimited expires.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Is that the new "Netflix" for comics service? I will probably dive in when my marvel unlimited expires.
    Pretty much, yeah. I think Marvel Unlimited is better in terms of reading experience, but Scribd is good because of the graphic novel structure and the access to books beyond just Marvel. I took another look over lunchtime, and they have a bunch of indie books like Blue is the Warmest Color on there too.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by Johndoe4sho View Post
    Buy yourself a gift certificate first that is what I always do
    Dude, that's so genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Johndoe4sho View Post
    Buy yourself a gift certificate first that is what I always do
    Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post
    Sweet, never thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Dude, that's so genius.
    Can someone explain to me how this works? Does the GC purchase trigger the 2% discount?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how this works? Does the GC purchase trigger the 2% discount?
    Yes. I believe that is what happens.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. I think Marvel Unlimited is better in terms of reading experience, but Scribd is good because of the graphic novel structure and the access to books beyond just Marvel. I took another look over lunchtime, and they have a bunch of indie books like Blue is the Warmest Color on there too.
    I just signed up for the free trial and man, the search function and sorting really needs work.
    If you view by series they dont label the issues on the menu and theyre not in order. Then theres missing issues in every series collection which you can only find by search for individual issues or not at all. Bit of a chore...

Incredible Member

So was waiting for payday to order ua omni. DM cover has already started climbing on cgn. This one might go the way of Uxf and IG.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Did anyone happen to pick up (or see) the new printing of MMW Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1? I'm curious if it has the standard silver MMW trade dress, or the one from the recent box set.

Apologies in advance if this was already covered somewhere in the thread.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Did anyone happen to pick up (or see) the new printing of MMW Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1? I'm curious if it has the standard silver MMW trade dress, or the one from the recent box set.

Apologies in advance if this was already covered somewhere in the thread.
    I didn't pick it up (already have it in MMW and Omnibus), but from my understanding it will have the standard silver cover. This is what David Gabriel (Marvel's SVP of sales) replied back in March 2014 on the collectededitions.com site:

"CE SPOTLIGHT: The Masterworks volumes in the Famous Firsts slipcase will also be released separately (two a month) starting in January 2015. This shot in the arm to the Masterworks backlist indicates a priority to keep the old hardcovers in print.

DAVID: We’ve had a surge recently in Masterworks sales, with many editions making their way overseas into international territories, as well as a bit of an upsurge within the direct market. And to be clear, we’ll ONLY be doing new printings of the regular editions — the silver-and-black-jacketed versions, not the limited marble editions (those sought-after versions are long gone). But keep in mind the NEW Not Brand Echh edition will have both silver-and-black AND marble editions like any other new Masterworks HC!"

I will get three of those masterworks. The spine on my x-men v1 doesn't match the rest (yeah, I'm a terrible person) because the 1 on the spine is in a black box with a silver outline and letter. And I never picked up Strange and Daredevil.

I ask wanna trade my DM masterwork iron fist 2 for the standard MMW iron fist 2 one day.
    Last edited by Canucked; 02-13-2015 at 08:00 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

When's the next Hachette catalogue due?

I'd like to know what we're getting for the tail end of the year
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Amazing Member

Speaking of masterworks, anyone know why Marvel canceled the softcover versions? It seems like nonsense to get rid of cheap and available versions of highly sought after books in favor of expensive OOP harcovers.

I'm not really a fan of softcovers, but the soft masterworks were pretty nice to read and handle. Plus, I love the new renderings of classic covers they had.

Quote Originally Posted by heatvision View Post
    Speaking of masterworks, anyone know why Marvel canceled the softcover versions? It seems like nonsense to get rid of cheap and available versions of highly sought after books in favor of expensive OOP harcovers.

I'm not really a fan of softcovers, but the soft masterworks were pretty nice to read and handle. Plus, I love the new renderings of classic covers they had.
    I would assume they cancelled the softcover masterworks as they are more or less being replaced by the EPIC collections.
    The only rub there is not every line that was getting the MMW treatment will get the Epic treatment, most likely, so there will be some that get dropped by the wayside.

While I'm not a completist who is getting every Epic collection, I have a few of them and they're very nice, affordable, around 20 issues per book/volume. The Essentials line went away due to the Epic collections, I would guess, and then they decided since these are so close to the MMW TPBs that they canned that line as well. Goes to show you that you can never trust to get everything in the same format, even the Epics - they'll probably have a dif. format then those in a few years...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Hmm.. That's moderately dreadful. I dislike the lack of structure when it comes to the epics.