Page 500 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 4004504904964974984995005015025035045105506001000 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Ordered it Wednesday and it's already shipped from IST. Hope to get it this weekend or early next week. Ironically I haven't ordered v1 yet!

I read the content of the 1st volume a couple years ago in the PHCs but never read the conclusion. This week I had the extra 2% rolling discount with IST, and coupled with the fact Marvel's drastically reduced the print runs on these large books, I pulled the trigger at $60. Hope v1 is on a black Friday sale/clearance so I can get it cheap.
    Lol wow exact same situation for me! I have a few omnibi on my buy list so gonna keep the 2% ball rolling until the captain America omnibus in December.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Is it possible to use more than 1 coupon on barnes and nobles if you have more than one book in your cart?

Quote Originally Posted by prof436 View Post
    Is it possible to use more than 1 coupon on barnes and nobles if you have more than one book in your cart?
    No, it is one coupon per order. It will take the discount off the highest priced book in your cart.

BANNED

1) Deadpool & Cable (also known as Cable & Deadpool) is freaking great! I'm 80% of the way through this thing already. Easily the best Fabian Nicieza series ever. The art is solid and many of the stories and jokes play off of '90s continuity, taking well-deserved potshots at it. I'm having a blast with this and am surprised that the series hasn't been talked about more over the years. (I guess the Liefeld covers on those early issues did their job in scaring away fairweather fans or something...) The whole series is one big saga. I'd compare it to Priest's Black Panther run in terms of off-the-beaten-track runs that aren't really talked about enough. It also has the similarity with one of the title characters being ruler of their own nation(s). It's also starting to tie into the beginning of Mike Carey's X-Men run, so people who like that run may be interested in this also. Anyway, I took a shot and am very pleased with this Omnibus.

2) BooksAMillion.com has a slightly revised list of discount Marvel graphic novels up. AvX, AvX Companion, and now Age of Ultron, each for under $20. Some Marvel Now TPBs and HCs for under $5-$10 as well. Also, I think you might need to have already ordered from them before to use this, but yesterday they sent me a code for $10 off any $20 order (code is SR8RYE). It may not work for you, but there it is. [Insert ten sentences complaining about Bendis, Marvel Now, page thickness, etc.] All that said, we're talking prices so low that everyone except Dr. Gregatron may be interested.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    1) Deadpool & Cable (also known as Cable & Deadpool) is freaking great! I'm 80% of the way through this thing already. Easily the best Fabian Nicieza series ever. The art is solid and many of the stories and jokes play off of '90s continuity, taking well-deserved potshots at it. I'm having a blast with this and am surprised that the series hasn't been talked about more over the years. (I guess the Liefeld covers on those early issues did their job in scaring away fairweather fans or something...) The whole series is one big saga. I'd compare it to Priest's Black Panther run in terms of off-the-beaten-track runs that aren't really talked about enough. It also has the similarity with one of the title characters being ruler of their own nation(s). It's also starting to tie into the beginning of Mike Carey's X-Men run, so people who like that run may be interested in this also. Anyway, I took a shot and am very pleased with this Omnibus.

2) BooksAMillion.com has a slightly revised list of discount Marvel graphic novels up. AvX, AvX Companion, and now Age of Ultron, each for under $20. Some Marvel Now TPBs and HCs for under $5-$10 as well. Also, I think you might need to have already ordered from them before to use this, but yesterday they sent me a code for $10 off any $20 order (code is SR8RYE). It may not work for you, but there it is. [Insert ten sentences complaining about Bendis, Marvel Now, page thickness, etc.] All that said, we're talking prices so low that everyone except Dr. Gregatron may be interested.
    Cable&Deadpool is indeed very underrated (I hope I can soon say that, thanks to the omnibus, it WAS underrated). I remember that before the omnibus was announced there were only a handfull of people that read the series and even less that tried to promote the series. I loved it though and I'm looking forward to the omni arriving tuesday.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Great to hear. DB, can you (or someone who also purchased it) comment on the build and size of the omnibus? I know that it probably has the thinner pages but I'm okay with that considering the size of the book.

Edit: Just found this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2IF_QGMECY
    Last edited by DantonR; 11-08-2014 at 11:39 AM.

I'm actually reading this right now and I completely agree with you! The art is fantastic and the story is engaging while being upbeat and fun. I'm thoroughly enjoying this book!

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

I received my latest orders from IST today and this one particular is hilarious to me. Why you ask, because i ordered the Orginal Sin hardcover (half off of course plus extra 2%). The hardcover is small compared to other event hardcovers or other OHC that i recently picked up, and not only that but pricing of this hardcover is ridiculous. I now realize Marvel got me. I stacked it up against my Fury Max OHC and even my Best of Spiderman OHC (which are priced way less than $75 MSRP and payed less in subsequent discounts) and wondered for such a small book, content wise, why Marvel overcharged severely. Through this discovery I have now realized b/c of my ignorance and loyalty, that marvel will continue to raise prices on content knowing we will pay the price anyway , because of "fan loyalty" . If it weren't for sites like IST/CGN I don't think i would have considered or even bought half the books I own now.
    Last edited by Whenitmatters; 11-08-2014 at 03:43 PM.

2) BooksAMillion.com has a slightly revised list of discount Marvel graphic novels up. AvX, AvX Companion, and now Age of Ultron, each for under $20. Some Marvel Now TPBs and HCs for under $5-$10 as well. Also, I think you might need to have already ordered from them before to use this, but yesterday they sent me a code for $10 off any $20 order (code is SR8RYE). It may not work for you, but there it is. [Insert ten sentences complaining about Bendis, Marvel Now, page thickness, etc.] All that said, we're talking prices so low that everyone except Dr. Gregatron may be interested.[/QUOTE]

I got the same code by email, should be good for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    I received my latest orders from IST today and this one particular is hilarious to me. Why you ask, because i ordered the Orginal Sin hardcover (half off of course plus extra 2%). The hardcover is small compared to other event hardcovers or other OHC that i recently picked up, and not only that but pricing of this hardcover is ridiculous. I know realize Marvel got me. I stacked it up against my Fury Max OHC and even my Best of Spiderman OHC (which are priced way less than $75 MSRP and payed less in subsequent discounts) and wondered for such a small book, content wise, why Marvel overcharged severely. Through this discovery I have now realized b/c of my ignorance and loyalty, that marvel will continue to raise prices on content knowing we will pay the price anyway , because of "fan loyalty" . If it weren't for sites like IST/CGN I don't think i would have considered or even bought half the books I own now.
    I ordered Original Sin on amazon when it was listed at 35. I feel like that its a bit much and am tempted to cancel. 75 is robbery. Does it come with the digital issues?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Can't believe Original Sin found it's way to #8 out of the top sellers of week.
    C'mon people, stop feeding them! Just stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Can't believe Original Sin found it's way to #8 out of the top sellers of week.
    C'mon people, stop feeding them! Just stop!
    And there's people out there who will be buying it for $100+ off ebay in three years.

Stop the insanity!
    Darkhorse is getting more and more of my money. I'll still buy marvel on deals but now that I have my white whales and online deals, they don't demand my dollars at all.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    And there's people out there who will be buying it for $100+ off ebay in three years.

Stop the insanity!
    Darkhorse is getting more and more of my money. I'll still buy marvel on deals but now that I have my white whales and online deals, they don't demand my dollars at all.
    Dark Horse has some amazing hardcovers! I hope they'll start releasing more LE lines (Really looking forward to Kabuki but since the Hellboy LE, Fear agent LE and Avatar LE lines are done for now there won't be any LE's I'm interested in apart from Kabuki (not a Buffy fan)). I'm hoping for a Dark Horse Presents LE line (could either be the whole original series or best of compilations), The Goon LE line and Mind MGMT LE's.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Great to hear. DB, can you (or someone who also purchased it) comment on the build and size of the omnibus? I know that it probably has the thinner pages but I'm okay with that considering the size of the book.

Edit: Just found this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2IF_QGMECY
    All I can really say is that it feels solid to me. It's heavy. Feels like there are 50+ issues in it. The b&w sketch cover art underneath the dust jacket is great. It has the thinner (NOT "thinnest") paper but is still quite good, with no noticeable bleed-through on white pages. Maybe it's just the added weight because of the number of pages, but I feel like this is the best new Omnibus I've held in quite some time. It feels better constructed than Uncanny X-Force, for example.

I ordered Original Sin on amazon when it was listed at 35. I feel like that its a bit much and am tempted to cancel. 75 is robbery. Does it come with the digital issues?
    I'm 99% sure that it doesn't come with a digital code. None of the pictures I've seen of the cover have the digital edition icon. This is in fact why I passed on it. $75 would be absolute robbery, but $37.50 at IST or $35 + tax at Amazon would possibly be okay... after I sold my individual issues or traded them in at my LCS... EXCEPT for the fact that the OHC doesn't come with a digital code. I mean, check out eBay prices for Original Sin #0-8. They are rock bottom. I already paid $4-5 per issue on this thing. I'm not taking a loss to upgrade to OHC when the OHC comes with the super-thin paper and doesn't even come with a digital code. Forget that. I wonder why they didn't include the code in this. AvX, Age of Ultron, and Infinity all had codes in their OHCs... Maybe Original Sin doesn't count as a big enough event or something. I actually kind of liked it (not loved it), for the most part (until issue 8).

I've recently read all of Aaron's wolverine and I think Get Mystique is his best arc.
    I'd go with "Insane in the Brain". I thought "Get Mystique" was decent, though.

Nope, no digital copy with this one...