Page 632 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1325325826226286296306316326336346356366426827321132 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Yup. I can see a future death of wolverine omni too, with the two marvel now wolverine series. The death of series. The one shots, storm and x-men issues. Logan legacy and weapon x program.
    No. Won't happen. Because that makes too much sense.
    BUT, you might get the Death of Wolverine Companion that has everything but the 4-issue series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, it's trim size oversized.
    Thanks!
    (10 char)

Amazing Member

So I was looking at Shadow Land on Wikipedia and realized that the mini series plus all the other related mini series would be enough for an omnibus. Marvel would probably collect the material in an Ultimate or Epic collection before they consider omnibooing it, but it's nice to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    No. Won't happen. Because that makes too much sense.
    BUT, you might get the Death of Wolverine Companion that has everything but the 4-issue series.
    The truth hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by heatvision View Post
    So I was looking at Shadow Land on Wikipedia and realized that the mini series plus all the other related mini series would be enough for an omnibus. Marvel would probably collect the material in an Ultimate or Epic collection before they consider omnibooing it, but it's nice to think about.
    I haven't read shadowland, but the LCS near me has had the PHCs forever. I've been tempted, but I won't pay the prices for them. Even an overpriced marvel omni would be cheaper.

In other news Channing Tatertot is Gambit.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

I don't think Marvel is going to recollect Shadowland any time soon, Omnibus or Big TPB collection. It was a poorly received street level event where Diggle was painted into a crappy corner by editorial and the mammoth runs preceding his and couldn't write his way out of it.

The hardcovers and TPBs were remaindered/clearanced a few years ago and can usually be found pretty cheap online. I found all 7 Shadowland non-remainder marked hardcover copies for an average of $5 each online, but that was two or three years ago.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

No way Shadowland gets omni'd. It was hated too much and the memories are too fresh.
    Miller was right.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Question for the collectors of the forum:

Has anyone purchased a Collected Edition from Comixology? I was wondering how they differ from buying individual issues and if they're worth it, considering they save a few dollars price-wise.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    No way Shadowland gets omni'd. It was hated too much and the memories are too fresh.
    I agree here. I remember thinking it was going to be pretty good. The idea of DD taking control of The Hand is a pretty cool idea, but the execution was bungled and too many tie-ins ultimately led to another underwhelming event.

I did like the Thunderbolts tie-ins. The art was awesome (Kev Walker or Declan Shavley, I forget) and it featured some great bada$$ moments for Crossbones and Man-Thing.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

leave for a while, and there is 633 pages and counting. I'm still on page 572 lol

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Received the Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus, which leaves me slightly farther in my attempt to read through the whole of Amazing Spider-Man (at the moment, I've read about 350 of them.)

Just need to find a way to read through its 1300 pages!
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post

Has anyone purchased a Collected Edition from Comixology? I was wondering how they differ from buying individual issues and if they're worth it, considering they save a few dollars price-wise.
    Apart from the issues they usually collect some extra's like in regular collected editions
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Received the Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus, which leaves me slightly farther in my attempt to read through the whole of Amazing Spider-Man (at the moment, I've read about 350 of them.)

Just need to find a way to read through its 1300 pages!
    Like a fine wine, it has aged well and goes down smooth and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I agree here. I remember thinking it was going to be pretty good. The idea of DD taking control of The Hand is a pretty cool idea, but the execution was bungled and too many tie-ins ultimately led to another underwhelming event.

I did like the Thunderbolts tie-ins. The art was awesome (Kev Walker or Declan Shavley, I forget) and it featured some great bada$$ moments for Crossbones and Man-Thing.
    I agree. The concept was great. I don't have the hate for it that others do, but when you look at the two runs that preceded it - those by Bendis and Brubaker - it certainly didn't stack up.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post

Just some extras, which are sometimes included even in the individual issues, and it's a single file, so you can read the entire story without switching issues. They are kinda pointless, frankly. I just get whichever offers a smaller price.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Man-Thing's fairly continual use for about 20+ issues in the Thunderbolts was great. They really did some positive character growth with him. As a fan of the character I've been hoping for a mini or ongoing to pick up with Ted Sallis/Man-Thing cause now that he has a "voice" back it'd be nice to see what Manny's been up to.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime