Page 457 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557957 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 17378

Hey guys, Walt Simonson's Thor Omnibus for $120 shipped is worth it, right?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    Hey guys, Walt Simonson's Thor Omnibus for $120 shipped is worth it, right?
    In my opinion maybe. It's a good price for the omni but it depends on how much you want it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    In my opinion maybe. It's a good price for the omni but it depends on how much you want it
    I've never read the series, and it seems to be regarded highly. This seemed like the best option of getting everything in one go.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    I've never read the series, and it seems to be regarded highly. This seemed like the best option of getting everything in one go.
    You can also get the 5 trades for $81 from IST but the omnibus sure looks nice indeed. The run is very good so it really only depends on if you want to pay $40 more for a nice hc edition
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Hey guys, do you know what gets released in eight days!?

All-New Ultimates v.1: Power for Power

Yeah, I know you don't care about the Ultimate universe and whatnot... but you might want to check this one!

Look, it's a flawed book but one of Marvel's most interesting. Just imagine this: Gillen and McKelvie's Young Avengers - all the hipsterism+ Mark Gruenwald + 80's Marvel. If it interests you, give it a try. If not, just ignore it (and make sad in the process of doing so). By the way, it's written by Michel Fiffe, the new wonder-boy from the autopublishing comics scene (read Copra!!!)

The team members are: Dagger, Cloak, Spider-Man, Kitty Pryde, Spider-Woman and Bombshell.

Scourge is not the only character created by Mark Gruenwald that gest a revamped version. Others like Diamondback, Crossbones and The Serpent Society appear too.

Between the concepts, art and coloring, this book has a very unique personality

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I'd also like to know if the Companion is worth it. And if it is which to read first.
    The companion has a few issues that should have been included in the original omni. X-Universe and X-Chronicles, but I could be remembering those titles wrong. Otherwise, skippable except for X-Book completionists and super-fans of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You can also get the 5 trades for $81 from IST but the omnibus sure looks nice indeed. The run is very good so it really only depends on if you want to pay $40 more for a nice hc edition
    Paying $81 for 5 trades seems ridiculous, though, when the omnibus was available for less than $70 just a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Paying $81 for 5 trades seems ridiculous, though, when the omnibus was available for less than $70 just a few years ago.
    It's one of the worst things about missing something. Knowing it was x amount less in the past. And worse than that is making the decision to not buy something knowing later on you're going to want it and have to pay more ha ha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Hey guys, do you know what gets released in eight days!?

All-New Ultimates v.1: Power for Power

Yeah, I know you don't care about the Ultimate universe and whatnot... but you might want to check this one!
    I care about the Ultimates Universe, but I stopped buying it when they stopped releasing it in oversized hard covers for... no reason they ever shared with us.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    I care about the Ultimates Universe, but I stopped buying it when they stopped releasing it in oversized hard covers for... no reason they ever shared with us.
    Oh I can take a guess at that one. I suspect that because the Ultimate Universe stories - for the most part - suck so bad, Marvel can't sell OHCs. (Although Marvel really should make an exception for Ultimate Spider-Man. At least Bendis is still trying.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Oh I can take a guess at that one. I suspect that because the Ultimate Universe stories - for the most part - suck so bad, Marvel can't sell OHCs. (Although Marvel really should make an exception for Ultimate Spider-Man. At least Bendis is still trying.)
    Hickman's run on Ultimates was amazing, so I beg to differ. I'd LOVE to pick that up in OHC.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    It's one of the worst things about missing something. Knowing it was x amount less in the past. And worse than that is making the decision to not buy something knowing later on you're going to want it and have to pay more ha ha
    Truly, if I've learned anything in my past four years of collecting, it's "just buy the damn thing." Especially on oversized books, they're very rarely going to be sell for less than you paid for them in the long run if you got them for 40-50% off and keep them in good condition.

I can't deal with the heartbreak and drama of chasing stuff down after the fact anymore.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

BANNED

Yeah, I'm going to have to sell my AoA Omnibus (Joe Mad variant cover) if the prices keep rising. I always thought the event was overrated, just "okay". And though I liked it better last year when I read through the Omnibus, it's still like... I can buy all of those single issues for less than $1 each. And it's nice to have the Omnibus but if I can make like triple/quadruple my money back on it and it goes to a good home where someone values it more than I do, then I'm going to have to part with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    Emma Frost Ultimate Collection TPB
    Anyone know if that run's any good? I liked what they were doing with the character at the time in the core X-titles.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Truly, if I've learned anything in my past four years of collecting, it's "just buy the damn thing." Especially on oversized books, they're very rarely going to be sell for less than you paid for them in the long run if you got them for 40-50% off and keep them in good condition.

I can't deal with the heartbreak and drama of chasing stuff down after the fact anymore.
    Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. I've regretted not buying Omnibuses and OHCs before. Not going to go through that again when you can almost ALWAYS make a profit on them anyway reselling them a few years later.

I've been on the fence about Cable/Deadpool, but I'm just going to go for it next week, especially if IST has it for 50% off. It's over 50 issues. So it'll be barely over $1 per issue. No way I can miss that deal.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Anyone know if that run's any good? I liked what they were doing with the character at the time in the core X-titles.
    I can get back to you when I've read it.

I only bought it because she quickly became one of my favourite characters.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    I can get back to you when I've read it.

I only bought it because she quickly became one of my favourite characters.
    It's teenage Emma's growth into adulthood told over eighteen issues. Basically her father's a massive, massive corporate asshole who doesn't care for anyone in her family so she ends up running away. This is around the same time Marvel were pushing for more and more teen-centric titles, e.g. Runaways the year after this was published. I read it last year and I definitely recommend it, although if you're looking for "Emma in the Hellfire Club" or "Emma with the X-Men", this isn't it. The art's pretty neat too.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community