Page 1070 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 705709701020106010661067106810691070107110721073107410801120 ... LastLast
Results 16,036 to 16,050 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
    Dang. Guess I'll have to wait and see what else comes along.

Do Epic Collections and Masterworks come with any catches?
    The catch with the Epic Collections is the volumes aren't printed in chronological order, for example there's currently four Amazing Spider-Man volumes available but they are volumes 1, 15, 20 and 22 (with Vol 21 out early next year). The majority of the other titles in this series follow the same rule of out-of-order releases.

The Masterworks are really nice, but can be released infrequently, contain less issues and go for a higher price. As they are always released chronologically, you will generally be able to estimate when a certain run/story will be reprinted. You can't really do that with the Epics.
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 08-02-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcauburn View Post
    I currently have all the previous Civil War hardcovers (apart from Avengers) and now they are getting reprinted I'm not sure if I should sell them and buy the box set instead. Probably still have enough left over for the Daredevil omnibus reprints too. However I do like having these rare OOP on my shelf. Any one have any advice?
    Well the Spines are different on the box, so depends on what you want. You should be able to get the box for about half off if you pre-order or buy day of from IST.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    was looking forward to the Civil War boxset, but now i have found out that they aren't OHC's i may just keep my Civil War OHC and not bother with the box set, £350ish for some regular sized HC's is pretty pricey
    Yeah, The Marvel Masterworks box and Secret Wars Box were not OHC, so no surprise the Civil War box is not OHC. It would of been great if they were OHC. I'm guessing lots of the people on this board would give up Omnibuses completely if the Masterworks kept the good paper and moved to OHC.

Does anyone have either of the previous box set collections (Famous Firsts or Secret Wars)?

I put in an order for Secret Wars and am wondering what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As said previously, I also doubt it will backfire. And even if it did, Marvel could read it the wrong way and deduce that reprints are not paying off.
    I usually place an order for around $100 once a month. I've definately had to cut back on Marvel over the past year because of the price increase. They have moved into IDW territory where I have to be move selective with what I buy. DC their rival sells books 50% larger for 50% cheaper. I don't even really like DC books but I am much more willing to give them a shot now. I hope the market pushes back I've already had to cut back on their books.

Was really hoping Civil War would be an Anniversary Edition with extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    It's not the first time marvel has charged $125 for an 800 page book.
    But I think it's the first time they increased the price of an omnibus reprint--the fact that its only 800 pages is just adding salt on the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I usually don't agree with you but this time I do. Though I'm more annoyed by the Elektra Omnibus reprint being $100 (it's a 400 page book damn it). I kinda hope it backfires on them and nobody buys these because this just can't continue like this.
    we said the same thing two years ago about the Punisher Max omni and while it's still in print, it didn't go on clearance sale anywhere, like we expected (so I bit the bullet because I hate myself, but I most certainly won't bite it for anything else like YA, Elektra, WatXM etc).

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    we said the same thing two years ago about the Punisher Max omni and while it's still in print, it didn't go on clearance sale anywhere, like we expected (so I bit the bullet because I hate myself, but I most certainly won't bite it for anything else like YA, Elektra, WatXM etc).
    YA is so dirty cheap everywhere already though. It's £21 at Speedyhen. That's a fair price for a book that size. However, I they also want £40 for Punisher Max, which I refuse to pay for a book that size, which is why I have YA, but dont have PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    What most of the people here do is placing a stack of post-its under the paper. Basically just take post-its, take of the right amount of post-its (it should be as high as the paper is at first page) and then cut it so it's as wide as the book. Then place it under the paper (make sure it fits perfectly) and you're done!
    Well, many thanks! I'll try that

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    But I think it's the first time they increased the price of an omnibus reprint--the fact that its only 800 pages is just adding salt on the wound.
    They gotta take advantage of daredevil's rise in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    YA is so dirty cheap everywhere already though. It's £21 at Speedyhen. That's a fair price for a book that size. However, I they also want £40 for Punisher Max, which I refuse to pay for a book that size, which is why I have YA, but dont have PM.
    YA is the same price as a 500 page Image deluxe. A 400 page DH LE is even cheaper. Still, not as bad az PM though, but PM is REALLY good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    They gotta take advantage of daredevil's rise in popularity.
    They could do that by simply selling more books starring Daredevil. No need to take advantage of the dwindling few fans who are still tolerant of their attempts at profiteering.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As said previously, I also doubt it will backfire. And even if it did, Marvel could read it the wrong way and deduce that reprints are not paying off.
    I doubt they're so thickheaded as to not consider the alternative that they might be pricing their product too high. And what if they did conclude reprints weren't paying off? Should people continue to pay a exorbitant premium out of fear that a product might not be offered any more?

Spectacular Member

The 100€ I have to pay for The Daredevil Companion Omnibus seems pretty fair to me, when I think of the 600€ prices I see for used copys.