Page 724 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728734774824 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 17378
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    I also wonder why that Spider-Man by McFarlane/Larsen Omnibus doesn't exist, specially when a X-Force by Rob Liefeld Omnibus was published not long ago.
    The best we can hope for is an Epic Collection, it seems.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    While it is possible if not probable that we will see a thor got omni, I would get the OHC now just in case. I belive that book needs to be seen on those oversized pages.
    I'd go for the OHC. I'm pretty sure it will get an Omnibus but with GoT Volume 2 already up for order on Amazon, I know I'll be able to complete that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    Speaking of 90 comics. I wonder why Mavel has never released an "adjectiveless" Spider-Man OHC or Omnibus. They could collect just the McFarlane issues, or publish 1-23 to cover the Larson issues, or they could go up to issue 34 which would be a good stopping point as far as story arcs or writing teams go. I know most of this stuff is in the dollar bin, but it still makes more sense than the 90's firsts book.
    I often wonder this myself. I thought with the Micheline/McFarlane Omni a few years back this would have been a sure bet! Then all we got was the MPC releases. I wonder if they didn't sell very well? Weird.

I also wonder why that Spider-Man by McFarlane/Larsen Omnibus doesn't exist, specially when a X-Force by Rob Liefeld Omnibus was published not long ago.
    Agreed! McFarlane was a bigger "name" back in the day than Liefeld. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    Decided to bite the bullet and ordered the first Hickman F4 omni, for $70. Guess I really can't complain about the price of the second volume at this point - my fault for waiting.
    Isn't the first Hickman FF Omni now out of print? That seems like a good price. The first Omni and the first 2/3 of Vol 2 are a great read. Then after the big battle/climax about 2/3 of the way thru the 2nd volume, it kind of flounders. I recommend both and enjoyed them.

An Aaron Thor Omni isn't guaranteed any time soon. The series is currently available in three formats. Adding a fourth would be bad pacing and a level of cannibalizing sales that even marvel would shy away from. Not everything successful in the NOW era is going to get instant omnis. Hawkeye is because that's most likely a flash-in-the-pan success that marvel is capitalizing on (greatly by the gouging price of the omnibus) and uncanny avengers was timed not only to sell axis but volume 2 as well. But both Hawkeye and UA are in three formats (that serve three collecting audiences) like thor and another would simply be over-printing for the OHC audience. Plus they wouldn't be able to capitalize on the sales by a later release unless epic collections jumped to the now era. Now omnibus will get slowly printed over the years like material from dark reign or any other era. And with the increasing demand for reprints and older material there is less shelf space for a lot of these books. Marvel is going to pace them slowly. If sales or popularity dictated Omnis then Daniel ways Deadpool would have been out by now.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

You can't really use that argument, though, as you could use the "They put out an Avengers: The Crossing Omnibus, why can't they put out XYZ" to justify your point for just about ANY comic run of ANY book to get the omnibus treatment.

"Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    An Aaron Thor Omni isn't guaranteed any time soon. The series is currently available in three formats. Adding a fourth would be bad pacing and a level of cannibalizing sales that even marvel would shy away from. Not everything successful in the NOW era is going to get instant omnis. Hawkeye is because that's most likely a flash-in-the-pan success that marvel is capitalizing on (greatly by the gouging price of the omnibus) and uncanny avengers was timed not only to sell axis but volume 2 as well. But both Hawkeye and UA are in three formats (that serve three collecting audiences) like thor and another would simply be over-printing for the OHC audience. Plus they wouldn't be able to capitalize on the sales by a later release unless epic collections jumped to the now era. Now omnibus will get slowly printed over the years like material from dark reign or any other era. And with the increasing demand for reprints and older material there is less shelf space for a lot of these books. Marvel is going to pace them slowly. If sales or popularity dictated Omnis then Daniel ways Deadpool would have been out by now.
    Not to mention, Aaron's run is still going.
    Miller was right.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Wouldn't the lack of McFarlane stuff possibly have something to do with the fact the guy is a colossal dick?

Liefeld may have been a product of his era and have some weird opinions, but generally people who meet him tend to talk about how enthusiastic and nice he is, plus he still does bits and pieces for Marvel and doesn't slag them off given any opportunity to do so like Todd does...
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Heard mostly good things about the EARTH X - UNIVERSE X - PARADISE X trilogy and would probably like to get it.

I was only able to find the Earth X in hardcover. Is the rest of the material only available in TPB ?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    The UXM issues in the Inferno Prologue book contain issues 228-238 and feature art by a young Marc Silvestri + fill ins by Rick Leonardi. The stories are ok, good-not-great, fast paced, flashy, late 1980s X-Men adventures. You get a pretty good Brood story, then the first Genosha and Rogue and Wolverine on the run. This was the first several issues featuring the "Outback era" version of the team and are not everyone's favorite cup of tea. I like 'em, personally and recommend this book if you can find if for cheap. The X-Factor and New Mutants issues range from mediocre to just ok, which is fairly typical of this era.
    Sounds nice but I'm not feeling the "buy it naoh!!" vibe, especially for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    2% is practically nothing, don't buy anything if there's nothing you really want. They make so much money from that 2% "discount".
    I was just debating buying some stuff anyway so I figured why not get an extra 2%.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Amazing Member

So I just finished the Original Sin Companion. I have to say, I was pretty excited to read this but it didn't really live up to expectations. I enjoyed the idea that these were stories that happened as a result of Original Sin, but other than that have no connection to the event. Of course the means that (in case anyone was wondering) this companion is in NO WAY required reading for the event.

That being said, I feel like its place in history might be similar to what I've heard people saying about Secret Wars II around these parts: It's a pretty solid snapshot of the Marvel landscape circa Original Sin.

I enjoyed most of the story arcs.. the downside being that most of them were not complete stories. Some of them had me excited to continue on with the series, some not so much. I really enjoyed the Avengers and Mighty Avengers stories as well as Nova and Spider-Man. It really dug how they utilized two artists to depict the two different realms in Thor & Loki.

The Fantastic Four issues were pretty 'meh' and I absolutely hated the Deadpool issues (and, frankly, I did not see that coming).
    The Iron Man vs. Hulk issues weren't bad, but I didn't find them to be very memorable.

It was also cool to finally see what happened to Nova (Richard Rider) in the Cancerverse.

To sum up it's a book of random story-arcs, most of them hits... a few misses, which give a pretty good cross section of the All-New Marvel NOW! landscape. And it is completely inessential reading for anyone just following the story of Original Sin.

Just finished the Immortal Iron fist complete collection vol 1 and...well I'm a bit underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, I didn't hate i like, say, most of Miller's DD, it just wasn't as good as I expected. Fellt a bit off. Maybe I shouldn't read it after DC New frontier, which I absolutely adored.
    Some questions, it is absolutely possible I missed the details, but it seemed strange:
    spoilers comming:
    What was Xao's goal beside destorying K'un Lun? What does he gain by this?
    Who was the real enemy? Xao was subservient to Davos but Davos became secondary by the last third. Crane Mother seemed to be the big bad behind all things at one point but after that splash page we barely see her.
    And what is up with Hydra? I mean Xao wasn't the main boss of Hydra right? Ha is just on of their generals or captains or whatever right? And how come Davos could massacre dozens and dozens of Hydra agents but Hydra doesn't get anything in return. They build a train, blow up K'un Lun and....profit?
    Are the Hydra footsoldiers retarded or brainwashed? I get that the Hand ninjas are basically zombieghosts so they can be killed in big numbers because they belong to the cult (or clan, or whathaveya) and they don't care. But the Hydra guys are just regular dudes right? Why did they let themselves be massacred? All of them should ran home in panic after they see Davos murdering like 10 guys in 1 seconds.

spoiler's end
    Last edited by Balakin; 02-20-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Wouldn't the lack of McFarlane stuff possibly have something to do with the fact the guy is a colossal dick?

Liefeld may have been a product of his era and have some weird opinions, but generally people who meet him tend to talk about how enthusiastic and nice he is, plus he still does bits and pieces for Marvel and doesn't slag them off given any opportunity to do so like Todd does...
    He might be, but it still doesn't explain why Marvel collected his initial run. Spider-Man is well-represented in the omnibus collection, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is eventually collected. Personally, I hope it's later rather than sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just finished the Immortal Iron fist complete collection vol 1 and...well I'm a bit underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, I didn't hate i like, say, most of Miller's DD, it just wasn't as good as I expected. Fellt a bit off. Maybe I shouldn't read it after DC New frontier, which I absolutely adored.
    Some questions, it is absolutely possible I missed the details, but it seemed strange:

Please use spoilers in the future.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 02-20-2015 at 01:15 PM.

gahh! right! sorry! I'm gonna edit it, please edit the quote in your comment!

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

You guys are a bit hard on the 90's...what about great stuff like Infinity Gauntlet/War, Claremont/Lee X-Men, AOA, Busiek/Perez Avengers.......I love that stuff!

And 90's pop culture and excess beats the snot out of 80's....just sayin fellas! Did I mention I was born in 1988? I feel like age weighs in here