Page 744 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754794844 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Just a heads up, looks like Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is now sold out at IST, don't know if this means it is already going out of print.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...-CVR/FEB140829
    Tales of Wonder is also out of stock (owned by IST).

CGN shows out of stock as well for both covers and they started to raise the price. (They could be holding back whatever stock they had left as they like to then add them again at higher prices when everyone else is sold out)

Amazon and B&N still have copies for now.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 03-04-2015 at 04:20 AM.

BANNED

So I'm nearing the end of my collecting having almost got everything that I wanted to get, bar a couple of rare-won't-be-getting-for-a-decent-price hardcovers (X-Men Inferno, Uncanny X-Force Omnibus...) and I'm now finding myself looking at other books thinking it would look nice on my collection.
    Today I was searching for the AvX hardcover and it's expensive companion despite HATING the series when it was released, laughing as i read each issue thining it was the worst thing I've read since the start of my x-days. And I was here during Chuck Austen!

What is wrong with me and why am I contemplating books I didn't like now that I've almost completed my wanted list?

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    So I'm nearing the end of my collecting having almost got everything that I wanted to get, bar a couple of rare-won't-be-getting-for-a-decent-price hardcovers (X-Men Inferno, Uncanny X-Force Omnibus...) and I'm now finding myself looking at other books thinking it would look nice on my collection.
    Today I was searching for the AvX hardcover and it's expensive companion despite HATING the series when it was released, laughing as i read each issue thining it was the worst thing I've read since the start of my x-days. And I was here during Chuck Austen!

What is wrong with me and why am I contemplating books I didn't like now that I've almost completed my wanted list?
    why don't you move on to other publishers?
    But I know the feeling, I had something similar with my Doctor Who figures (from 5 inch coolness to 3.75 inch crap).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I don't think I'll ever run out of things I want. It's because I'm way too curious about everything amd want to give everything a shot. I usually just follow writers or recommendations and go from there which resulted in my wish list with over 200 items on it (and still growing every day). For example, if you like Uncanny X-Force why not try Fear Agent?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

To answer both of you - because I'm just solely into X-Men. I've no real interest in reading much of anything else, especially not collecting and paying for it.
    I've always read the X-Men since I was 10 and I just love the characters.

I remember heavily disliking AvX when it was released but now I'm considering buying the hardcover... I hope this doesn't keep up. I hope one day I won't want to buy something like Axis just for the sake of having a hardcover of something X-related!

Wasn't the AvX stuff on clearance not too long ago? I think I picked up the companion for like $20 at a BAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Wasn't the AvX stuff on clearance not too long ago? I think I picked up the companion for like $20 at a BAM.
    If you go to BAM's website->bargains->graphic novels, they have the Companion for ~$20. Not the main event, but still, if you HAVE to have it, not a bad price. Coming from BAM clearanced, it'll most likely have a remainder mark on it, if that bugs you or not.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Just a heads up, looks like Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is now sold out at IST, don't know if this means it is already going out of print.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...-CVR/FEB140829
    Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting a little longer on this, but seems like have to make the jump sooner rather than later.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

To answer both of you - because I'm just solely into X-Men. I've no real interest in reading much of anything else, especially not collecting and paying for it.
    I've always read the X-Men since I was 10 and I just love the characters.

I remember heavily disliking AvX when it was released but now I'm considering buying the hardcover... I hope this doesn't keep up. I hope one day I won't want to buy something like Axis just for the sake of having a hardcover of something X-related!
    How about trying Doom Patrol or Wildcats or New Teen Titans or other X-Men knock offs? I'd think you'll like Wolfman's/Perez's New Teen Titans.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Harbinger from Valiant has similarities to. Young kinda dysfunctional team with powers searching for other young dysfunctional people with powers (at the beginning).

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Is Busiek's Avengers family-friendly? I'm sure it's great, but I just don't have time anymore for stuff I can't enjoy with my kids.
    Yes. A couple issues deal with Warbird's (Carol Danvers) drinking problem and her getting kicked off the team, but that's as racy as I remember it getting. It's a throwback to the classic old school Marvel Super-Hero vs. Super-Villain type comics. Hard to believe the content is coming up on 20 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    If you go to BAM's website->bargains->graphic novels, they have the Companion for ~$20. Not the main event, but still, if you HAVE to have it, not a bad price. Coming from BAM clearanced, it'll most likely have a remainder mark on it, if that bugs you or not.
    It will have a remainder mark. Mine came in the box, but the box was opened and the book marked with a black marker on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Tales of Wonder is also out of stock (owned by IST).

CGN shows out of stock as well for both covers and they started to raise the price. (They could be holding back whatever stock they had left as they like to then add them again at higher prices when everyone else is sold out)

Amazon and B&N still have copies for now.
    Mycomicshop.com has copies left for $100 ($25 off cover price).

Anybody know if they are ever gonna do Incredible Hulk Omnibus Vol. 2?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Yes. A couple issues deal with Warbird's (Carol Danvers) drinking problem and her getting kicked off the team, but that's as racy as I remember it getting. It's a throwback to the classic old school Marvel Super-Hero vs. Super-Villain type comics. Hard to believe the content is coming up on 20 years old now.
    I don't know if it is funny or sad that Super-Hero vs. Super-Villain is considered old school. I guess ultimately it is just a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    The cynical part of me says, "well, if they haven't released it by now, it ain't gonna happen."
    But the optimist in me says, "If they ever do a Hulk movie again, this would probably happen, unless they decide to omnibus a different Hulk run at that time."

Everything's already been remastered via MMWs, so there's not a lot of prep work for them to do, I wouldn't imagine.
    It's stuff like this that makes you scratch your head - Howard the Duck appears in like 2 minutes of a movie, and he gets his omnibus reprinted; and he was always an ancillary character at best, yet you have this and other comic runs that are ripe for omnibusing (is that a word? Maybe I just created it) and they don't do it. Puzzling.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Is Busiek's Avengers family-friendly? I'm sure it's great, but I just don't have time anymore for stuff I can't enjoy with my kids.
    Absolutely! Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man do nothing but bang. And Warbird is a drunk, so who knows what she's up to off panel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    Well, it took the first one forever to go out of print and I think it was heavily discounted at one point, so my guess is no. The correct answer, however, is "it's anybody's guess."