Page 977 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 47787792796797397497597697797897998098198710271077 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,655 of 17378
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    That's a rough one. As you mentioned, that gap between Mutant Massacre and Fall Of The Mutants needs to be filled. And something to include the first issues of X-Factor from right before Mutant Massacre. A Silver Surfer Omnibus containing 1-33. And not a gap filler, but I'd love a 90s What If omnibus containing the first 30 or so issues.
    Was more meaning what the next Omni/OHC would be for the Uncanny X-Men.

All-New Member

Thank you for your recommendations! Also thanks to Nateallen30 for the Cosmic Comics recommendation; I'll be sure to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post

Ha, don't let me spoil it for you. I thought it was a stinker but if you're a fan of Bendis' X books or Aaron's WatXM then you might enjoy it more.

I read the first couple of issues of Bendis' All New X-Men and actually enjoyed it, it's why I ordered the OHC's of his run, as for Aaron I loved his Scalped but his Original Sin was so very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I thought Infinity was pretty much the perfect event! Great art, great story, proper (in story) consequences. I just wish other writers would aspire to such heights.
    Infinity was amazing, it was a Hickman book, so that is expected.

Spectacular Member

Since we are namechecking stores in this thread---anybody got a good recommendation for Chicago? Interested in a large tpb or hardcover stock. TIA
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Whenever they get around to finishing the Earth War (or whatever it's called, I always forget) mini the whole Prophet run is being released in two HCs.
    awesome! thanks!

I do want to encourage everyone looking for rare oop's not to overlook the obvious. I find a lot of OOP books sitting collecting dust as whats left of the "big box" bookstores.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I do want to encourage everyone looking for rare oop's not to overlook the obvious. I find a lot of OOP books sitting collecting dust as whats left of the "big box" bookstores.
    Check used book stores too! I recently visited a shop that used to carry new comics and graphic novels and is now strictly used books/records. Mixed into the boxes of back issue comics I found first printing copies of the FLASH Terminal Velocity and Return of Barry Allan trades. Both in like new/VF condition, $5 each. They were bagged so their were no stickers on the books, not even remainder marks. It never hurts to dig around.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Check used book stores too! I recently visited a shop that used to carry new comics and graphic novels and is now strictly used books/records. Mixed into the boxes of back issue comics I found first printing copies of the FLASH Terminal Velocity and Return of Barry Allan trades. Both in like new/VF condition, $5 each. They were bagged so their were no stickers on the books, not even remainder marks. It never hurts to dig around.
    That's the fun of collecting. I love finding books and deals and trades. Ebay and Amazon take the fun (and too much money) out of finding old books.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

I really feel like omnibus collecting has dragges out the ocd side of me. I can't relax with those hefty Ultimate Spider-Man and New X-Men omnibus collections sitting on my shelf waiting to sag/collapse.
    I've actually bought second copies of each only to sell them off. Now I sit here debating whether or not to re-order backup copies.
    I need some new piece of mind that will stick. Either that or backup copies .

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Its a lot easier collecting in America. Here is the UK, we have hardly anywhere for hidden gems to hide.

Which sucks.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Its a lot easier collecting in America. Here is the UK, we have hardly anywhere for hidden gems to hide.

Which sucks.
    Even online collecting is easier. There's OOP books going or £20+ on UK amazon/eBay and they're going for like $3 on US eBay but then you're completed f'ed over by international shipping.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Even online collecting is easier. There's OOP books going or £20+ on UK amazon/eBay and they're going for like $3 on US eBay but then you're completed f'ed over by international shipping.
    Yeah, I have a friend who just moved to America, so I was thinking I might get him to buy some stuff and then send it over once there is enough to make the shipping worthwhile
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Amazing Member

It's impossible living in Australia. The currency and shipping are a killer Plus no comic shops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    It's impossible living in Australia. The currency and shipping are a killer Plus no comic shops.
    Yeah, us brits do have it alot easier than australia/nz, we shouldn't complain.