Page 648 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1485485986386446456466476486496506516526586987481148 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 17378
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Just noticed that DCBS/IST has their own exclusive cover to the X-O Manowar omnibus. Not sure if that's a first for them. It'll be interesting if they start doing that with Marvel's collections, since I wouldn't mind more cover options and they're who I usually buy from. (Although I'd imagine Marvel would demand more money than Valiant, which might make it infeasible.)
    If you notice on their XO variant, which is the cover to XO#1, the DCBS & IST logo are both stamped prominently on the cover of the dust jacket. I emailed them to ask specifically if it was on the dust jacket or just an image placed on the photos site to help showcase it's variant status.
    Because the two logos are there I opted not to get the variant cover, went with the DM one. They seem to junk up what would've been a nice variant cover...imo of course.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Just won a copy of the first Brubacker Cap Omni for £48.

That's one of my white whales and I am very happy right now
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

So is anyone picking up the Star Wars omnibus this week? I was pretty much certain I was going to let this go unpurchased, but now that it's out, I am a bit tempted.

So I bought Essential X-Men vol. 3 a few months back, finally got around to reading it - loved it. Outside of a few key issues (Giant-Size, Days of Future Past, etc.) I never really read Claremont's run, and seeing that the Essential line actually managed to collect the entire run, I'm planning on grabbing the other 10 volumes. I know the most recent versions include some extra material, such as God Loves, Man Kills. Is there any key stuff that's not in the essentials I should read? The Wolverine mini? The Magik stuff?

I'm sure that the Epics will eventually collect everything much more completely, but I don't want to have to wait until I'm in my forties to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    So is anyone picking up the Star Wars omnibus this week? I was pretty much certain I was going to let this go unpurchased, but now that it's out, I am a bit tempted.
    No. I reread these when Dark Horse reprinted them in nice tpb collections. They're just not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    So I bought Essential X-Men vol. 3 a few months back, finally got around to reading it - loved it. Outside of a few key issues (Giant-Size, Days of Future Past, etc.) Is there any key stuff that's not in the essentials I should read? The Wolverine mini? The Magik stuff?
    These are both great series. Obviously the Wolverine series is a classic, but the Magik limited series is an underrated gem that is crucial to the character's development. Heck, it's pretty much her origin.

I order the DM version from IST this morning. I never really read these stories (except the movie adaptations) and have been looking forward to some good old silver age cheese.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I know the Dark Side is tempting but it's overpriced and the stories aren't very good. Resist!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    So I bought Essential X-Men vol. 3 a few months back, finally got around to reading it - loved it. Outside of a few key issues (Giant-Size, Days of Future Past, etc.) I never really read Claremont's run, and seeing that the Essential line actually managed to collect the entire run, I'm planning on grabbing the other 10 volumes. I know the most recent versions include some extra material, such as God Loves, Man Kills. Is there any key stuff that's not in the essentials I should read? The Wolverine mini? The Magik stuff?

I'm sure that the Epics will eventually collect everything much more completely, but I don't want to have to wait until I'm in my forties to read them.
    I almost stopped buying Essentials after X-men vol3.
    Really loved vol 2 (well, DoFP and Dark Phoenix saga, so not a surprise) and v3 felt weak after that. Now I have v6 too (I wanted to read Mutant massacre so I jumped a few volumes) which reignited my love for Claremont's X-men. So, basically what I want to say is that if you liked v3 you gonna love the rest!

Yeah, I just put my order through over at IST for the Howard Chaykin cover.

I have a weird affection for the stories. They're pretty bizarre but they defined Star Wars for me for the longest time. I'm actually pretty excited to read them all again.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    I order the DM version from IST this morning. I never really read these stories (except the movie adaptations) and have been looking forward to some good old bronze age cheese.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    Yeah, I just put my order through over at IST for the Howard Chaykin cover.

I have a weird affection for the stories. They're pretty bizarre but they defined Star Wars for me for the longest time. I'm actually pretty excited to read them all again.
    Out of curiosity, what made you go for the Chaykin cover?

I ordered the Hilderbrandt cover for the ESB theme.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Ah yes, quite correct.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I know the Dark Side is tempting but it's overpriced and the stories aren't very good. Resist!
    I...don't know about this Star Wars stuff, but something tells me to stay away from it.

So what ARE the good Star Wars reads?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I...don't know about this Star Wars stuff, but something tells me to stay away from it.

So what ARE the good Star Wars reads?
    Most of the Dark horse stuff like Knights of the Old Replubic, Purge and Star wars Legacy is great. Though i'm far from an expert.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I'm skipping the Star Wars omnibuses based not only quality but on principle. I know the old Marvel Star Wars series is pretty weak and I have a big problem with Marvel charging $125 for books still in print from Dark Horse at a much cheaper pricepoint. Hell, Dark Horse had all their digital Star Wars material on sale last month. You could have purchased 3 Marvel omnibuses worth of material for less than $30.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I may check out the recolored volumes, besides that, no. They are pretty dated and cheesy.