Page 755 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 255655705745751752753754755756757758759765805855 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,325 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    That looks pretty skipable.
    Seriously? One of the four or five best artists to work for Marvel during the 80s and possibly issues from the best Spidey story of all time, Kraven's Last Hunt? Now if only they'd add some Punisher...

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Seriously? One of the four or five best artists to work for Marvel during the 80s and possibly issues from the best Spidey story of all time, Kraven's Last Hunt? Now if only they'd add some Punisher...
    He's ok. But definitely not of such quality to make me buy my tenth Artist Edition or my eleventh or twelfth. Well you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    You could try headhunting the original variants. That what I did.

I can't find the companion variant for less than £150 at the moment and the elektra one is quite hard to find.

But you can get the main frank millar daredevil one for like £5 under retail price.

However like you, I am very confused why on earth they thought these ugly breaks from the norm were necessary.
    Man that is a beautiful collection. I really need to build mine up.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I have a slew of new reviews queued up for you, but I'm just dropped by before a night out to say Axis is so much worse than you think it will be. Adam Kubert might have been working at triple speed, because there's not a single good panel in his three issues, and Yu and Dodson are both a mismatch for the material. Remender's action is unclear and he writes everyone off-voice even before their axis is flipped. The whole thing is just an utter mess, and makes the lead-up of Uncanny Avengers even worse by association.

SKIP IT. Go back for Original Sin, it was clever and the art was fantastic.
    Last edited by krisis; 03-07-2015 at 04:15 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

A Mike Zeck Classic Marvel Stories Artist's Edition has just been announced. Around 160pages, with Cap, Spidey and Secret Wars issues:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/...rtist-edition/
    Zeck has some truly iconic pieces of art. This is a must buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I have a slew of new reviews queued up for you, but I'm just dropped by before a night out to say Axis is so much worse than you think it will be. Adam Kubert might have been working at triple speed, because there's not a single good panel in his three issues, and Yu and Dodson are both a mismatch for the material. Remender's action is unclear and he writes everyone off-voice even before their axis is flipped. The whole thing is just an utter mess, and makes the lead-up of Uncanny Avengers even worse by association.

Too late - I already bought it! I am still looking forward to reading Uncanny Anvengers and Axis since I've enjoyed Remender's other works, but I'll heed your warning and not go into them expecting them to be masterpieces.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I'm sure they'll get right on that right after DC puts out Dark Knight: Boy Wonder ... and The Last Guardian comes out ... and Valve gives us Half-Life 3.
    Have my babies!!

Is Original Sin oversized?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I think so. The HC contains the main series (#0-8), the Original Sins tie-ins (1-5), and the Infinite Comics Secret Avengers tie-ins (#1-2).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Ellis Moon Knight and Miracleman OHC's are my most wished for solicits.
    Oh don't worry. MM will be published in every possible format Marvel can think of. And then it will make up new formats. Adamantium Marvel Man.
    As for Moon Knight, I'd rather Marvel collect the first 12 issues rather than just stick with Ellis. I liked his run, but it takes all of two minutes to read, and I wouldn't want to lay out the coin for an OHC.

A Mike Zeck Classic Marvel Stories Artist's Edition has just been announced. Around 160pages, with Cap, Spidey and Secret Wars issues:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/...rtist-edition/
    I won't get this only because I don't collect these books, but I always liked his work and glad it's getting recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Yes

Wonderful news. LOL. I just picked this up and I should have canceled it after I read Uncanny Avengers. I'm giving up on Remender. He has some serious moments of brilliance, but they're not worth digging through 5-6 issues of turds to get to.

Axis is really the worst event. And I like everything. Neither the writer or any artists put their best work forward. It clashes badly with major continuity points and is so poorly paced.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Civil War : Spider-Man HC.....I seem to recall it is a good read but hard to find. Is that accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wonderful news. LOL. I just picked this up and I should have canceled it after I read Uncanny Avengers. I'm giving up on Remender. He has some serious moments of brilliance, but they're not worth digging through 5-6 issues of turds to get to.
    I just got it. I liked Most of what of I've read of Uncanny Avengers and heard this was the climax to the whole event. Now I'm not looking forward to it but have it so I'll still read it. I think I'm also done with Remender. He brings a real odd vibe to his Marvel NOW material and I'm not interested in it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSun17 View Post
    Civil War : Spider-Man HC.....I seem to recall it is a good read but hard to find. Is that accurate?
    It's very hard to find for a reasonable price as far as I know.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSun17 View Post
    Very accurate.The stories themselves (Civil War:ASM,Civil War:SSM, and Civil War:FNSM) are fantastic, but all 4 of the Civil War OHC's are really difficult to find, and I think that some of them are OOP. However, if you just want to read the stories, and don't care about the format, they are all printed in other softcover TPBs (except SSM is collected as Civil War: Peter Parker: Spider-Man).
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line