Page 552 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 524525025425485495505515525535545555565626026521052 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 17385
  1. #8266
    Incredible Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    There's still more than enough "wish list" talk. It doesn't seem like this thread has run out of things to talk about at all..
    To this end, with that big Secret Wars boxed set announced (although not officially solicited yet), it makes me wonder if we might see a reprint for Secret Wars omnibuses before next year's big Secret Wars event. Seems plausible, although it's still anyone's guess.

    What I would like to see if Marvel collecting some of the random stuff from that box set and releasing them separately; ideally a Secret Wars Companion OHC or omnibus would be excellent. They do those companion books with just about every event now, why not do one for the first BIG one? p.s. I'll admit I'm a huge SW fan, although never fully read SW II, so while it gets a lot of flak, I can't comment on that as I've not read it.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

  2. #8267
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    To this end, with that big Secret Wars boxed set announced (although not officially solicited yet), it makes me wonder if we might see a reprint for Secret Wars omnibuses before next year's big Secret Wars event. Seems plausible, although it's still anyone's guess.

    It would seem like if Marvel is going to drop that Secret Wars Boxset, chances are they wouldn't cannibalize sales by also re-releasing any Secret Wars Omnibuses. But it's quite possible they'll try to get you double dip later on after the boxset sales are done with. Marvel seems to be fond of trying to convince people to double dip in the Complete Collection-Omnibus and OSHC Smaller Volumes-Omnibus departments.

  3. #8268
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Please show my the data behind "more than half of the thread regulars." I'd love to see your statistics on that, because surely it's not an emotional gut over reaction on your part and the part of some other posters.
    Look over the last 5 pages of this thread. The numbers are clear. I'm not sure why it's necessary to explain that to you when you are perfectly capable of reading their opinions yourself. Is your selective reading kicking up again?

    EDIT: The number of people that disagree with this decision clearly outnumber the amount posting in agreement with it. Here's a fine sampling:

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Bah! If the bargains are no longer allowed on this thread, I'm kind of done here. I've been reading this thread in one iteration or another (almost) daily since the big amazon glitch of 2010. Remember the $10.50 Stand Omnibus? Or how about in the old days the daily deals with thwipster.com? Kind of silly to have another whole thread to keep up with but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamo71 View Post
    Agreed. Maybe we could get some leeway here? As historically, before the big CBR crash, deals were often included in this the progenitor of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is that an official MOD sanctioned statement? If not I don't know why the bargains can't also be cross posted here.
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    I dislike having a new thread to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    Agreed. A separate thread for deals is not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm not happy about the separate threads, either, but maybe if it's just for the holiday period . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Balltic05 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Good deals is one of the reasons I follow this thread.
    I'm from the UK and I don't fancy consistently traipsing through pages of American deals to get a semi-decent euro one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Nz_InFerno and SJNeal, what are the chances of putting the Bargains issue to a democratic vote? It could be similar to the "banner" on the DC Collected Thread re:Omnibus, Absolute or Deluxe.

    I could be wrong but I believe the majority of us would prefer that we had the option to talk about bargains on this Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    I'm all for keeping the deals here. That is one of the main reasons this thread is so awesome.


    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    We've posted bargains in the Marvel collected editions thread since the time it was called the Marvel Omnibus/OHC thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    What next? A new thread for all the thin paper complaints/arguments and another solely for Gregatron's disillusionment with modern comics?

    In all seriousness, if the shelf porn, deals, dwindling quality issues, packaging, customer service ("you da man, charlie brown") etc. are all removed one by one, what's honestly left here to develop discussion? I know its more organized but I've rarely ventured out of the DC and Marvel (and sometimes General) forums because those new threads rarely allow conversation to flow organically. Posts are too focused on staying on-topic and the whole experience feels boring and artificial.
    Last edited by aquitaine; 11-24-2014 at 01:56 PM.

  4. #8269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Hi guys, just finished reading ďAvengers Forever Ē and to be honest got bored.
    Iím a bit tired of the different dimension character + time travel paradigm I was wondering: is al the like this? Iím a X-men guy (and God knows we had our share of time travel & diferent plots with versions of the same character) but the avengers I read Avengers were always fun and had intention of buying but now Iím having 2nd thoughts! Is this the best story of the omni?

    thanks guys!
    Avengers Forever is a different kind of book. I liked it and loved the art but it mostly deals with clearing up continuity issues that occurred with the Avengers, especially with The Crossing. It is continuity heavy and has to do a lot of explaining.

    It's also not a very good way to determine whether or not you would like the rest of Busiek's run or Avengers comics in general.

  5. #8270
    Incredible Member NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    853

    Default

    At least try the deals thread out before complaining, it's already up to 3 pages.

    If you have complaints pm me or SJNeal about it. It's not a topic up for discussion at this stage.

    Aquitaine you were already banned previously , and only post here because you contribute. Please go back to contributing.

  6. #8271
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    This thread has not 'become' anything. It has always been this way. Maybe you're not aware of that fact with your 9 posts, but this thread has been pretty much the same for over 5 years now.
    My 9 posts say nothing about how long me reading and writing here. Jumping to conclusions ey? Names can change.
    So what was your point? Which "discussion" exactly do you mean by posting a special offer here? The 'yeah cool discussion' or the 'I found a big one' epic discussion followed by another advertisement and the "damn, I have to get me one of those" statements? Why not post banners and direct links? That would make a great "discussion"...The separate thread is just the perfect place for such "discussions" and much more easy to follow if you looking for some special offer.
    Last edited by Suriel; 11-24-2014 at 02:23 PM.

  7. #8272
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Look over the last 5 pages of this thread. The numbers are clear. I'm not sure why it's necessary to explain that to you when you are perfectly capable of reading their opinions yourself. Is your selective reading kicking up again?

    EDIT: The number of people that disagree with this decision clearly outnumber the amount posting in agreement with it. Here's a fine sampling:
    That's not clear at all. You haven't established your criteria for a "thread regular." You haven't established how many users qualify as "thread regulars." And I'd imagine if you did establish any criteria, you'd probably ignore those who read/lurk consistently but don't post unless they have something to contribute. You also equate silence as a not-agreeing-with-the-new-rule. If people agree with the new rule, why would they necessarily post about it? Furthermore, this is a new rule decision. Not everyone has had time to read it, see it, and react if they care to have a reaction. Also, your "selective reading" jab at me is odd. You need to try harder. At this point you're just being a blowhard troll.

    The mods are right. For some reason this thread attracts a very vocal minority that think they're the majority.

  8. #8273
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    At least try the deals thread out before complaining, it's already up to 3 pages.

    If you have complaints pm me or SJNeal about it. It's not a topic up for discussion at this stage.

    Aquitaine you were already banned previously , and only post here because you contribute. Please go back to contributing.
    Fair enough. Guess we don't have a choice. I'll stop posting on the topic.

    I contribute to this thread because I thoroughly enjoy these discussions. If I didn't care about these topics and talking about how much we love these big beautiful books, I wouldn't have come back. But this is the best place on the Internet to discuss these things, there really isn't another viable alternative at this point. (I mean, there is the marvel masterworks site, but it's slower and much more laser focused then even the new order here)

    Anyway. On-topic.


    I have yet to pick up the Hawkeye OHC. I keep seeing a lot of dissent about this book. Most people seem to agree that the art is good, but viewpoints about the writing seem to differ drastically. I keep seeing the work 'hipster' attached to it. How is the writing hipster? I ask because I generally dislike hipsterish stuff, but I like Hawkeye and given all the expensive books climbing in price lately, my money is not stretching as far as it used to so I want to be sure I won't hate the book.
    Last edited by aquitaine; 11-24-2014 at 02:26 PM.

  9. #8274
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    You also equate silence as a not-agreeing-with-the-new-rule. If people agree with the new rule, why would they necessarily post about it?
    No, I did no such thing. I have counted silent people neither for or against.

    I am basing my point on the posts that have been made so far which should be abundantly clear to you. The fact is: More people have posted against the rule than for. period. It's not a debate. I'm absolutely not counting people who have been silent. The numbers are the numbers. The majority on this is exceedingly clear thus far. Could it change? Sure. But at this point the majority who have commented dislike the change. That is a fact, it's not something you may refute.

    Anyway, I'd appreciate if you'd stop flame-baiting me, I already said to Inferno above that I would stop this conversation, but if you insist on baiting me, you're no better than anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Why not post banners and direct links? That would make a great "discussion"...
    Hyperbole that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand and you know it. Nobody is advocating banners and ads.
    Last edited by aquitaine; 11-24-2014 at 02:31 PM.

  10. #8275
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    No, I did no such thing. I have counted silent people neither for or against.

    I am basing my point on the posts that have been made so far which should be abundantly clear to you. The fact is: More people have posted against the rule than for. period. It's not a debate. I'm absolutely not counting people who have been silent. The numbers are the numbers. The majority on this is exceedingly clear thus far. Could it change? Sure. But at this point the majority who have commented dislike the change. That is a fact, it's not something you may refute.

    Anyway, I'd appreciate if you'd stop flame-baiting me, I already said to Inferno above that I would stop this conversation, but if you insist on baiting me, you're no better than anyone else.
    What about we just shut this topic down for a week or two and continue it then, when we know better if we like it or not. Or should we open a new thread to discuss this change (sorry, couldn't help it )
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  11. #8276
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    What about we just shut this topic down for a week or two and continue it then, when we know better if we like it or not.
    That's pretty much what's happening as far as I can tell.

  12. #8277
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    On-topic.
    I have yet to pick up the Hawkeye OHC. I keep seeing a lot of dissent about this book. Most people seem to agree that the art is good, but viewpoints about the writing seem to differ drastically. I keep seeing the work 'hipster' attached to it. How is the writing hipster? I ask because I generally dislike hipsterish stuff, but I like Hawkeye and given all the expensive books climbing in price lately, my money is not stretching as far as it used to so I want to be sure I won't hate the book.
    That is more or less what I did. I have the OHC Vol 1 in my shelf and wait for the Vol 2 to come out. Then I will read it. Same with FF by Hickman. After the praise here and on other sides, I bought Vol 1 and now that Vol 2 came out I bought that one too. Now I can read it, after I have finished Atlantis Attacks, which I find quite fun to read. I am one of those guys that don't like to wait so long before beeing able to continue reading.
    What made me buy the Hawkeye, clearly was the artwork. Storywise that is totally reader dependend as the liking of a certain graphics style is. For instance the art in the recent Punisher Omni looks like the one from the artist Bourgeon, which I generally don't like. The story however, or better: the bits and pieces I saw on themovieblog were great and well structured. So I ordered that one. Sometimes graphics can compensate for a lame story and vice versa.
    Last edited by Suriel; 11-24-2014 at 02:40 PM.

  13. #8278
    Amazing Member alb2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    We will give it a trial till the new year, then will see what the community thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    If you have complaints pm me or SJNeal about it. It's not a topic up for discussion at this stage.
    So is it a done deal or will we get a poll of some kind in the new year?

  14. #8279
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    That is more or less what I did. I have the OHC Vol 1 in my shelf and wait for the Vol 2 to come out. Then I will read it. Same with FF by Hickman. After the praise here and on other sides, I bought Vol 1 and now that Vol 2 came out I bought that one too. Now I can read it, after I have finished Atlantis Attacks, which I find quite fun to read. I am one of those guys that don't like to wait so long before beeing able to continue reading.
    What made me buy the Hawkeye, clearly was the artwork. Storywise that is totally reader dependend as the liking of a certain graphics style is. For instance the art in the recent Punisher Omni looks like the one from the artist Bourgeon, which I generally don't like. The story however, or better: the bits and pieces I saw on themovieblog were great and well structured. So I ordered that one. Sometimes graphics can compensate for a lame story and vice versa.
    Same with FF by Hickman. After the praise here and on other sides, I bought Vol 1 and now that Vol 2 came out I bought that one too. Now I can read it, after I have finished Atlantis Attacks, which I find quite fun to read.
    Artwork alone doesn't really do it for me if I don't enjoy the writing or I would have enjoyed Bendys's dreadful Guardians of the Galaxy run which has some amazing artwork but terrible storytelling.

    I guess I may just have to buy an issue on Comixology or something to see if I like it first.

    An aside: Yay for another person who enjoys Atlantis Attacks! This thread seems to universally dislike that book but I love it. I fully admit that it may be nostalgia goggles though because those books were coming out when I was a kid newly into comics.

  15. #8280
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Hyperbole that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand and you know it. Nobody is advocating banners and ads.
    What I know or you think I know is irrelevant. My point is that the praised discussions that are connected to the ads are not a discussion at all. It's a repetetitive sum of monologues, and just a lame excuse to look it up by everyone else on B&N or Amazon or IST or CheapComics which isn't that hard in the first place. That's normally the first thing I do when I look for a comic that I am interested in. Bookmarks are invented for that for crying out loud. And the information I can get that a local comic books store has this insane cheap offer of out of print books in the outscirts of a tiny city somewhere in California is almost none, as I live in Old Europe.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •