Page 1069 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 695699691019105910651066106710681069107010711072107310791119 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,035 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    was looking forward to the Civil War boxset, but now i have found out that they aren't OHC's i may just keep my Civil War OHC and not bother with the box set, £350ish for some regular sized HC's is pretty pricey
    Why, thats the cost of Civil war spider-man! Thats basically 7 other books for free!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Byrne and Roger Stern's little run on Captain America has been reprinted so many times, I can hardly keep track.

The Byrne Marvel Universe omnibus sort of makes sense, since he sells well and did a lot of aborted runs that ended because of editorial interference (Cap), Marvel's inability to assign a consistent writer (Avengers) or just being too busy. Still, whether I buy this depends a lot on how much I really, really want that 10-issue Avengers run and some of the other stuff. I'd rather have a Champions omnibus, but I acknowledge it would never sell.
    But this is the first time it's been over-sized.

It's not the first time marvel has charged $125 for an 800 page book.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Why, thats the cost of Civil war spider-man! Thats basically 7 other books for free!
    yeah, but that is the incredibly overinflated price of it now days, when it came out it was probably selling for £30, if that, and that was for an OHC, these regular size HC's should be £20 a pop, so maybe £250 in total with the slipcase

Speedyhen sell those box sets for £188.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I kinda hope it backfires on them and nobody buys these because this just can't continue like this.
    I don't see that happening. And everyone here will brush it off as "I would never pay that price, I get it 50% off at IST the week it comes out" which essentially is just telling Marvel that the price point is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    Speedyhen sell those box sets for £188.
    i maybe tempted then

Is there a way to prevent omnibus volumes to collapse/sag in this way?

I feel like the books are about to fall apart, and even if they don't, the bottom of the pages get bent a little and it's annoying.

For reference : all books in this picture have been bought new in the last year.

From left to right :

Fantastic Four Vol.1 (Lee/Kirby) reprint
    Fantastic Four Vol.1 (Byrne)
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Fantastic Four Vol.1 (Hickman)
    Marvel Zombies

unnamed.jpg

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
    Is there a way to prevent omnibus volumes to collapse/sag in this way?

I feel like the books are about to fall apart, and even if they don't, the bottom of the pages get bent a little and it's annoying.

For reference : all books in this picture have been bought new in the last year.

From left to right :

Fantastic Four Vol.1 (Lee/Kirby) reprint
    Fantastic Four Vol.1 (Byrne)
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Fantastic Four Vol.1 (Hickman)
    Marvel Zombies

unnamed.jpg
    What most of the people here do is placing a stack of post-its under the paper. Basically just take post-its, take of the right amount of post-its (it should be as high as the paper is at first page) and then cut it so it's as wide as the book. Then place it under the paper (make sure it fits perfectly) and you're done!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I don't see that happening. And everyone here will brush it off as "I would never pay that price, I get it 50% off at IST the week it comes out" which essentially is just telling Marvel that the price point is fine.
    Yeah that's what I'm afraid of...
    I personally would love the Elektra omnibus but I have a very strict $1-for-10-pages limit for regular OHC's that helps me limit my spending.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

I will buy all three Daredevil Omnis for list price.
    There is no chanche I will get them cheaper here around and next to the Superior Foes Omnibus they will
    Be the only Omnis I will buy in this time period anyway.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm afraid of...
    I personally would love the Elektra omnibus but I have a very strict $1-for-10-pages limit for regular OHC's that helps me limit my spending.
    As said previously, I also doubt it will backfire. And even if it did, Marvel could read it the wrong way and deduce that reprints are not paying off.

Spectacular Member

So one of the reviews for Essential Luke Cage vol 2 marked the book down for being in black and white. I'm wondering: is it not supposed to be that way? Like, if the comics were originally in color, why would this printing not have color? If they're supposed to have color, is there another collection in color? And are both Essentials in black and white?

Any clarification on this matter would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
    So one of the reviews for Essential Luke Cage vol 2 marked the book down for being in black and white. I'm wondering: is it not supposed to be that way? Like, if the comics were originally in color, why would this printing not have color? If they're supposed to have color, is there another collection in color? And are both Essentials in black and white?

Any clarification on this matter would be much appreciated.
    The Essentials collections are always in black and white. They were published this way intentionally to offer readers a cheap way to get a hold of mass amounts of classic material. You'll notice that some of these Essentials collect 30 or more comics and the initial cover price was probably around $15.

You can't beat that, but you have to sacrifice color.

And, yes, it's easy to reprint these without adding in the color.

Hope this helps.

Spectacular Member

Dang. Guess I'll have to wait and see what else comes along.

Do Epic Collections and Masterworks come with any catches?